Overland Park Place - Overland Park, KS

This is a nice place but it just didn't feel like it could be home to me.

Five Star Reviews

I am the Executive Director and our goal is for everyone to experience our warmth and hospitality. I would be delighted to arrange for you to visit with some of our residents so they can share their insights about their home at our community. Please call or stop by -- I am eager to have a conversation with you.

Mom Loves The Meals

So far the experience is going pretty well for my mother with her move to this community. The only issue we have had is with the in house care services they provide. They need to be better with their communication with us. Other than that issue everything else is going well. We do feel she is safe, and in good hands. The staff is good, and they are taking good care of her. The community is well-kept, her room, and the facility are nice, and clean. She loves the meals, and they offer nice activities for the residents. The experience is going well, and I would recommend this community.

The Tour

I needed a good price for 2 bedrooms with the option to get some exercises in with the community. I wanted a simple community for my pet and I. I enjoyed the lunch with them but they did not have a room available for the first floor.

There Are So Much Activities

They are doing everything they are suppose to for my mom who is not too happy to be here but I could not ask for a better community. There is a salon where she gets her hair done weekly. She is trying some activities and playing bingo. They have concerts for the residents. The food is excellent, I have ate with her when we toured. The staff try hard for the residents.

A good tour

This looked like a nice clean community when I visited. The people were nice and helpful. This community offers daily activities. The community I chose offered a little more food options.

The staff was nice very informative. They are in the process of remodeling the faculty which will look very nice and welcoming. The apts were a good size also.

Excellent Home for Mom

Excellent, clean, personable, activities, great food served to residents

Very Happy

We toured 8 senior living options in Overland Park and by far Overland Park Place was heads above the rest. It was clean, smelled nice, the residents seemed happy, the staff was friendly and supportive ... all wonderful. We moved my father in law in and have been so pleased with everything. Maintenance even came and spent a couple of hours with us hanging pictures, mirrors, etc. we are very happy with this decision.

Mom Is Enjoying the Socialization

After talking with [Removed] and hearing what she liked about what they offered, and, at the time they had a special, my mother-in-law decided to move in. The strong Catholic community was a bonus for her also. She is pleased with the many activities. While it was difficult for her in the beginning, the staff and residents went out of their way to talk to her and make her feel comfortable. She likes the selection and flavor of her meals. Her apartment looks nice every time we visit her, no complaints with housekeeping.

Wonderful Home

This is a wonderful place.
-The residents seem happy
-interaction between staff and residents is wonderful
-when we needed maintenance they came quickly and took care of our needs
-the dining room staff are cheerful and nice
-lots of activities and programs
-financially very reasonable
-onsite beauty parlor, physical therapy, additional care help if needed, and much more
-we like the availability of being able to add more care al la cart if needed
-the building is well planned where there are no long walks
-my husband and I looked at many places for my father in law and this was hands down the best for the money!

Best place!

We are very pleased with this community and the staff. They have been great with grandma. The food is good and grandma likes it. If there is something that she does not like they are always willing to tailor it to what she does want.

Food is Excellent!!

I have really enjoyed my dinning experience,my needs have been more than met when it comes to the food it is absolutely excellent. They have great activities on campus including my favorite one the singing group. I would defiantly recommend this community to a family member or a friend.

Attentive Staff!!

The staff have been doing good communicating with me. Their attentive services are great they are also very friendly. Meals so far have been okay the taste and portions are good. There are activities that are offered as well for the residents if they would like to participate in them. Most importantly, i feel that i am in a safe place that is maintained very clean and has wonderful staff.

Friendly Staff!!

The communication with the staff is good they are always available. The community is kept clean. One of the things that i like about this place is the positive atmosphere. Everyone is really friendly. Activities are offered on site and my mother is hoping to get into the exercise classes. She loves the parties and the music they play from the 40-60's. The Meals are great and they have a way of making the residents feel very Independent vs feeling like it's an institution.

A Good Tour

We did enjoy the tour I had. The staff and residents seemed happy. We were offered a complimentary meal. It did taste good and the guide ate and sat with us. She took her time showing us the place and helped us with the financial part to see if we can afford the care.

