I met with [Removed] and enjoyed our conversation as well as the tour. The appointment lasted 2 hours; a little longer than I expected. I was never rushed. All of my questions were answered. If the room assigned to the resident is as well kept as the rooms shown, it would be a wonderful transition. [Removed] (office manager),and the administrator know all their residents, first name basis as well as their favorite activity. Other employees stop in the hall to greet and ask the well being of resident in the area. The location is grand, secure, not hilly, and within walking distance of many shops, community center and trails. Prices just recently increased. 1 bd/1ba =$2135 up to 2bd/2ba= $3695. I looked at a 1.5 bd/1.5 ba for$3075. The next smaller is $2700 which they only have 4 making getting it more difficult. So for now it is out of my budget.

Great place!!

I have lived at Welstone for 6 months. I am very happy here. The amenities are great. It's close to retail, grocery (although they'll deliver for free) and the staff is outstanding. They have a chef and the food is good. The activities director does a really good job of planning lots of different things for residents to do. All of the staff are very caring and concerned about the residents satisfaction.

But one of my favorite thing is the sense of community we have here. This is my first experience with retirement/independent living and I've made a lot of friends here. Everyone is really nice and friendly. Always willing to help each other out. It's a great place!!

Very patient and outgoing staff

My mother is here and I think it’s going pretty well. The transition has been good and the people there at the facility are just awesome. They’ve been very responsive and patient and really, really helpful. I don’t really have anything bad to say about then. It’s very clear that everyone works hard to make sure it’s happy and comfortable and everyone seems to be pretty upbeat. The stigma of moving into a senior place was weighing on my mom’s mind at first but I think she’s very comfortable now. They have this neat thing when you go down for lunch or dinner where they’ll seat you and then whoever comes in next gets seated at your table as well so they work hard to try and get everyone to socialize with new people. So far she’s enjoyed the food that they serve and she’s a pretty picky person. They have weekly outings to different places like the museum or out to a movie, they had a pumpkin carving contest that the other residents judged, there are groups of people that play cards or board games, watch videos, and there’s just a lot to do. The facility is kept very clean and it’s a pretty new building so that was nice when we went in to see it because everything was new and clean. They keep everything clean, like the common areas, and part of the move in package is that someone will come in every 2 weeks to clean the apartment. They have a service where they’ll do your linens too but they have a washer and dryer in the unit if you want to do it yourself. The price you pay includes the rent, all utilities, a continental breakfast and either lunch or dinner (you could have both but one of them would be charged and I think it’s only $6). It also includes any transportation and the housekeeping service. Overall I would recommend them.

Tour Was Pleasant One

I had a nice tour of this community. Everyone was kind to my family, and I. The community looked nice. The staff we met was kind, and friendly. The location was not a convenient one for myself, but my tour went well overall.

[Removed] was very nice to work with. However this community does not offer enough assistance for our needs and the setting is to metropolitan for my parents.

The Place I Picked Out

After meeting with different communities I decided to pick this one. It had the room and bathroom that I was looking for. They fit the small budget I balanced for myself with some fitness for me to do. It is simple for me and I see myself being happy here.

Small rooms. Everything else was very nice. Liked the idea of having my own washer and dryer.

Our visit

This community was nice on the inside and the people we met were friendly. This community is in the middle of a parking lot so there were no grounds to enjoy. They did seem to offer some nice activities. This community would not work for us as we were looking for something with nice grounds.

At Home Here

I moved to Welstone here in Mission, Ks. September 1, 1916 after leaving my home of many years in California. Being completely new to the area as well as Senior living this was quite an adjustment but before I even arrived the staff was very patient and helpful n helping me decided what to bring with me and what I could expect.

Once I arrived very tired and stressed, they helped me with the move-in a and then helped me make friends with everyone. I was immediately involved with their many activities and off site activities. The staff is wonderful from the front office to the Chef to the activities director to the fitness guru!

No, I am not home sick for California (Just the many wonderful friend and family I left behind). This is my home now and for many years ahead! I could not be happier.

[Removed]

A nice community

I liked the staff I met at this community they were friendly. The community looked clean and they offer some nice amenities. This community does not offer three meals a day.

I loved the building it is only a year old. There were a lot of senior citizens enjoying a live country band when we went on our tour. Everything was clean and the staff were all very nice. The one problem we have is the 1 bedrooms are very small compared to other places we have seen but I still like what I saw

Going well so far

I'm still adjusting and unpacking but things are going well. I try to join in activities when I have the time. I would definitely recommend this community to someone who was considering this lifestyle.

Wonderful Community

I'am doing wonderful with my move to this community. It is a great facility with kind people. The staff is awesome. They are very polite, and helpful when needed. I do feel comfortable, and in good hands at this community. Everything is working out very well, and I would recommend this community.

Thank you Welstone!

They made it an easy decision with low entry hurdles and pricing that is responsible. The facility is perfect for us but it is the general overall feeling of support, kindness, and professional caring of the staff and other residents that earns The Welstone my rating and vote of approval. I would give 5 stars but it's a personal matter with ratings to never give a perfect score. Nothing is perfect right?

The Welstone will always be my home

I have lived in Mission since [Removed] and was one of the first residents to move into The Welstone. I visited various other communities with my daughter, and found The Welstone fit our needs the best and was right where I wanted to be – in Misison. My apartment suits my needs very well – I have exactly what I had at home, but I don’t have the yard work, upkeep of a home, etc that I had before. This is a time in life to sit back and relax and enjoy all The Welstone has to offer.

The food here is excellent. We have many menus to choose from. We also have a daily special. We have a beautiful dining room which accommodates all of our residents very well. We have a chef who has experience in fine hotels and it really shows.

The staff is very cordial and ready to answer any questions we have. They are available any time of the day. The housekeeping and maintenance department are the most accommodating I have seen.

I am so happy I made this decision, and The Welstone will always be my home.

Great tour !!

I really enjoyed our tour, the community was beautiful with lots of great features. I would have liked it if they had more than one elevator and more walker friendly hallways.

Friendly Staff!!

The Welstone is a very good Retirement Community. My apartment is very nice. They have wonderful staff that are very friendly with everyone in the community. I really look forward to the activities that are offered i get to interact with other residents. The food could be a little better. It is a safe community to reside in. It's very neat and organized.

A nice place to live.

This is a excellent community senior living. The food has gotten better since I first got there. The staff is excellent and caring. They are working on improving the grounds each day. The rooms are cleaned nicely. I would recommend this location to others, but the elevators seem to be too far since my room is a little distance away.