Brookdale Sugar Land - Sugar Land, TX

Brookdale Sugar Land - Sugar Land, TX has yet not published prices.

The cost was high considering the quality of the facility.

You should stay on top of things

While I was in the process of helping my loved one move to this community, I unfortunately faced some issues with the staff team. The first two weeks that we were there, they did not do what they said that they were going to do even though I was paying for the service and care. No one was helping with any kind of assistance. After those two weeks, I had to complain to one of the team members and let them know what was happening and what we were facing. The lady I had spoken to said “I apologize and we need to do better”. I really did appreciate this apology and they did improve. They even adjusted the billing, so eventually we got it all together. Aside from this little mishap, I would definitely still recommend this community to others. The only thing I would have to say is that you may want to stay on top of things. I call in and I also visit my loved one when I need to just to make sure that she is ok. The cleaning staff has helped her with her laundry and come in to vacuum. They keep the facility clean. My loved one likes the food, she feels comfortable, and the medical team takes good care of my loved one’s medicine which was really important.

Best nursing staff

From every facility I have toured, this place has the best nursing staff in my opinion. Most of the staff has a 15-year average. Also, there is a very low resident and staff turn over rate. The only downside to this facility is that the rooms are smaller than what I was needing. The facility is older which is why the rooms are smaller. I needed a room to fit both of my parents and a nurse that I have hired for them. If it wasn't for that one problem, I would have picked this facility and gave them a higher rating. This community just didn't fit my needs. I would recommend this facility.

A Great Respite Visit

My dad stayed as a respite guest for 4 days and he was quite pleased to be there. All the staff are nice and my dad knew of one lady who worked there. They are a small community and they have a saying "they work in their clients' home". He also really enjoyed having the big room with wide doors. He could move around easily in his room because there was enough space. He enjoyed eating his meal with 3 other male residents. They were able to talk with one another. When he got back home, he told my brother it was like a little vacation. We would used them again for a respite.

Very Impressed

We were very impressed with this community, it is bright and open, the rooms are spacious, the grounds are beautiful and the staff did a really good job showing us all around. We noticed the residents were all mingling with one another, there were lots of amenities for them to take part in and they seemed to really like living here. I would definitely recommend taking a tour here.

talked to [Removed] who was very helpful. check email 8/25.70 residents. [Removed]...memory care in charge. 20 residents in memory 4 staff + [Removed] $4000. take the couch, things familiar to her, biography for staff...$5000.per [Removed] a GREAT community

A new home for mom

This is a nice community. We like that the care that is being received. The staff has been very attentive to her needs. We like knowing that she does like the menu of the meals that are healthy. They offer her to participate with the other residents. The community is clean and offers a good environment. We would recommend this community for good care and value for others.

The facility was quite nice and staff friendly, we happened to have a tour on Saturday and we were unable to get a complete cost breakdown even though our tour guide gave us a fair amount of info.

Don't Go To Brookdale Sugar Land unless you are truly independent and don't mind crappy food

If you or a family member needs little to no assistance, this place is for you. If you need help with your daily routine, this is absolutely NOT the place to send a loved one. If you press a call or emergency button, there is a good chance you will have to wait about 45 minutes to be helped. My mother also often goes about 2-3 weeks before they will help bathe her. Since she is furthest down the hallway, they come well after bedtime to try and help her with bathing. At that point she is too tired and worn out to bathe. If you bring up problems to the people who run the place, they will change records and tell you lies so that they don't get in trouble for the not providing what you have been paying for (i.e.undergarments). When many mother fell and needed help getting up, she waS told, "If I try and help you get up, I will get up. My mother is not a heavy lady and it is surprising to hear something like this. The food is also awful. They cannot hold onto a qualified cook and the food is way below par. It took my mother over 3 weeks to get her bedding changed and her clothes washed and she pays extra for all of this. They are wonderful up front while you look for a place and tell you how they will help you get a doctor who works at the facility. My mother was deathly ill and they did nothing. There is much more but this should give you a good idea as to what to expect.

Less than favorable...

We had a less than favorable experience with this location. My friend was rarely allowed to have seconds on her food. We found them to be a bit stingy when it came to this. We also found that the staff were not as attentive as my friend would have liked them to be. There was even a time where my friend suffered from an accident because she was left unattended.

Peace of Mind

One of the hardest decisions you will ever have to make is to remove a loved one from their home. The staff at Brookdale Sugar Land made the transition so much easier. They took us step by step through the process. Every time we go in to visit, they recognize us and greet us as friends. They have a great relationship with the residents and their family members who visit and make it a point to include the family in as many activities as possible.
It makes us all sleep easier knowing that our Mom is being taken care of so well.

