Solstice Senior Living at Apple Valley - Apple Valley, CA

Solstice Senior Living at Apple Valley - Apple Valley, CA has yet not published prices.

Greet you by name

Rock Spring is a really nice community. The staff was very friendly and attentive to my dad's care needs. They were always friendly and welcoming and greeted me by my name. The atmosphere was very warm and inviting and smelled clean. My dad really liked the food, and he often wanted more because he's a big guy. They have a lot of activities there for the residents such as Bingo, pool tables, the Wii game. His room was really nice and it was decorated and furnished with his things so it was very homey. The landscaping is beautifully maintained. There are a lot of outdoor areas to get outside and take in the fresh air. The place is fully handicap assessible. I would highly recommend this community to others.

Could use some improvements!!

My mother has recently made the move into this community and so far things started well but we have since run into some bumps in the road. When she had initially made the move the staff where attentive to her needs and followed through on many promises. Since then it has not been the case and my mom said they need a lot of improvements throughout the facility. I also am not happy that this place has since been bought out and we have no information on who is taking it over.

Hi [Removed] YOU were right 5 star place for my mom. I spoke with my mother and she is mulling over relocating. The price started First at 1975 then when I finished the tour it went to 2400 for the largest studio. I may heard her wrong but before tour it was 2200 for largest studio or small 1 bedroom. Hope you enjoy your vacation, nice picture of you take care Grace

He Enjoys the Meals So Much

The experience for my dad is pretty good and it is a nice community. There is enough activities for one to participate and socialize in. Housekeeping has been providing a good clean. My dad is eating good meals and enjoying it a little too much. The staff are friendly and communicating with me if I need an update. I would recommend the community to family and friends.

The Best Fit

My dad is doing good. The community is very good, at first it took time to get use to the community but its okay now. They have activities available. The staff has been great and treating him well.

The community came highly recommended!

This is a very nice place. The facility is very well maintained and the staff are very attentive. I referred to the facility by friends who lived in the community, and they highly recommended it. Overall, we are very happy with this community!

Overall Care for mom

I like the care at this community. The staff are nice and caring. The way they serve the meals counld be improved, because they do not serve the meals properly. Over all we are happy with the care that is given at this clean and caring community. We would recommend the care to other families.

Everything has been going great!!

I am very happy with the transition my father has made into this community. All of the staff have been very friendly and have helped accommodate his needs at the best of there ability. The apartment he has is perfect for him and had lots of extra space for his personal belongings. I have a peace of mind knowing he is living in a great environment and has a lot of support around him.

Nice senior friendly bathrooms

We toured this community when looking for my dad. It was a nice community with friendly staff. They offered the best handicap accessible bathrooms compared to other communities we viewed. The reason we didn't choose them is they didn't know much about Veterans benefits and the cost was on the higher side. It was definitely our second pick but we chose another community in the area.

Great place to relax and re-charge!

We loved our time at the little cabin #6. We came to recharge, take photos, and have fun. Fall is s beautiful time if year, there!
It is rustic, with no bath in cabin.. no problem for us. Short distance to bathroom and shower
Totally recommend!

Brother currently lives there since Feb. 2015. Everything is wonderful. Staff is friendly and accommodating. Great food. Lots of activities. Care givers available for a separate fee.

Great Care for a friend

I am very happy with the care at this community. A clean home for the residents to enjoy. the food is very good and very appealing . The staff is excellent and very helpful and caring. Great activities are offer to participate in. I would recommend this for other families who want great care for a loved one.

Open Community

I like that I can leave whenever I want to. It is a nice community and it makes me feel comfortable. I like the people here. The meals are tasty. Overall I am doing fine and it is going good so far.

very friendly

My mother is living at Rock Spring and it has gone very well. The people there (both the staff and residents) are very friendly. I feel very comfortable having my mother there and know that she is in very good caring and capable hands.

Good Value With Good Service

Overall I think I am happy, especially for the value. It is a reasonable price. I think the rooms are very nice, the food is good. My loved one is not adapting as well as I had hoped, and I was hoping for a little more assistance from the staff to getting her involved in the activities. All in all, I think it's a good value and a good service.

Unpleasant place to live lately

This used to be a wonderful place for seniors. My parents moved there in March 2011 and it was very nice. (Mom passed away in 2012). Everyone there was friendly and helpful from the managers to the kitchen and wait staff and the people who cleaned the apartments. A real plus was the presence of the "Care is Our Calling" caregivers. Even though they're not part of Rock Spring, they have their own apartment there.
Everything was nice until the current managers [names removed] arrived a couple of months ago. They [did not like that] my 91 year old father because he liked to sit in the atrium, watch TV, and watch the people go by, and doze. Of course he occasionally dozed, as 91 year olds will, and the previous managers often let him do that. The new managers gave him a very hard time about it, and stressed him out. He has dementia and couldn't understand why something that he'd been doing for almost 3 years was not allowed now. The managers were insincere not only with him, but with me and my sister. Mr. [manager] tried to tell us that they liked Dad and wanted to work things out, but at the same time, they were documenting his behavior (dozing) and taking photos of him without his knowledge.
The [current managers] do not have good communication skills with seniors or anyone for that matter.
I wouldn't recommend Rock Spring to anyone as long as they are there.

