Foremost Senior Campus - Hesperia, CA

Lackadaisical staff and not a tightly run ship

I toured this facility while looking for a place for my Mother. I didn’t care for this community at all and it seemed to be dark and depressing. The woman who gave me the tour was the owner’s wife and she didn’t do her best at presenting the facility in a positive way. She was very lackadaisical in explaining how they would handle my mom’s medications. When I spoke with the head nurse they didn’t seem to express any concern with the medications and it just didn’t seem to be a tightly run ship. I would not recommend this facility to other families.

We like it!

Everything has been going great so far. We really like this community. My grandmother has really gotten into the activities and they keep the residents active. The food is good and the staff has been wonderful.

I liked the facility. It was clean and spacious. The common areas were inviting. They offer several layers of care to accommodate the changing needs of dementia residents. We had our tour in the afternoon and it was very quiet.

A Fresh Paint In Dementia Wing is Needed

So far all is well and pretty good, nothing is perfect. The staff are caring people and pretty much prompt when needed. They have meals for the resident and ensure everyone is eating. Everyday they have some activity planned. One the first day my mom made a friend. The only problem I have is clothing items being lost. One personal item from Victoria Secret was never found. For the money residents are paying in the Dementia/ Alzheimer, they could add fresh paint, they may not notice but it would be nicer looking. When you walk through the front it's very nice.

i Did Not Like The Community

It was absolutely not a good experience for me. They were not going to be a goof fit for my dad.

Seemed nice. Shared rooms are a bit crowded but workable. Amenities are adequate.

My Choice

I really liked this place on my tour. It has cleaner grounds and is a single level community. They have independent living cottages that are at a reasonable price. I like the area it would be more convenient for me to visit.

Really liked. Clean facility, well maintained, friendly staff.

...they were not very prompt in returning my phone calls.

I did consider this when I was looking for options, however they were not very prompt in returning my phone calls. This made me hesitant to choose them, and I went with a different community.

Doing Fine

I think that they are doing fine over at Foremost Senior Campus. The staff seems to know how to handle the residents there. They are very conscious about their medications and they seem to be doing a good job.

very good

Everything has been very good with Foremost Senior Campus. The main unit is very nice and clean, but some of the outside units could use a little touching up. They have a lot of units to keep up with though, and overall they do a good job. For the most part it has been a very positive experience. The place is pretty nice and all the people are friendly and helpful.

Nice and clean campus

I do like it. It's a nice and clean campus. There is nice wide halls. The staff is friendly. Its a small campus so they get to know the residents more. They are nice to my mom, which is very important. They offer a variety of activities to keep the residents active and busy. The care services are great. My mother is well taken care of. I would highly recommend the Foremost Senior Campus to anyone looking for a place.

A very happy daughter who helped mom find this wonderful place!

I am the daughter of Christina [removed]. My name is Deborah and I just wanted to thank the very kind Baybette and the site workers "Jason and Freddie". Since moving my mom to this campus, I have felt she is really safe and has a wonderful home for her future. I want to again thank you for the quick responses to any and all of our requests for any services from the office or the working grounds staff. I just have to say you all are just so polite and kind and I hope my mom will be able to stay at this lovely home for the rest of her life as she is still so independent and is VERY HAPPY here at Foremost! I know that will be possible if the prices stay fairly fixed and I would just love this also, as she has family from 5 different areas coming to see her, and I'm so glad she is only 37 miles from my home instead of 300, where she used to live. I thank you from the bottom of my heart and from all my moms children, we are truly grateful that your campus and our mom is here.

A very high compliment!!!!

To whom it may concern, 04/17/2015
The people that have helped me since I came to your campus "namely Baybette", have been so very nice and helpful. I just love my place and have been very happy with Jason and his nephew Freddy who have taken great care of any concerns of mine with the property. They are all so very nice and friendly and make me feel at home. I also just love my neighbors and the quietness of the campus. Thank you also for allowing me to make the decision to cook for myself as I've always done this for myself and my family. Maybe someday I might visit the dinning room, but I chose this campus because of the option to use it or not. Of course the beauty of this area and the safe feeling is what sold me and the only concern I have in my mind is that the price of the apartment is not a set price, as I am on a fixed income.
I want to give this campus a HUGE 5 rating and the people that work so hard for you are just wonderful!!!!
Thank you so much, Christina O'Leary G-45

Independent living needs attention to upkeep and is a long "walk" to the dining room. Assisted living was not pursued because of disappointment in the independent living condition.

A PLACE FOR MOM...DEFINATELY!!

Foremost was my first choice for my dear friend who is staying here to recuperate for about a month then return to her home. Then, again, she may want to stay. Her family who live out of the area asked me to select a place for her close to her home.

This place is lovely, clean and staffed with exceptionally caring people.

The grounds are very pretty with roses, green lawn, wedding arbors (yes they do have weddings there often) beautiful shade trees and well cared for. There are plenty of activities from Bingo, Poker, Fitness exercises, Bible Studies, games and puzzles and even Luau's.

The rooms are neat and cleaned every day. Personal items are hung on walls and doors to rooms and it feels homey.

From the receptionist, the kitchen staff, the administrator and the owner, they make us feel welcome and loved. I spoke with people who have lived there for 10 years and they are happy there and very well tended to and cared for.

Great Community

We spoke with them and went to visit the community, all the employees were just so friendly, including the ones we would see in the hallway. We were comfortable with the financial part of the community. They keep the residents involved and the community really has a great atmosphere. It is more like a big community not an institution. We would recommend them to anyone and in fact are looking at moving another family member into this community.