Excited!!!

A lady from my church now lives there and she loves it! It has improved her outlook, her strength, her loneliness, her memory. I am very impressed!!! She is loving meeting all the new people and loves that they are so friendly. She is actually going to exercise class every morning and ready to do some other activities!! What a total blessing!!!!

We have been happy with them so far.

It's been just fine. We have been happy with them so far. We liked the price and size of the apartment. The people were very nice. I think the food is just fine, and they get enough alternatives.

The apartments are really nice. They are spacious and well planned.

The apartments are really nice. They are spacious and well planned. They are more than adequate. The food is okay. The staff people are real good. The guy in charge of the front desk is excellent. They offer activities such as exercise and entertainment. I would recommend the Overland Park to anyone. The facility is very clean. The value is excellent. It's a really nice community. Everyone is really nice.

Outstanding

My experience with the Overland Park has been excellent. It is outstanding. It's very clean and the staff has been great. Everything has been going great. This facility is just outstanding.

Not an option. Was not crazy about the staff. Didn't see many residents around. Seemed dark.

Five Star Reviews

I am the Executive Director and I encourage you to reach out to me regarding your comments. We offer a full complement of social events, recreational programs, and off campus outings. These events can be viewed on the News section of our website at www.OverlandParkPlace.com. In addition, Overland Park Place is working with our corporate team and architects regarding an upcoming renovation. Thank you so much for your consideration, Madeleine Klusman.

Peace of mind for your parent(s) and YOU!

I just recently moved my 86-year-old mother into OPP from my childhood house - she had lived there 57 years! It was a very hard experience for her to give up her home but she just couldn't keep it up any longer. The OPP staff have made her transition from a huge ranch home into a 2-bedroom apartment very positive and pleasant! Even the residents have embraced my mother with open arms, always talking with her, involving her in the activities planned and helping her feel accepted and important. OPP has an Ambassador program that pairs the newcomer with an established resident, who assists them their first week there, showing them around, making sure they get to their correct meal sittings, answering all questions, etc. It's such a relief for me, being out of state, to know that I can call any of the staff there at any time to ask them to assist her, o r check in with her if I can't reach her by phone. This is an older retirement community, celebrating 30 years in Overland Park, but it is centrally-located, has great services, and is professionally operated.

I am very happy with them.

I am very happy with them. I have two people here now, and they are both very happy. It's clean and the staff is friendly, the food is very good. I don't have any complaints or concerns. It's a great place.

Two star senior living at five star costs

One of only two elevators has been broken down for over a month forcing everyone to walk around to the only working elevator, which is overloaded, and causing long waits. Maintaince is almost none existant. You will find holes cut out of wall paper and sheetrock for various repairs and the cut portion put back in place with no attempt at proper repair. The dinning room has a wall in the north west corner covered with black mold on the outside ane the repair was to only plaster over it not to replace it. Then there is the the meals, if you like food that is not propely cooked, or over cooked and is lower quality than any fast food place that you can think of, this is the place for you!

Five Star Reviews

I am the Executive Director and would like to address your concerns. Please contact me so that we can have a conversation. One of our elevators did lose a motor on June 30th. The repair has been completed, and we are awaiting inspection by the city of Overland Park. While we would like to place the elevator back into use, we need to adhere to city regulations and to be mindful of the safety of our residents. We have some areas in the hallways that have required repair, and we cannot match the wallpaper, so we blend the repairs into the existing décor. The good news is that Overland Park Place is working with our corporate team and architects regarding an upcoming renovation. I do want to assure you that we did not find any mold when repairing the dining room wall. We receive many compliments on our food, and we have many processes in place to maintain the quality of our Food & Dining program. I trust that you are attending the food committee meetings. We want our residents to enjoy their meals, and we work to accommodate individual tastes. Again, please come see me so we can collaborate to achieve your satisfaction. Thank you so much for your consideration.

Madeline Klusman
Executive Director
Overland Park Place

I think they are pretty good but she isn't happy there.

I think they are pretty good but she isn't happy there. The weekend we came we didn't get an ambassador assigned to us. The meals were kind of a problem for us, you can't just pay for the ones you want the meals are all included. It's clean and they are friendly, they have a lot of activities, though, I think they aren't as active as they thought they were.

