Landon Ridge at Sugar Land - Sugar Land, TX

Beautiful facility with lots of amenities and activities. My only concern is that it's very large, and may be overwhelming for my Mom, who is from a small town. I'm taking her back with me to look at it, though, because I really like it.

They practice what they preach

This facility has really surprised me and it's more than I expected. There have been a few issues but I am working with the administration to fix these things. I do feel as if the nursing staff is a little on the weaker side. I did have to higher a nurse to be with my parents for half of the day to assist my Father. Other than that, the staff is above average and I am very pleased. I am very impressed with the attitude of all of the staff members. This place is more than just words, they actually practice what they preach. I would recommend this facility. It's one of the better places that I have looked at.

Tour for options

This is a very nice community that we enjoyed on the tour. The staff is caring and attentive to make sure that they are able to answer the questions that are asked from families. We liked the cleanliness of the community. The menu is appealing. They offer a lot of activities for the residents. We would recommend this community for other families to tour for care for a loved one.

Brand new

This community looked beautiful and shiny from the outside and when you first walk in. The person at the front desk however did not seem very welcoming. The person that took us on tour was nice. This community was a little more expensive than what we were looking for. They do charge for additional services as they are needed. The rooms were not very big and it felt like an institution.

Very pleased with facility, services, staff, safety, variety of activities. [Removed] has been very helpful and spent lots of time with me to make sure I was comfortable. My mother will be moving in soon and I'm sure she'll be very excited!

A nice community with care

We did tour this community. We saw a nice menu but we did not try a meal. We did see that they did have good activities. We liked speaking with the staff and getting our questions answered. The community is clean inside and out. We would recommend this for a good value and nice care from very nice staff.

Knowledgeable Tour Guide!

The Sycamores at Sugar Land was a very nice clean community. The building was updated and looked like new. The lady at the front desk was sweet and everyone was welcoming. I was happy with the tour I received from them.

I am very pleased with the community. It is new, only opened 1 1/2 years ago. [Removed] has been very helpful and friendly. Any time I would call to express a need my mom had, [Removed] took care of it very quickly. She has gone above and beyond to make sure all our concerns are alleviated. I also like the way she has time for all the residents at The Sycamores. She never seems too busy to talk to anyone. I have been very pleased with the staff and the care my mom is getting. "Dan the Man" plans activities and makes sure My mom gets to the activities. He is very kind and caring and so sweet to her. This is his "gift". Other staff members to be commended are the dining manager, Christina, who is also concerned about Mom and making sure her needs are met and that she is happy at The Sycamores. Also, [Removed], who provides support for Mom showering and getting her to the dining hall. She is always friendly and has a smile on her face. These staff members truly seem to enjoy their jobs and taking care of these seniors. I have only mentioned a few staff members by name, but most all the staff I have come in contact with have been very friendly and helpful. The Sycamores was recommended to me, and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for assisted living for a loved one.

The Transition

It is going okay for my parents. The community is not making the best meals. My parents have said it's cold at times and is not prepared well and lack variety. Otherwise it is a fairly clean community.

Best fit in Sugar Land

This new facility is very beautiful and accommodating to the needs of your loved one. The staff is very involved with the residents and as they get to know them they adjust their care to suit their needs. They are very kind, polite and respectable and know each resident by name. They cater to their likes and dislikes while always trying to engage them in activities or events.
Their attention to detail in regards to housekeeping and doing the residents laundry is very lacking in spite of repeated reminders and insistence. Their activities program is in its start up stages so they lack a solid structure of engagement of the residents however they show promise of improvement.
Their dining area is beautiful and inviting served in a restaurant type atmosphere. The staff is versatile as caregivers, food servers and doing residents laundry.
I hope as more residents join Sycamore they can hire appropriate staff for each area.
This facility has a base rate for apartments with a service fee for each increment of care needed which can be rather costly for those needing much care.
Overall the facility is very nice for Sugar Land, I am pleased with the care and I hope the other areas will improve as they grow.

We love The Sycamore at Sugar Land

We love The Sycamore at Sugar Land. My mother-in-law cant see very well so that limits what she participates in there. I would like to see them have more activities that she can do. She sits in her room too much. The staff take no for an answer too quickly. Most of the residents sit in their room too much. I would just like to see the staff be a little more persistent with everyone at trying harder to get them involved. I would also like to see the food portions improved, they are too small. She has lost some weight and I am not too happy about that. Overall it has been an excellent experience. We have been really happy with this facility.