Friendly Staff!!

I thought the staff at this community where very friendly and kept things very professional during our tour. They had a very clean facility and the staff did a great job at maintaining the building. They made sure to answer any questions we had for them and take the time to give us a detailed tour. Overall everything was nice it was just not the right location

Care and Comfort

This community was nice. The staff are sometimes hard to understand due to a communication issues. There seemed to be alot of complications. This community was clean and taken care of., but they lacked. Mom seems to be please with most of the menu, but they take too long to serve the meals . We were not pleased with this community. We would recommend that families tour this community befor they move someone into this community for care .They need more staff available. I would suggest families tour this community for care for a family member

Brookdale Sugar Land is a great place for my mom

We were looking for a safe, clean and friendly environment for my mom after she was diagnosed with Alzheimer's and visited several assisted living facilities in the area. We found that most offered the same or similar levels of cleanliness, care services and activities. Costs were similar, some a little more, some a little less but what set Brookdale Sugar Land apart was their staff and how friendly, understanding and engaging they are. It was our top choice and when my mom said she liked it the best, it was a no brainer. She has been living there a week now and everything we have seen and experienced has confirmed that we made the right decisions (to move mom to assisted living and to move her to Brookdale Sugar Land).

Care for mom and dad

We did tour this community. We liked the tour of the community. The lady who gave us the tour. They did offer us a meal and we did not try the food. They do offer activities that would have been nice for them to participate. I suggest families take a tour to see the care and for the value that is offered here for their family member.

Very happy!

The Brookdale has been a good fit for my mother and we are very pleased. The location is very conveniently located by where I love. The only problem is she is still adjusting to her room, the room she was originally going into was not available but once it is I'm sure her experience will be a 5/5!

Quality of caring is nowhere near what I was informed

We were told that the facility would offer many things and that they would help my mom transition into it all. She is usually left in her room with no notice that anything is going to occur and as a new resident, it would have been helpful to have reminders. We pay extra for extra care and when my mom presses the button for help, it often takes them forever to come and help her (45 minutes to an hour). Some aides are very nice and others, not so much. They said that they had doctors who work in the facility and can help work with her there. i told them to let me mom know about it and how it works. We are a month and a half later and they just finally did it yesterday (because my sister and i had to call several times during the day to insist). The quality of caring is nowhere near what I was informed originally. It also took almost a month for them to start her laundry service. She still does not have a proper button pendent that will go off automatically if she falls either.

A great place with care

I toured this community. It was nice and a bigger community. The staff was friendly and answered my questions. The drive would have been further then what I wanted. The cost for the care is a little higher then what I wanted. Over all this is a nice community that has great staff and is very clean for families to enjoy.

Beautiful Community!

I really liked the Brookdale Sugar Land. The community is beautiful and well maintained. The staff is very friendly and answered all of my questions. The tour went smooth. Every room in this place was clean.

Rooms Are Too Small

I went to see this community for a tour. I was shown a room that was extremely small. It was a studio about 300 square feet. We were looking for a bigger apartment.

I would live at Brookdale Sugar Land myself!!!

The community is currently under construction, however it is wonderfully decorated and exceptionally clean. I think the food tastes fine but my sister does not like it. I do not think they are able to accommodate different dietary needs. The staff are helpful, friendly and accommodating. I would recommend this community to family and friends. Everything is well documented and tracked when I visit. She likes to go out on some outings and they try to get her to participate in other activities.

Excellent place for your mother when you want to go on short vacation to get your batteries recharged.

My mother stayed at Brookdale senior living for Respite care for almost 20 days. It was first time she stayed away from home. So she as well as me were not very sure about what to expect from this place. But my mom got a feeling -- ' away from home but still at home' !
My mom got excellent service. Everybody there are very care giving people. My husband and me were on vacation during that time. Our Alaska land and sea cruise became enjoyable, tension free because of them only!

Brookdale Sugar Land Review

My Mom's experience at Brookdale Sugar Land has been nothing short of exceptional. The staff has been nothing but supportive, friendly, easy to work with, stable and has helped make my Mom's transition from living at home to assisted living very easy. The food is great, with menu option at every meal. My Mom is now participating in a daily exercise class, and other activities throughout the week. My Mom just turned 92. Her life changed earlier this year when she fell and broke her hip. Brookdale Sugar Land has been a blessing to me and my Mom, as she has begun to thrive in her new community. I couldn't be happier with our experience.

