Silverado Sugar Land - Sugar Land, TX

Best Memory Care facility

Silverado is the community to let your loved ones heal, grow and thrive to their fullest capacity and desire.

This is a community of engaged residents and day members of varying abilities.

I’m glad we chose this place for my husband’s recovery. Members exercise their mental capacity and physical abilities - all of which feed the development of the brain to help heal injuries and slow the progress of dementia.

My husband has been going to Silverado for 6 weeks. He is physically stronger and confident. His gate is stable. His blood pressure has also stabilized.

His closed and protective demeanor has changed to sunny and communicative, reminiscent of the person I met so long ago.

He is connected and engaged. He actively participates in conversation. He is motivated to prepare for the book club. He actively engages and tries new activities like yoga and painting with the guidance of Silverado’s caring staff on a daily basis.

Thank you Silverado!!

I did not like Silverado, as it did not meet our needs. Mom doesn't need memory care, which is their specialty. All rooms are shared, and she wants her privacy.

Silverado Representative

As you mentioned, Silverado specializes in memory care and offers a continuum of care for all stages of memory loss. Through specialized programs dedicated to the different needs of our residents, our associates enrich the lives of our residents. Silverado Sugar Land is a social and engaging environment. Many of our rooms are designed to be companion rooms since we have found that many of our residents benefit from having a roommate and are more likely to remain active and social. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

They allow you to have your dogs

I love that my husband is at this facility because it is strictly memory care. Because it’s memory care, everything is open and he isn’t on lock down to a specific wing. He has the freedom to go anywhere in the facility and he can even go outside. They have an internal courtyard where he can walk around and they even have a small putting green. The staff can bring their kids into work and they get to interact with all of the residents which I think is neat. A lot of people actually bring their pets in and it feels like a small community here. This past weekend they actually had a harvest festival and everyone’s family was there. They had face paintings, activities, music, and they even had fair food. The staff treats my husband very well and they already know both of our names. Everyone is so warm and friendly here. I like that they have a 24 hour nurse on site and they even have a psychiatrist on site. All of the staff wear different color shirts/scrubs depending on what position they are so we know what color to look for when we need a nurse. The facility is always clean and not once have a smelled a pet odor even though a lot of people have their dogs here. When I first moved my husband in, they took all of his clothes, washed them, and ironed his names onto everything so they don’t get mixed up with other peoples. The other thing I like is that anytime I want to have a meal with my husband, I just have to let the staff know so they can prepare my meal and it doesn’t cost me anything. They have coolers in the courtyard to get water and drinks and they have snacks around the facility for people to get at their leisure. When it comes to activities they have a huge calendar of things planned. They have people come in and play the piano, music time, exercise time, memory care, the staff brings their kids in to spend time with the residents, bowling nights, and go to the movies. They even have an in house salon where you can get your hair done or your nails. I would definitely recommend this community. I know I have to a few people already.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for sharing your Silverado story! We are so happy to hear that your husband is thriving and enjoying life at our Sugar Land community. As you noticed, an active, positive environment and specialized engagement programs are a large part of our philosophy. Pet therapy is also a cornerstone to our unique philosophy of care. Our community pets bring smiles to our residents' faces every day. Our unique philosophy and daily activities allows us to provide a high quality of life for numerous residents over the years. Thanks again for your positive feedback.We hope you'll swing by the community soon!

Brand new community!!

I have really been overly pleased with the care this place has provided my father. The building is brand new and has state of the art furniture and decorations. The physical therapy has been wonderful and they have really went above and beyond to make sure my dad is comfortable in his new living environment. The staff makes sure he is out of bed everyday and participating in many of the arts and crafts activities they offer. My families prayers have finally been answered with this place and I could not be happier.

Silverado Representative

We are happy to hear that your father is thriving and enjoying living at Silverado! Feedback like this truly motives us to continue being industry leaders and providing the best care to those we serve. Thank you for giving us an opportunity to care for your father. It's truly a privilege and honor to get to know and care for him.

Still An Adjustment Period

My husband has been eating well and likes the food. The community offers activities and outings. He is still getting use to place. The staff are easy to work with and they provide the right care. He is doing well so far.

Silverado Representative

We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience! Feedback like this motivates us to continue to enrich the lives of those we serve.

Silverado quite good, just too expensive for what residents actually get.

