Sands Point Center for Health and Rehabilitation - Port Washington, NY

Sands Point Center for Health and Rehabilitation - Port Washington, NY has yet not published prices.

• IV Therapy
  • All private rooms
  • 24 hour care
  • Rehabilitation
  • On-site physical therapy
  • Speech Therapy

Review of Sands Point Center for Health & Rehabilitation

My loved one is very comfortable at Sands Point. It was a little rough at first, however everything has been straightened out and we are very pleased. He enjoys the therapy. They started out small and increased it which was good - he wanted more therapy. Everyone has been very friendly. I would also like to mention the hair stylist that works there. She had closed about three hours prior and she was willing to give him a haircut which was very nice of her. He really enjoys his meals, too!

Review of Sands Point Center for Health & Rehabilitation

They take care of my mom and they are very on top of how she is doing. The therapists are good and they follow up. The staff are very accommodating. They clean her room every day. The nurses are very patient with my mom. Everybody is nice to my mom. The food is good.

Review of Sands Point Center for Health & Rehabilitation

Sands Point has very good care. I'm very pleased with the staff. However, it needs to be cleaner, the floors in the room in particular. I come every day.

Review of Sands Point Center for Health & Rehabilitation

I'd recommend Sands Point!

Review of Sands Point Center for Health & Rehabilitation

I'm happy with the care and nurses and they are all very friendly. The staff are all nice.

Review of Sands Point Center for Health & Rehabilitation

They are wonderful. The therapists are working with him well. The staff is very nice and friendly. They've kept it very clean. The nurses are very nice and forthcoming. They give him lots of food and he has not complained.

Review of Sands Point Center for Health & Rehabilitation

It feels comfy and the food is good. The nursing care appears to be good. The dining experience is very good, my loved one is eating well. The rooms are drab, not well lit, and the furniture is old. For a short stay, it's fine. We've had one call in weeks of stay about his status. We are having to reach out on our own.

Review of Sands Point Center for Health & Rehabilitation

I'm happy and he's happy with the therapy. We are very pleased with the meals. Although sometimes I'm concerned if he is getting proper attention or not. They don't communicate very well.

Review of Sands Point Center for Health & Rehabilitation

They make changes after the concerns have been made known.

Review of Sands Point Center for Health & Rehabilitation

It really is a great place. The staff is friendly, the facility is nice. The only drawback is the food. The meals are truly horrible. The facility needs to change the entire meal program.

Review of Sands Point Center for Health & Rehabilitation

My mom seems to be responding to the rehab therapy. I would give them a five but they are short-staffed sometimes, and it can take a while to get help. The nurses are terrific and some of the aides are not terrific. Some of the aides will ignore her requests and others have been very responsive. She is very elderly and wants help right away. My mom likes one of the nurses that worked today in the morning. She likes the food most of the time. They do provide Ensure for her. The doctor has been responsive.

Review of Sands Point Center for Health & Rehabilitation

Overall it has been an experience with some good and some bad. The building is too clean! I am mostly concerned about meeting with the dietitian at the facility. I am having some concerns about my meals. I feel as though once I meet with the dietitian things will smooth out with my dining experience while at the facility.

Review of Sands Point Center For Health And Rehabilitation

It is excellent, although my loved one is very impatient. He does not understand why he is there. The staff compensates by getting him to do what he needs to do. Two rehab therapists in particular are really good. It is pretty clean. He is not too happy with the meals, and he does not eat well, but I like the meals. The doctors do not give constant information.

Review of Sands Point Center For Health And Rehabilitation

They have been doing everything they can for my dad. The staff are very friendly. He is going to therapy regularly and hopefully getting stronger. He seems to be getting taken care of. He is getting showers, and he is not dirty. He is very fortunate with the aides taking care of him. There is always someone cleaning.