My Wife's Respite Care Went Well

This was my first time leaving my wife in respite care. I only had one problem with the community and that was my wife's bed. Before we moved in I told the director that my wife needed a medical bed. The bed they did provided was old and did not work. So I had to go and rent one for her. I have my own care givers for my wife, so while I was gone I knew she was getting proper care. Overall everything went well and the director was very helpful. The community was always clean and everyone was very kind. I would recommend this community.

Tami the sales director was awesome.

We looked here, and I really liked it. It was nice, I would have considered going there. Tami the sales director was awesome. She really knows her stuff, she was amazing to work with.

I think it was great.

I think the Brookdale Sugar Land was great. The only issue is that we struggled with getting my grandmothers medication. It didn't get delivered. The staff was wonderful. We couldn't have made this without them. I can't rate the activities because she couldn't participate in them. I did see residents participating in activities every time I walked through the facility. I would recommend Brookdale Sugar Land to anyone.

It's okay so far.

It's okay so far. I haven't had any major complaints at this point. It's pretty clean, and the staff is pretty friendly.

Beautiful Facility!

The place was beautiful! Due to being on a budget could place my sister at this facility not due to any issues with them. I would highly recommend them.

They seem to be doing a pretty good job.

They seem to be doing a pretty good job. We may be running into an issue with medication, but we are working on sorting it out. I am not very comfortable with how little he seems to get activity. Memory care doesn't offer as many activities, and I don't know how much encouragement they are getting to attend the ones they have. I like the people, Karen and Rachel I like them, they are really nice.

I love them! They have been great.

I love them! They have been great. I am very happy with our choice. They felt way more personal than some of the other places we visited. We are there a lot, and everyone we have dealt with on the staff, has just been wonderful. We have even arrived and stood outside the door and listened, when the didn't know we were there, and I am amazed at their patience, they have been great! They have a pretty busy and full calendar. He likes the food a lot, it's one the biggest things for him.

Review of Emeritus at Sugar Land Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Sugar Land, TX

Very calm and serene. Ann was a great guide and a wonderful listener. This place would suit my husband very well

Review of Emeritus at Sugar Land Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Sugar Land, TX

another large facility

Their staff is exceptionally friendly,

Their staff is exceptionally friendly, and the community is clean. Having a little more to offer the gentlemen in terms of activities would be nice, and they are working on getting some more things. Their responsiveness to issues is nice. We needed something last minute over a weekend, they went out of their way to make sure they could get him in over the weekend. The one thing I would like to see or that would be useful is if they had some kind of counseling for family members of residents having difficulty with the transition, who are not happy with being in senior living.

They are great.

They are great. We don't have any complaints so far. I looked at seventeen places, when I was searching and I chose the Emeritus for a few reasons. They have wide halls, they are highly organized. And the food is good, and the price is good.

Seemed a bit old and worn down

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. Overall I was not impressed by this community. There was nothing outright bad about what I saw, but it just didn't seem as well kept or clean. The facility itself just felt older and worn down, compared to others that we saw.

Sam Pollock

We are sorry your tour of our community did not meet your expectations. We would like to address your comments but need more information from you. We invite you to reach out to our community management team to voice your concerns.

Very nice facility. Clean,...

Very nice facility. Clean, well decorated, and staff seemed very caring and concerned about residents. I think my father would have been well cared for there if I had not chosen a newer facility.

Emeritus-Sugar Land-Stately and Caring Residence

Important to have non-restricted resident access to outdoors. Beautiful secure courtyard and nice separate courtyard for memory care residents too. The residents seem happy, well cared for and at peace. Love the nesting birds in the atrium-residents delight in the new births! Daily activities to boost memory, exercise and interface with other residents. Weekly happy hour, Saturday matinee, excursions out on their bus (see the bluebonnets, zoo, dine out) or to Walmart and nearby doctor's appts. Extra costs- On-site full service beauty parlor, telephone, internet and expanded cable. Included-linens washed and a load of laundry weekly, clean rooms, assist with daily tasks, consistent dispensing of medications, 40 Comcast channels, 3 meals, snacks, water stations (with lemons), piano, library (DVD's and books) activity room with vending machines, garden. Family activities planned; 'senior' prom, various denominational services etc. Phone and internet service extra. My mother wanted a single story, modestly configured residence. Many complexes were just too big and impersonal. We wanted her to be safe, consistently well cared for, daily memory enhancing activities and where she can socialize with her peers. This is perfect for her! They were offering a special, when we signed-that her room cost would never go up, for life. Her care level may, as her needs increase- but that is to be expected. We looked at many different assisted living facilities with progressive care, as my mother has Alzheimer's. It was important that she familiarize herself with a residence while she still has some of her marbles, so that if/when she must transition to the memory care wing, she knows the staff and the routines. Having her at Emeritus insures she has round the clock consistent care and that we can focus our time with her doing fun outings. We were so fearful that, with her memory going, she wasn't taking her medicines, bathing, eating, cleaning or living safely. Because of the wonderful staff at this Emeritus and the lovely setting, those fears are now history.