Truly awesome place. Really nothing negative to say. A bit too expensive for what residents actually get...could get a private room, superior in quality, with just as good care from Sunrise at Cinco Ranch.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your feedback. At Silverado, our around-the-clock nursing team, masters prepared social workers and experienced leadership team provide an exceptional, industry-leading care that is truly valued by family members. Silverado is a social and engaging environment. We have found that many of our residents benefit from having a roommate and are more likely to remain active and social. Thanks again for sharing your positive comments!

Great place!

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at Silverado Sugar Land, they do an awesome job! The whole place just has a very comfortable, home-like feel, it doesn't feel like a nursing home at all. The staff is friendly, the place is clean, and residents can even bring their pets with them. I would highly recommend them!

Silverado Representative

Hello! Thanks for sharing your comments. At Silverado, we are one big family and treat our residents with love, dignity and respect.

A first class place to entrust the care of a loved one

Silverado Sugar Land is a wonderful, caring memory care facility. Varied activities are offered all day long, stimulating the spirit, mind and body. The dietician bends over backwards to provide tasty meals for my mother, who needs bland pureed food. No one goes hungry here, as snacks and beverages are offered throughout the day. Much of the caring staff have been employed here for years, a good sign at any business.
Families are encouraged to visit, and the employees can bring their children. So combined with the therapy animals and children running up and down the hall this Christmas season, the facility felt more like a complete community than an "old folks home!" Hallways are bright, wide and airy, and there are walking paths outside. And the place is clean.
love it.

Silverado Representative

Shana, thank you for your comments! Feedback like this motivates us to continue to enrich the lives of those we serve. Silverado's culinary services are a point of pride for us as we aim to provide residents with food that is both appealing and nutritious. As you mentioned, our amazing culinary team caters dishes to our residents personal taste and preferences. We hope that you'll swing by the community to enjoy a delicious meal with your mother soon!

Review of Silverado Sugar Land Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Sugar Land, TX

Cosy, serene and very calm. Ann was a fabulous guide and an excellent listener. Would suite my husband very well.

Silverado Representative

Thanks for sharing your comments! We are glad that you had an opportunity to tour our Sugar Land community and experience the Silverado difference. As you noticed, our communities have a home-like environment. Each and every one of our communities are thoughtfully designed to ensure that every aspect of our residents’ surroundings feels like home. We are glad that you enjoyed your tour and we hope to be a trusted resource for you and your husband in the future.

Deceptive Practices- Chemically Restrains

Run for your life from Silverado... My mother was drugged and mentally evaluated by Dr Stanley [removed] in a probate matter knowing my mother was drugged by his own writing of Exelon Patch prescription. This company will call the police and report that you have a gun if you oppose their operating practices. The residents are chemically drugged to create Dementia Related symptoms and held against their will at Sugar land and Kingwood. Check out Rip off report website and you will see for yourself and read other stories

Seemed like a nice place, but only had shared rooms

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. This was a nice looking community, and the staff all seemed very caring and professional. However, the only rooms they had available were shared rooms, and we just didn't think our loved one would have been comfortable with a roommate.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to tour our Sugar Land community! We appreciate your comments. At Silverado, we have a very social and interactive environment. We have found that many of our residents benefit from having a roommate and are more likely to remain active and social. Thank you again for sharing your feedback!

Great day services!

We used Silverado Sugar Land's daycare services for a time, and overall we were very pleased with the service. The staff were always very friendly, and greeted my loved one and our family warmly every time we arrived. The activities here were fantastic, they always had plenty going on, in addition to occasional trips and events.

Silverado Representative

VN, thank you for taking the time to share your comments! We are glad that you had the opportunity to use our day time services. Our Silverado associates and residents are truly a Silverado family. Our exceptional and compassionate staff treat each and of our residents with love, dignity, and respect. Thank you again for taking the time to review our community and we look forward to continue to be a trusted resource for you and your family in the future.

Looked very nice!

We toured this community when we were looking into senior living options for a loved one. I thought Silverado looked very nice, it was a nice clean place, and the staff were all very friendly. We ended up selecting a different community, but Silverado is definitely worth a look!

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to tour our community! We are glad that you had a positive experience when you visited Silverado Sugar Land. Although you selected a different community, we hope we can still serve as an educational resource to you!

By far, my favorite place i...

By far, my favorite place in the tour. Very clean, organized and friendly. I 'popped in' a few times unannounced and found Silverado as friendly and clean as the time when I came on a scheduled tour. Fabulous for dementia care. The staff has excellent training and the home always has a fun atmosphere.

Silverado Representative

We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience at our Sugar Land Memory Care Community! As you noted, visitors can drop by anytime with or without an appointment to tour our communities. Thank you for sharing your comments and we hope to be a resource to you and your family for any future needs.