Review of Sands Point Center For Health And Rehabilitation

I think the care is wonderful and the rehab is fabulous. They are friendly and caring. From the staff to the rehab people, we are very impressed. My loved one has made incredible progress. The rehab therapy is excellent. We like all of the therapists, who were very attentive. We like the social worker. We like one of the nurses especially. We have been very well informed. It is easy to speak with someone, and they get back with me.

Review of Sands Point Center For Health And Rehabilitation

The staff is very attentive and friendly. They go the extra mile and they care.

Review of Sands Point Center For Health And Rehabilitation

This facility would be my first choice. As soon as I walked in the door, I could see the place is clean and it looks like a hotel! It is bright and cheery. The therapists seem to be on top of everything that my loved one needs, and they are addressing every issue we bring up. The nurses and aides are approachable and accommodating. I like one of the aides in particular. The nurses are above and beyond. I like the head nurses. I like the night nurse, who is magnificent. I also like the director. The food is not bad.

Review of Sands Point Center For Health And Rehabilitation

I like the physical therapists. One in particular is excellent. I wish that the physical therapy could be a little bit one on one. I feel like the therapists are juggling between patients. The nursing care is very good. One nurse in particular is excellent. They did not set up an initial meeting, but they are responsive.

Review of Sands Point Center For Health And Rehabilitation

My father is here and everything is going fairly well so far. You have your mix of staff. Some are friendlier than others. It is very clean here! I have a meeting scheduled; however, I would have preferred more reaching out by the facility as far as care updates.

Review of Sands Point Center For Health And Rehabilitation

I am in the process of getting a couple things smoothed out with the facility during this transition. So far it seems to be going well. I have set a meeting up with the facility to go over everything. However, at this point, the facility has not necessarily reached out to discuss my mother's care or a plan for the future.

Review of Sands Point Center For Health And Rehabilitation

It is a fabulous facility. My mother would not be here if it wasn't. We are very pleased so far. One nurse has been especially helpful with my mother's care. A CNA has also been very nice and helpful throughout this time. The head nurse I speak to about my mother's care has been great.

Review of Sands Point Center For Health And Rehabilitation

The nurses and aides are very nice. The physical therapy department is excellent. They staff are pretty nice. I'm a physician, and I know my sister requires a lot of care. Sometimes I don't think they realize how sick she is.

Review of Sands Point Center For Health And Rehabilitation

As a whole, the staff is very friendly. The cleanliness is pretty good. Email or text updates from the facility would be very helpful, especially in this day and age.

Review of Sands Point Center For Health And Rehabilitation

They are very flexible, professional, and accommodating. My loved one does not like exercising, and the therapists make it easy for her. She is doing a good job there. Someone comes by every day to clean. The food sometimes is not so great. So far they have done well at keeping me informed.

Review of Sands Point Center For Health And Rehabilitation

My mother has been here quite a few times. The facility could make a few adjustments but she seems to do well when she is here. The physical therapists are terrific! The weekends do not have the same level of care as the weekdays. It is almost like a wasteland on the weekends here. The nurses are not monitoring her as much as they should, especially with her health conditions. The food is not edible. It really is horrendous. When I was there, I tried to get her other options and the food was just terrible.

Review of Sands Point Center For Health And Rehabilitation

The beginning was not so great, but now the service is wonderful. I have no complaints about the food. Now the communication is good, but there were problems with the business office to start with.

Review of Sands Point Center for Health and Rehabilitation

Everything is going very well for my loved one. She is doing well with the therapy. They are keeping her busy and she is progressing. They are constantly taking her for walks and helping her get better. I have no complaints, the care was good. It is a very friendly building! The meals are good however she did enjoy the meals at St. Francis more, so there is room for improvement in this area. They do a good job with keeping me informed.

Review of Sands Point Center for Health and Rehabilitation

Everything was the best! I was 5 minutes away so I could go four times a day and spend time with my mother. The building has a code that allows family members to even come at night. The therapy is very good. Everyone is very friendly there! My mother tended to enjoy the dinners more than the breakfast, but she liked the meals there. I was very proactive and they always answered my questions about her care. It helped that I was there so often.