Five Star Reviews

I am the Executive Director and I encourage you to reach out to me regarding your comments. Sometimes residents have some difficulty making the adjustment to senior living. We are here to smooth the transition. We want to hear them say, “I wish that I had moved here years ago!” Our Resident Ambassadors are dedicated to helping new residents meet new friends, feel comfortable and begin to enjoy life at our community. I apologize that your Ambassador was not in place for your 1st weekend and trust that your Ambassador is involved now. We are very proud of our Food & Dining program and that all three meals are included in the monthly rent while most senior living communities include only two meals a day. Our Program Director meets with the residents on a regular basis to get their input on the activities and entertainers that they would like to see on the calendar- our intention is to offer a full complement of social events, recreational programs and off campus outings. She and I would both be delighted to meet with you to find out what activities would be more interesting to your loved one. Again, please contact me so we can make sure that the Resident Ambassador is involved, get your insights on activities and devote ourselves to creating the enjoyable lifestyle that you have in mind.

Sincerely,

Madeleine Klusman
Executive Director
Overland Park Place

My Mom Is At The Perfect Place

My mother is very happy & doing so well at Overland Park Place. She is going to exercise class , playing Bingo, Cards, does not miss any of the entertainment that they bring in from speakers on health to music. The food is great because there are choices for breakfast , lunch and dinner. The food is very good and the portions are sized for the older adult. My mother says she is at the perfect place for her. My sister and I go see Mom no less than 4 x a week.
It is always clean and the people are happy.

So-So

I moved my dad into this facility in March 2014. The location is great! The facility is well cared for, and my dad's apartment was freshly painted with new carpet. They have a lot of fun activities for the residents to attend.

The only downside is that the food isn't very good. Unfortunately, this was a main reason that I moved my dad in.

Some of the staff is very kind of friendly…others are not.

Five Star Reviews

“We are delighted that your father enjoys all of the recreational activities, his apartment and the lifestyle at Overland Park Place. We know that the food and dining experience is so important to our residents and their families. This is the reason we have the monthly Food Committee meetings with our residents and our Food & Beverage Director. Please contact me and we can talk about what your father finds tasty and what he would like to see on the menu.”

-Madeleine Klusman, Executive Director

Bev was so very nice and at...

Bev was so very nice and attentive! We enjoyed spending time with her and you could really feel her passion for the facilities. Seh greeted guests and was very knowledgeable. The public portions of the facilities looked aged/dated but the individual unit we saw was updated nicely. I believe this would not be a good fit though for my mother as we felt the age range was a little much for her.

Great!

She is perfectly happy. Always has activities going on, playing bingo and things like that. She really likes the food. She is on the first floor in the assisted living. It's great!

Indepndent Living - Great Food

It's independent living and it was fine but I have to stress the independent living. The food actually was remarkable. It was very good!

Welcome to Overland Park Place, a Five Star Quality Care Senior Living community located in the heart of Overland Park.

Conveniently located near shopping, medical facilities and other attractions, Overland Park Place offers a carefree, casual lifestyle dedicated to the beauty of choice. Our many services include three restaurant-style meals daily that cater to residents’ preferences, 24-hour on-site management, daily courtesy checks, emergency 2-way intercoms, personal laundry facilities, weekly housekeeping and linen services, scheduled transportation and a full calendar of social activities.

Each of our large 1 or 2 bedroom apartments has easy access to elevators and all community areas, and all the two-bedroom apartments feature private balconies.

We invite special entertainers to perform in our atrium-style lobby two to three times a week, and encourage attendance to themed Family Night celebrations several times a year. We also offer diverse spiritual services, bingo, game nights, and other unique programs such as our Ambassador's Club, the Shining Star Chorus, Red Hat Society Club, Book Club and special interst groups such as our Teacher's Club.

At Overland Park Place, you can enjoy your independence when you want it and receive assistance when you need it, thanks to home health services on site and Five Star Rehabilitation on site as well.

We offer a warm welcoming environment that helps you live to the fullest. At Overland Park Place, a hassle-free life is what we are all about!