Brookdale Chapel Hill Memory Care - Chapel Hill, NC

Brookdale Chapel Hill Memory Care - Chapel Hill, NC has yet not published prices.

This is my favorite residence so far. They have 5 different room options to choose from. They charge a custom rate for what mom needs. In other words, they don't charge a Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3 flat rate. Nice outdoor spaces. Beautiful front porch and back patio. Landscaped nicely. Other people living there seemed happy. Many people there are ex-professors, ex-professionals. Mix of locals and people from out of state. Staff seemed friendly and attentive. Culture felt good. They have 6 separate smaller dining rooms and people are grouped based on their conversational/intellectual level/interests. Seems like a very healthy place. Memory care people are in a separate building. They do some activities together. UNC Doctor offices are across the street. Local hotel offers discounted rate for visiting family members. Several people said that the food was good.

Love One Doing Good In This Community

This is a nice, safe community, and my mother is doing well with her move here. I do feel comfortable with the care she is receiving. They have good staff at this facility, and they are taking good care of her, and her needs. It is a well-kept community, and so far everything is working out well. I would recommend this community to my family, and friends.

Nice

The salesperson I spoke to was nice and I liked this community. They seemed to offer some nice activities and the community seems well taken care of. This community does not accept medicaid so it would not work for my loved one.

Dad 2.0 - a new chapter begins!

Really enjoyed our tours (went multiple times thanks to my OCD nature) and ultimately thought this was the best 'fit' for Dad. Lovely environs, good sized rooms, nice common areas, and close to many activities in Chapel Hill/Durham (not to mention only 15 minutes from my house). I've got high hopes he'll make new friends and enjoy his new home.

Not the best experience!

While my mother was at Brookdale, they never provided an itemized accounting of what they charged and they changed things midway. I was constantly haveing to check things. We had set up for all communications to come to me and they continued to send them to my brother. They seem to be professional at first, and maybe I just caught them at a bad time, but I was still very disappointed with our experience there.

They CARE!!

The people at Brookdale Chapel Hill really went the extra mile in helping me get my dad moved there. I have truly been impressed by the helpfulness and friendliness of every staff member I have met. They have been so supportive and worked with my time frame and Dad's needs.

Clean and Friendly!

So far all good. Clean, friendly, good food, nice room.

Our visit at Brookdale was extremely informational and helpful. We are seriously looking at using their facility. We need to work o
ut some financial issues but looks promising. Ms. Natalie and the staff were very kind and helpful. The facility was very clean and well kept.

They seem to be doing a good job.

We are in the Clare Bridge section. They seem to be doing a good job. I wish they could put foam rubber on all the surfaces, she has fallen a couple of times. The staff is very friendly, it's a large place so it can have it's challenges with cleanliness, but it's pretty clean. The food seems to be okay, they have a lot of activities and some variety. When we visited there, it was kind of airy and light and was just kind of a nice place, with lots of different activity rooms, and a meeting room, and t.v. room, so I really liked the set up they had.

It's very clean, and the staff is very friendly.

It's very clean, and the staff is very friendly. My father has complained bitterly about the food, he says everything is covered in a spicy sauce and he has to uncover it before he can eat it. He says the description sounds wonderful but when you get it it's not the same. When we first got here, there were some communication issues and it took a while to get some things set up and started. It's wonderful that they were able to bring some of their things from home to make it feel a lot more like home. We chose them because both of my parents could be there, and they have dementia care there for later when it's needed.

Clare Bridge Assisted Living

Very good first impression. This home deals with dementia and Alzheimer patients. They are very patient, caring and do good work. Our experience (about 1 week) has been positive. The facility is clean, the food is good, and everyone is helpful.

Understaffing Leads to Poor Care

Severe understaffing leads to poor housekeeping, faulty medication management, and poor hands-on care of residents in general. Attractive grounds and building hides sub-par services for residents.

No independent Living for Dad

No independent Living for Dad

Loved this place, but waiting to get ...

Loved this place, but waiting to get estimate on additional care expense to see if it will save me money over Carillon where my mother is now. Put my mom on the wait list.

Brookdale Chapel Hill is a dedicated memory care community in the thriving city of Chapel Hill that offers premium care services to seniors with Alzheimer's and related forms of dementia. Our community has a prime location near shopping, dining, banking and local medical facilities. Located in a quiet residential neighborhood near the University of North Carolina South Campus, we are just a short drive from the vibrant downtown area of Chapel Hill and all the metropolitan amenities of the Research Triangle of Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill.

The staff at Brookdale Chapel Hill are well-trained and dedicated to recognizing the history and future dreams of each individual resident, promoting independence and ready to offer compassionate care when needed. Our innovative care program includes a gentle structure to each day that includes mental and physical exercise, practicing daily life skills and life-enriching activities that provide a true sense of purpose.

Our community has resort-style amenities and high-quality care services, including:

An award-winning dining program with dementia-friendly menus and individualized dining assistance
Enclosed courtyard with outdoor seating and gardening areas
Secured community to keep wandering residents safe
Pet-friendly accommodations