Seasons at Southpoint - Durham, NC

A caring place

My wife has been at Seasons for about 2-1/2 years. I have been very happy with the care she has received, as it has appropriately changed to meet her needs as her disease has progressed. All of the staff are extremely caring and friendly. They coordinate well with the Doctors Making Housecalls and Hospice staff in providing care. The facility is clean and bright and inviting.

Not a bad place

This community was clean and the salesperson was wonderful. I had another loved one living here and the people I worked with were kind and exceptional. This community does not accept medicaid. I just got a better vibe from the community we chose for my dad.

Very Accomidating

Beautiful and clean community, also a great location off of HWY 40. Very accessible to visit Dad who is settling in quite well at the Season at Southpoint. The front office staff is just phenomenal. They are welcoming and accommodating. The caregivers are friendly and caring. I really appreciate that most of the staff try to allow the residents to keep their independence and let them accomplishment things on their own if they are able. They offer activities, my dad enjoys golf putting. Dining is a good affair, the food looks great, they have a great cook. Dad enjoys the food and comraderie while dining with friends he has made so far. The place is very clean and well maintained.

We spent four months seeking the right facility for our aunt. It's a very overwhelming experience with many advertisements on the web & each facility making claims of the best care. Seasons impressed us as a result of the friendliness & empathy of the staff. They were not simply focused on "filling a bed". They were clearly concerned with ensuring that Seasons was the best fit for our aunt. We researched each facility via online reports from state and county inspections. Seasons has been a five star facility for eight years with no demerits...This kind of record is almost impossible to find. Our aunt entered Seasons in July 2016. We have been delighted at her adjustment to the environment. Everyone from maintenance and housekeeping to nurses and management have gone out of their way to get to know our aunt and help her adjust. This is obvious by the way our aunt reacts to the staff often getting and giving hugs with a big smile.. Staff all greet her by name & clearly care about her. Most impressive is the fact that Season's actually does customize activities for individual residents based on their needs & abilities. Our aunt is a retired hairdresser & the Activity Director came up with the idea to provide her with wigs to style which she loves! The director, [Removed], is very hands on. In spite of a busy schedule, he has an open door policy and every conversation we have had with him has provided us with knowledge, answers to questions and tips for helping our aunt. He has a natural ability to make residents & families feel comfortable. In all the other facilities that we toured, there was an obvious separation and lack of communication between staff and management. During these tours, staff would sometimes speak off the record & tell us how much they loved working with patients but that poor management had caused a high staff turnover. This isn't the case at Seasons. All staff has been handpicked via various stages of interviewing which includes feedback from other staff members. They are held to high standards and are there for more than just a paycheck.
We've been where you are--desperate to find a place with whom we can entrust the life of our loved one. We consider ourselves fortunate to have found Seasons. We can sleep soundly now without the constant stress and worry about the quality of life of our aunt.

Thanks to Seasons

After visiting many memory care facilities in the Triangle area, Seasons was at the top of my list. I am so fortunate that my family member has been able to live there for the past 2 years. The staff, at every level, is caring. Those of us who have had experience caring for someone with memory issues know that it is often a thankless task. I just want to say a huge THANK YOU to the staff of Seasons for all they do every day.

Glad and grateful I found Seasons at Southpoint

I feel so fortunate that I chose Seasons for my loved one, who has been suffering from a range of dementia-type challenges, as well as from enough physical deterioration to require a great deal of personal care.

What makes Seasons so comforting and reassuring is the personal and individualized attention the staff puts into my loved one's care. In particular, I credit the manager (who also works hands-on with the patients) with careful and perceptive hiring. It is not every health care-giver who can endure the often-thankless task of caring for terminal patients--much less dementia patients, who often respond to care with anger, or who refuse to be comforted. And it is not every boss who recognizes those special care-givers and can maintain a quality staff.

The building and its small garden courtyard are clean, roomy, airy, and filled with light and with sights and sounds designed to make patients feel at home and bring them moments of joy.

Special praise is due the activities staff, who work overtime to deliver daily, individualized, personalized stimulation to each patient.

In addition, every one of my concerns is taken seriously. Even the small frustrations common to senior care centers (e.g., garments going missing in the wash), are always cheerfully and quickly dealt with.

Our family was immediately welcomed i...

Our family was immediately welcomed into this community. We are finding the staff to be very helpful and accommodating. One of the most helpful attributes is the availability of other family members to talk with and find support. The executive director had made himself available at any time we've needed. We were most impressed with his willingness to take the initiative to learn of my father's special healthcare needs and provide his staff with appropriate and adequate training.
Our first week was of course difficult, yet it was made easier by the staff's understanding of our anxiety and their ever-present patience with our frequent questions, visits and phone calls.
As we continue to transition and become accustomed to our new "Home" for Dad we are appreciative of the staff's concerns for our well-being and for providing a safe and comfortable place for our Dad.

Great Place to Live at Southpoint

My Step-Mom has been at the Seasons for 6 months now. She was located at another residence which was also good, but her condition has deteriorated. The Seasons has been able to help her gain her weight back, walk without a walker or wheelchair an made her happier than ever. She has even been pulled off Hospice.

I thoroughly enjoy all the staff members that take care of my step mom and know that they are truly blessed. All the residents seem to be happy and enjoying all their activities at the Seasons at Southpoint.

Nice place.

Nice place.

Seasons at Southpoint, recently acquired by Five Star Senior Living, opened in July, 2008 as the Triangle's newest memory care community. Our community is specifically designed to meet the needs of our residents. Seasons accomodates residents not only with Alzheimer's and Vascular Dementia, but also more complex cases such as Lewy Body Dementia, Frontal Temporal Lobe Dementia and Parkinson's Dementia.

Seasons is filled with activities and programs to enrich the lives of our residents. Life Stations allow residents to enjoy the familiar pleasures in life that make them feel valued including everyday activities like sorting mail, passing out snacks, dancing, and folding laundry.

Memory Boxes are placed outside residents' rooms as a reminder of special events in their lives and the people who love them.

Seasons' common areas such as dining rooms, sun rooms, courtyards and living rooms allow residents to interact at various levels.