Brookdale Meadowmont - Chapel Hill, NC

Brookdale Meadowmont - Chapel Hill, NC has yet not published prices.

This was a very nice facility. Total number of residents is 45. Had more of a Bed and Breakfast feel. Nice common areas. Very limited outdoor space. There is a very nice, but small front porch. There is a back patio area which is also the smoking area. It has potential. It would be better with a little fountain and more landscaping. All residents were happy. Many previous professors, doctors, and professionals. Lots of activities. 5 room options. No pricing was available to me when I visited. I will wait for someone to get back to me next week. Several residents and staff said that the food was very good.

Perfect Fit For Them

My parents loved it so much they are moving here on a permanent basis. It's a smaller community than others we had looked at but very nice. The sales person was so helpful and kind when needed he will help other others departments or residents when in need. The staff overall is nice and friendly. They really liked the food . We would recommend this community to anyone.

Settling in well

My mom is settling in very nicely, the staff has been great with her and she is starting to take part in the activites and enjoys going to the dining room with the other residents. She even likes the food.

Very Pleased!!

The move to this community has been a great experience for my grandmother. The place is kept yes very clean. She is looking like she might need memory care soon, but the community has offered to save her a spot in their memory care. Their memory care unit is very nice. So far, they are doing a good job in keeping her safe. I like the fact that the community its small, it's not an overwhelming community. The apartment she is in is small but comfortable. From what I've heard, the meals are great. They have activities daily and she has been going to most of them.

Nice front porch!

The staff has been great here. The community I do like I just think that it is a little outdated. However, it is kept clean and neat. They have a lovely front porch as well that I like. The food is good not exceptional, but I would like to see that they have a menu for diabetics to be able to eat healthier.

A Nice Tour

This place was not as close for the family. There was a good interaction between the staff and residents. I was more interested in what they have to offer.They have activities available. My tour went good and got all the information needed.

We'd have some concerns with the community. We need a higher level of care than the community has been able to provide thus far, but as an assisted living community, this place would be great. My mom and family have said the food is good. It's a bit on the expensive side, but it is very well kept.

I can't say I'd recommend.

My Dad was very well taken care of for the short time he was there. The staff were nice and friendly but there were some things that I did not like. Brookdale really dropped the ball on a few things and did nothing to rectify the problem besides apologize. I hate to say it but an apology is not going to fix the emergency pull cords in my Dad's place and it is completely unacceptable for them to be there and only one of the three actually worked. I hate that it didn't work out but I can't say I'd recommend them given the circumstances.

Brookdale Senior Living

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us feedback from your experience. We have passed your feedback along to our regional operations team for review.

A very good option for my disabled mother

I relocated my 87-yr-old mother to Carolina House after the facility where she had lived for almost 5 years told me that she could no longer be cared for in that facility due to her increasing disability related to Parkinson's Disease. After touring a number of other assisted living options, I selected CH Chapel Hill because the staff assured me that my mother's level of disability should not be an issue for them to handle. As an added bonus, CH was less expensive than my mother's previous AL because we were able to select a Companion Suite, which was really all the space she needs at this point in her life. The staff at CH have handled my mother's needs very well. They do seem to be unfazed by her disability and do a good job at getting her out of bed and involved in activities. Also there is a geriatric nail care service available, which is a wonderful benefit. And a hairdresser comes to her and washes and styles her hair and cuts it too. Change is never easy, especially for the elderly, but I believe that I made the best choice for my mother. Parking at CH can be challenging but I have found a space each time I needed one. Staff seem hard working and willing to help. Meals seem to be OK although, like her previous AL, she seems to sometimes get meat that she cannot chew ( she really needs softer protein sources like meatloaf or fish). Overall, i am happy with this facility.

Carolina House of Chapel Hill:I'm v...

Carolina House of Chapel Hill:
I'm very pleased with the staff. Staff is very nice, helpful, and engaging. They care about the well being of the residents. They have been very complimentary to my mom. The facility is very nice, and the room as well. They were very accommodating and provided us with furniture in our difficult situation. The business manager was always available for my questions. My mom has been happy with the accommodations, and activities they offer. I would recommend Carolina House to other families.

Loving and Knowledgeable and Just like Home

My mom has been living at the Carolina House since July 2013. I can not say enough about the personalized care she has had since she has been there. When she arrived, she was in trauma. My dad had just passed, she left her lovely home in Virginia and she had beginning stages of dementia. We started out at Carillon in Durham. It was a disaster and my mom began to decline quickly. Knowing that she was not receiving the individualized care she needed, we began looking around. Carolina House was the answer to our prayers. The intense support she had when she first arrived, the love and personal attention she felt from every single staff member, the activities, the meals and the connection we had with supervisors and nurses/therapists were just some of the highlights that I will mention. Little by little my mom began to adjust to her new life and now is thriving in the community. She has friends and family visits often. What is most significant about the Carolina House that I can say is that this is like home. When I visit, I don't feel like a stranger. I also just feel comfortable like I am visiting my mom at home. There are not a lot of airs and fancy outward appearances (with little substance behind them...beware of that). This is not about how someone "sells" you something. This place is just real good, everyday normal living where normal is extraordinarily comforting and loving. Also, just to say the med tech staff is very knowledgeable. Medication rounds run like clockwork at CH. At the other facility we were at, it seemed like it was a major complicated event every single time!! I was not even sure my mom was getting her correct meds there because honestly she was just a name on a card in a numbered room. That is not Carolina House for sure. We are thankful to all those at the CH!!!

My mother liked this facili...

My mother liked this facility most on our tour of 'next step' options. All the necessities seemed in close proximity. They had a folksy, non-institutional aura. It was her top choice of the five we visited.

Brookdale Meadowmont provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale’s signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Our residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

At Carolina House, we promise Respect for Individual Preferences and offer personalized care needs in an atmosphere that encourages each resident to live in health and longevity. Carolina House provides a comfortable lifestyle, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs and care. Our residents enjoy life with any support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Our community is dedicated to enriching the lives of our residents every day with signature services to those who value their freedom and independence.