I have so far been happy with them. I have no real complaints.

I have so far been happy with them. I have no real complaints. Sometimes it can be hard getting paperwork done, having things filled out. It sounds like they can take care of him through the end of life, which is nice, we don't want him to have to move again.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! At Silverado, we customize individualized engagement and care plans that cater to each resident's preferences and needs. As a resident progresses, we adjust their care and engagement plans to fit their progressing needs.

Very nice, but very expensive

We toured this location when we were looking into care options for our loved one. This place was very impressive, they were obviously very knowledgeable about memory care, and the staff were all very friendly. However this facility is very expensive, and our loved one would have ended up in a shared room, which we did not think would work well.

Silverado Representative

BP, thanks for your feedback! Feedback like this motivates us to continue to be the leaders in our industry and provide life-enriching care to those effected by memory loss.

Very impressive, but very expensive

We toured this location when we were looking into options for my loved one. Everything here was very impressive. It was a beautiful community, and the staff all seemed very friendly and professional. However, this was a VERY expensive community, and from what we saw most of the rooms were shared. If you wanted a private room the cost would have been even higher!

Silverado Representative

BT, thank you for taking the time to tour our Sugar Land location. We are glad you had the chance to experience the Silverado difference. At Silverado, our around-the-clock nursing team, masters prepared social workers and experienced leadership team provide the exceptional care and service that our families value.

Nice place, but not a great fit for Mom

We toured this location when we were looking into options for my Mom. It was a nice looking place, and the staff were very friendly, but it just wouldn't have been a good fit for Mom. Mom likes to keep to herself, and this community seemed like one of their main focuses was on getting everyone to interact. They don't allow televisions in the rooms, and there weren't any single rooms available when we looked. I understand the value of that sort of program, but it wasn't something my Mom would have been comfortable with.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to tour our Sugar Land community. As you noticed, we put an emphasis on resident social interaction and engagement. Our lively environment is meant to stimulate and reduce boredom and possibly depression.

Through individualized dementia specific engagement plans, we are able to offer activities that match each resident's personal preferences and needs. For residents who prefer alone time, we offer single rooms and have quiet areas in the community. We would be happy to address any misunderstandings or concerns directly.

Good Memory Care

The communication between the nursing staff and the caregivers is a problem, sometimes things don't get passed along like they should be. It was recommended by several people and is close to my home, and they do have a pretty good memory care.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your comments. We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience.

Nice Facility

I like the facility, it's a nice facility. The way they have it set up is homey. They have lots of good activities. They are kind of struggling with a couple things - his room is cold and they don't seem to be able to fix that. The other is that he has Alzheimer's, and of course he has hygiene issues, and it doesn't always seem to be fixed like we had hoped it would have been. Other than that, we have no complaints, and everything is fine.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your comments. We are glad that you had a positive experience and enjoy our family-like environment. Silverado is a socially vibrant community filled with visitors and pets, and often time children as well. Our incontinence program and assistance with activities of daily living allow our residents to maintain their dignity and encourages independence while keeping our rates of incontinence-related urinary tract infections to a minimum that often exceeds industry standards. We'd love the opportunity to address any concerns directly.

Great Care and Activities

My mother was there and that was very good. I liked everything about it. The only problem was Silverado is an Alzheimer's/memory care facility and my mother doesn't have Alzheimer's. We put her there because we knew she would get good nursing care. She had 3 stokes and a heart attack and there were RNs giving the meds and people really assessing her on a daily basis. Once she started to get better and became aware that she was in an Alzheimer's facility she got very depressed.

She really had good care and the activities were amazing! They saw Bewitched the musical and had tickets to the Ringling Brother's Circus. They did all sorts of awesome things. The place was very clean and the care was really best you could ever hope for.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your Silverado story. As you mention, we go on resident outings to musicals, circuses, and many other fun places. Feedback like this truly motivates us to continue changing the way people with memory loss are cared for.

Nice but Pricey

I thought they were very nice. They were nice and clean. They took us around and we saw everything. We really liked it too but the price, more than anything, that was an issue.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your review. We pride ourselves in being the experts in dementia and Alzheimer's care and hope to be a resource for you and your family in the future.

The skilled, compassionate memory care professionals at Silverado are dedicated to providing residents with the dignity and care they deserve while they enjoy the community’s warm atmosphere. Comfortable surroundings and engagement activities designed with the needs of memory-impaired individuals in mind help ensure the goal of enriching the lives of both residents and their families.