Only assisted living

Only assisted living

When the initial assessment was done they didn't realize...

They seemed to be a nice place and we were set to move in. When the initial assessment was done they didn't realize that they were not going to be able to accommodate our care needs. It seemed like it was a pretty obvious thing that was overlooked though, so that makes me think about what kind of care we would have gotten.

Nice staff, very personable

We've been very pleased with this community so far. It's a nice looking building, and it is very well kept and clean. The staff have all been very friendly, and very personable. They really develop a relationship with the residents and their families, and you can tell they genuinely care about the people they help.

The people at Emeritus were great, the business side of Emeritus was not so great. It left a sour taste in my mouth. It became difficult once the care needs changed. The caretakers were fantastic. The community seemed very clean. If it's the correct facility for you, then it's a good value. They seemed very caring and loving. We were in the memory care side of things, but they always seemed to be up and about doing things.

More Institutional

They seemed nice but more institutional, not as much like a home. My dad likes to go outside and be outdoors and it would have been harder for him to do that the way it's set up.

The Right Choice

My father-in-law is in the memory care unit and he has a roommate. The value is great. We pay for the rent and his care and also for his incontinence supplies. We've been real pleased with the care. The activities are good to. They've had music and they've made cookies, done exercises, and had a field trip.

When i first started checking into things a year ago we looked here and I liked the place but at that time we were trying to figure out how to pay for it. When they heard I was looking again they called and told me why it's so good is that they had a special rate for a year so we just jumped on it. When we moved him in his room wasn't ready but they made that up to us by giving us a discount.

I really like the people there. Every time I go in they're super friendly. If I have a question they work with me to figure it out. My father-in-law wasn't happy when we went but now he looks happier. I think he's made some friends. We're really relieved that we made the right choice.

We actually met with Ann La...

We actually met with Ann Layton, not Rachel. Ann was very professional and highly effective at communicating her desire to see the best option be implemented for the person in need. We trualy appreciated her engaging in the problem solving process with us. She made some key points that really stuck out for us in our analysis of our options, now and in the future should we choose Emeritus. We really were excited about the option she suggested of 'Day Stay.' We didn't see as many residents wandering the halls due to the time of day we toured the community but we saw enough interactions between the staff and residents that we feel there is a good level presence of this. The facility was clean and appealing. The offering at Emeritus seemed in line with our future needs and Ann was very effective at communicating her willingness to work with us has we continued the journey of evaluating our needs and timing. We would definitely keep this community on the list of options for future care of our parents.

They know everyone by name

We've bene real pleased with them, it seems to be real clean, they do a good job keeping it clean. They're really friendly and they know everyone by their first name, they're really attentive to their people which I was really impressed with. The other places I went to they didn't acknowledge them by their first name. I had a little bit of a sticker shock when I went out and started looking but I realized the reason I had such a sticker shock was because I was comparing them to independent livings but really you can't compare the two, they're like apples and oranges. The care seems to be real good, it seems to be fine, one thing I was a little bit disappointed in and it's not just Emeritus, but I was expecting to have one person that I intereacted with and I feel like it would be advantageous in the care giving profession if they used a software system like constant contact where you can be in communication with everybody so the people wanting to find out about their loved ones could go on and see what was happening.

I visited this facility. Very nice. ...

I visited this facility. Very nice. Only two or three African Americans.

Small and personal, rooms clean and r...

Small and personal, rooms clean and really nice showers. Good price and nice staff. Serve food three times a day and have trips to walmart and outings which she would like.

Nice community. Clean and people app...

Nice community. Clean and people appeared to be well taken care of.

Nice facility. Liked that it was a on...

Nice facility. Liked that it was a one story, no elevators. Staff was very friendly. Reminded me somewhat of a hospital layout with the way the rooms were. Rooms were not very big but definitely manageable.

Did not like the too small rooms. No...

Did not like the too small rooms. No complete dividers between rooms.

Sounds nice

Sounds nice

Does not offer a lot of activities. ...

Does not offer a lot of activities. Is more pasive.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.