Warm welcome!

Im very happy I have finally found a place for my dad.My first impressions were that this place really cares about their residents. I have been there at different times of the day and someone is always friendly and there to greet you! Even if they dont have an answer to something you need they go out of there way to help you find that answer. This place is very clean and well kept up. There are many activites for them to keep busy and activities for family members to join with them. This property is very clean and kept up! Dining is inviting and the food always smells good! This is a great place!

Welcoming!

Welcoming clean bright and cheery wonderful food, Great value for money. I want to move in there. Very active staff and admin.

Very nice place!

I really enjoying myself here, I think Rock Spring is a fantastic place! They really do an excellent job, I would give them high marks across the board. The building itself is fairly new, and they always keep everything looking very clean and well kept, and there are never any unpleasant odors. I've seen a few of the other communities in the area, and Rock Spring really provides a great environment for the price! I'd highly recommend it!

A+ for amenities, friendliness, activities, food, appearance, pricing and staff.

They are great!

They are great! I don't have any complaints so far. It's clean and the staff is friendly. He likes the food, I would hear about it if he didn't. The value is there, and it's one of the reasons we chose this one. Of all the places we looked at this was the most affordable.

This was one of our top two.

This was one of our top two. It was clean and the staff was friendly. We let my mother in law choose for herself. She picked the other one based on the fact that it fit her personality better. They were both equally nice.

It's a wonderful place.

It's a wonderful place. Everybody is wonderful, but especially Shawn. We like that the dining area is really nice. All of our family likes it. This is independent living, but they have an outside agency that can help if there are some care needs.

Not Secure

If you are thinking of moving here, or moving a loved one here, invest in a security camera for your apartment, because there are no security cameras on the premises. apparently, it is not mandated by law (it should be), but consider that various people have keys - managers, maintenance, housekeeping - and there is thievery going on here. My parents were here for a couple of months, and many things were stolen. My parents did not feel safe here, and luckily were able to get away. Management is non-responsive at best, derogatory at worst.

Nice Room but Bad First Impression

It was very nice except the first impression was very poor. you immediately come in and you see the dining hall and it's just a bunch of table and elderly people. There was no ambiance. It was like a chow hall for the military. They took us in the back to talk to us and show us around. The room that hey were offering was very nice and the price was lot cheaper but that first impression was bad. My wife immediately said no. Maybe they should wall off the eating area? I don't know.

They're Great!

They really are great. The staff is perfect. Grandma loves the food and they have adequate services like if she needs wheelchair pushing or things like that. It's a nice place. They've got everything. They have a chapel and church services, an on-site hair dresser and beauty salon, billiards - they've got a full activity list for each day of bowling and that kind of thing. They keep them busy. It really is good. I highly recommend it.

Short stay for my dad

It started off nice....my dad seemed happy at first...but within two weeks...he wanted to leave...of course management told him he signed a 90 day contract and if he left he wouldn't get his VA which he had applied for while he was there. We were shocked that they would tell my dad this and we decided to move him out. It seemed like a threat to keep him there. The few people I met were very friend...some not so much. People that worked there for the most part were very friendly....but I myself wouldn't stay there.

Looks Can Deceive

My parents and I thought this place looked s sunny and cheerful, but my parents' experience here turned into anything but. Management says it can take 3 months for newcomers to feel comfortable and at home here. The is a lot of gossip. Some people never find their "clique," I saw, and heard, a lot of sadness from my parents and other residents. I don't think the management staff has any sort of educational background for how to deal with the elderly - their sensitivities and vulnerabilities, or for that matter, business integrity. The manager actually told me at the end of the month that my mother had not paid rent yet for that mont, and asked me if I could take care of it. i KNEW the manager had made an error, and after insisting that my mother HAD paid, he found where he had made his error. That should never have happened. Also, the place is not safe and secure. I heard many stories of people who were missing items from their rooms, who felt that people came into their apartments at night. There are no security cameras, and several and various people have keys to everyone's apartments. Please, if you want to place a loved one there, stay on top of things. And if you are considering going, don't burn bridges so that if you want to leave you have somewhere to go.

Excellent facilities in the locale th...

Excellent facilities in the locale that works. Choice 1.

Solstice Senior Living provides a fulfilling, independent lifestyle in a welcoming environment.

At nearly 3,000 feet in elevation, we enjoy cooler summer temperatures and more annual precipitation than you'd expect in a typical desert town, but you can still admire the stark, sometimes otherworldly beauty that makes the desert landscape so memorable.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places
Solstice Senior Living offers our residents a one-of-a-kind travel program that invites you to stay up to seven nights per visit at most of our more than 300 independent living communities across the United States and Canada, where you’ll enjoy a comfortable guest room, all your meals, shuttle service, and participation in all programs and activities, at no additional expense.

Built with your comfort and safety in mind
Our easy-to-maneuver floor plans are ideal for seniors and all apartments have emergency pull cords. Our 24/7 dedicated live-in managers provide an additional level of comfort. We understand that each individual is unique and that needs may change over time. Solstice Senior Living does not provide any health care services. Residents are welcome to use outside home health care options that may enable them to continue enjoying life at our community.