Phoenix Assisted Care - Cary, NC

Very good facility, very clean but rooms a little small and somewhat dark. Wonderful staff; very knowledgeable, caring and passionate about their work. Great roster of activities. Location in Cary perfect for us. All inclusive rate is a big plus.

Clean Place and Caring Staff

We moved my father into Phoenix Assisted Care after having him in another facility that was awful. While Phoenix a little outdated, and it’s not very large or fancy, it is so clean and nicely decorated. The staff is so helpful and attentive, and my father is so much better taken care of here than where he was. I find that Phoenix Assisted is refreshing because even though it isn’t big or new, the people there still really make an effort to keep the place clean, keep the residents so happy and comfortable, and they really try to make it feel more like home. I would recommend Phoenix to others looking for a more cost effective and truly caring experience for their loved one.

Clean, caring and affordable. Nothing fancy but checks all the important boxes.

My Thought Of The Tour

We liked this community when we visited. They accept motorized wheelchairs and the community seemed clean. The people we met were nice unfortunately they did not have an available apartment when we were ready to make the move.

A positive experience!

My mother is doing very well at the Phoenix Assisted Care. The place is clean and well maintained. When we first moved in, she was in a shared room but has now moved into a private room. The meals they provide are very good.

Hospital stay!

The people were nice that gave us the tour. The only thing is that it felt like a hospital and looked more industrial. We wanted a home like feel for my parents, but the feel that we got was just the opposite.

Everything is going great!!

The staff at this community have been great to my mother. They are very friendly and we have had no problems. I like that the place is close to my home, so I can visit her more often. The meals are good and from what I've seen, they are nutritious and in good portions. My mother is in a semi-private room which she is comfortable in. They have a large variety of activities available at all times.

Short Stay, But They Provided Good Care to Husband

My husband was at this community for a short time. Even though we had a short experience, it was a good one. He wasn't very fond of the residents, but he enjoyed the staff. He said they provided him with good care. The staff was very friendly and caring. We had a short stay at this community,but my husband was cared for well here.

Good Community, Kind Staff

This is a good community, and our tour went very well. The staff was kind and friendly. Everyone we met was very nice and courteous. From what I saw they do a good with cleanliness of the facility. They were very nice to my family and I. Our tour was a good experience.

Spoke with the activities director as Donna was out helping with people in facilities affected by Hurricane Matthew. Facility is older, but clean. Activities offered are great, as I got a lot of info directly from the activities director. Two levels of care: assisted and memory. Devotional services on site.

Nice Facility and Friendly Staff

I am very glad my mother in law is at Phoenix the staff is always so friendly and willing to assist. The Director (Donna) has always been pleasant and always available if I need to speak with her even if I just drop in unexpected. My mother in law seems to enjoy the facility and always speaks highly of the staff and food served. I would recommend to anyone inquiring about an Assisted Living facility.

A great comfort

I am so happy and comforted knowing that my mom is at Phoenix. The facility is always clean and the staff is extremely professional and caring. Mom is in the Memory Care unit there where she is engaged, clean, fully dressed every day and happy. There are many activities planned for the residences. Donna (Mgr) has done a wonderful job in terms of the overall facility and staff, I am very grateful and would recommend Phoenix for anyone wanting a great elderly care residence.

Mom Is In Good Hands

My mother is doing alright at this community. I'am satisfied with everything they have done for us. It is a nice looking community. Her room and the facility is very nice and clean. The staff have been very good, they are very nice and helpful. There activities for the residents to participate in when they are ready. I know she is in good hands. I'am confident about the care she is receiving. This is a community I would recommend.

My mother is a resident here and has been for a few years now. Management has changed and has since gone down the toilet. The facility is never clean, the residents cant eat their meals regularly due to the food being burned, under cooked or just gross, staff has a constant attitude when asked to get my mom ready to go out even when given advanced notice. Also she is not changed regularly and has a rash on her bottom. When I pointed this out to the administrator, she simply shrugged. I had to email CORPORATE for anyone to properly take care of my mother. The building constantly smells like urine and feces. Activities are listed on the calendar but non-existent, upon asking staff they simply shrugged and said that they only did patient care not activities. I definitely do not recommend this facility.

Excellent care!

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at Phoenix Assisted Care! It's just been a great fit for my loved one! The facility itself is very clean and well kept, and the care they provide is exceptional. They're very upfront about being a "no frills" facility that focuses on care and comfort, and that is exactly what my loved one needed. She was at a much "fancier" place before this, but never used any of the amenities she was paying for. They don't have a pool or a movie theater here, but what they do have is great care, great food, friendly people, and at a great price.

Be aware, this place offers NO TV channels to the residents! Not even an antenna to see local channels! Every motel or dump has cable in their rooms, not this place, and what else is most important for someone like the elderly to keep busy with? They must pay for cable, each room! And most everyone can't as no one helps them! Sad sad sad
It's a shame!

I actually visited this facility when...

I actually visited this facility when we were looking for a place for my mother-in-law. I wasn't terribly impressed as there was a strong odor as soon as I walked in the front door. However, I will visit them again since that was some time ago.

Our management team, a family business, has over 20 years in Long Term Care. Our family values carry over to our staff and residents, providing a comfortable and encouraging environment.

Our interdisciplinary care team is made up of a nurse, activity coordinator, the resident's physician, the resident's direct care staff and the Administrator. We form a personalized plan for each resident and their family. Our only goal is to improve each resident's functioning and quality of life.

We have recently redecorated our entire building in bright, cheery colors to enhance our home like atmosphere.