Colonial Oaks First Colony - Sugar Land, TX

Low turn over rate of staff

The staff is really strong here. There is a bunch of administration that has over 15 years at the facility. There is also a very low turn over rate. The only problem I have is that the facility is smaller and the room sizes are a lot smaller. It's a really great community and they back up what they promise in the quality of care. I just needed more space for my parents and their nurse. I would recommend this facility under normal circumstances.

An older community

This community looked clean when I visited. I liked that they have divided doors in the apartments so you could open the top and keep the lower half locked. The person that took us on tour was nice. We chose a community that was a newer than this one.

Very nice place!

I think they do a great job at Colonial Oaks! The facility itself is very well kept and clean, and the staff is friendly and very welcoming. My loved one was very apprehensive about moving into a senior community, but they really went out of their way to help her settle in and feel comfortable. She is really enjoying herself now!

We like it so far.

We like it so far. People are friendly. They keep it clean, all the standard stuff. I would give them a four out of five so far. We are pretty happy with it.

[removed]

The staff puts on a show in the beginning but they are some of the most foul I have ever had to endure. My mother complained about how she was treated when we were not around and I just happened to walk upon a staff member being very rough while providing care to another resident. The staff just sits there on the couch on the phone unconcerned while the residents fall. The med team are not knowledgeable at all and Clarissa [removed] about any issue you speak with her about. The language and behavior when they think you're not looking is ridiculous. Very disrespectful med staff. I moved my mother out.

Nice place, no one available over the weekend when we needed them.

This was a nice place, and we liked it. It was clean and lovely, but when it came down to it. The hospital released my loved one over the weekend and we needed to find somewhere for him to go. Colonial Oaks didn't answer the phone, I wasn't able to get in touch with anyone. This is a 24/7 industry, if something happens with a resident, you can't always wait until Monday.

Very nice place!

Things are going very well at Colonial Oaks! It's a very nice looking place, and the staff have all been very friendly and accommodating! Our loved one has settled in well and seems to be enjoying herself. We're also pleased to see that she has been enjoying the food, despite being a somewhat picky eater!

Very nice place!

They're doing a great job here! The staff are professional and friendly, and they keep the facility clean as a whistle! Everyone has been very accommodating helping our loved one settle in after the move. The care is great, and it looks like they've got a good amount of activities (although our loved one doesn't participate).

Kimberly was very professio...

Kimberly was very professional and helpful and conveyed very effectively the personalized care for the residence. Her presentation was very thorough and actually helped us understand the different levels of care (assisted living vs nursing home) and associated state regulations. We were impressed by the cleanliness of the facility. Quite evident as we walked through the tour was the personal relationship between staff and residents. After we left Colonital Oaks we ran into a relative who has a friend whose mother was at Colonial Oaks for a number of years and who was very satisfied with the care there. We would definitely keep this community on the list of options for future care of our parents.