Review of Sands Point Center for Health and Rehabilitation

My loved one is treated very nicely and she is okay. The cleanliness is pretty good. She likes the food most of time. The communication is very good. There are no problems with them. We like several of the staff members very much, they are very good. She likes all of the staff in therapy, and one therapist in particular.

Review of Sands Point Center for Health and Rehabilitation

So far they are all helpful. The wound care lady was very good and the nurse at the desk was fine. The next day I tried to call to see how she is doing and I could not get someone to answer the phone. Finally I got through and that person was nice and took my name and number.

Review of Sands Point Center for Health and Rehabilitation

It looks great and the communication with the nurses and nurse practitioner has been great. Everything has been good. It is very clean. I have not tasted the food but my loved one does not like the food.

Review of Sands Point Center for Health and Rehabilitation

They are meeting all of my mom's needs and taking good care of her there. She likes a lot of the staff. We like the LPN and she is very friendly and she made my mom feel comfortable. She likes her a lot. It looks pretty clean.

Review of Sands Point Center for Health and Rehabilitation

The staff is very nice. The aides are very nice, and they listen to my loved one and help him out. It's very clean. He's enjoying the meals very much. I approach them. They did do a rushed staffing meeting.

Review of Sands Point Center for Health and Rehabilitation

I would recommend Sands Point. My loved one spends a lot of time on therapy. The meals are very good.

Review of Sands Point Center for Health and Rehabilitation

He is getting great care but the food is terrible. We are bringing him food and he is ordering out. It looked clean to me.

Review of Sands Point Center for Health and Rehabilitation

Most of the places on the island and New York are the same. It is extremely clean, and some of the staff have a chip on their shoulder, and some are good and into it. Some are 9 to 5 then "let me out of here," and some are very compassionate. The staff call me all of the time and we have had two meetings. I do not think they have enough staff though, especially on the weekend. The aides are more into texting on their phones and not on the patients. The old aides are more on top of it, but they are overloaded. The dining is efficient. Some of the food is good and some it is not good.

Review of Sands Point Center for Health and Rehabilitation

They were very good to me and my loved one has not complained. The nurses are very nice. We especially like three of them. The meals are okay. He does not eat much.

Review of Sands Point Center for Health and Rehabilitation

The staff are all exceptional. My loved one is happy. Everything is good, considering the condition he has and that the staff does not have enough help. Everybody is extremely busy. There should be a better selection of food, though. They have only one or two choices. He is a vegetarian.

Review of Sands Point Center for Health and Rehabilitation

They are helping and my husband is walking with the walker now. The whole place is good!

Review of Sands Point Center for Health and Rehabilitation

My loved one is doing really well with his therapy. Overall it is a good stay. It seems as though any concern we have had was taken care of. It is a good facility. On the first day, the room was bad and it smelled. After we mentioned it, it was taken of right away. His wife was telling me that he really liked the food.

Review of Sands Point Center for Health and Rehabilitation

Sands Point has been very good. The PT department is excellent and the day time nurse is very good. My loved one has been there before. The rehab helped him boost his strength with walking with the walker. The staff friendliness is excellent. The day time nurses are best. The food is institutional, though.

Review of Sands Point Center for Health and Rehabilitation

My loved one's care was very good overall and they looked out for her. There was miscommunication on the medication though. They would ask her what are you taking and she does not know. I would have to clear that up. There was not a lot of communication with me. Too much confusion with the medication.

Review of Sands Point Center for Health and Rehabilitation

The rehab therapists are great here and the program is going well. But I don't really feel that the staff is educated on how to meet my husband's needs. He has a special condition that requires extra care and I don't feel as though the staff is properly trained. There is a huge difference between day shift and night shift, especially with the nurses. The day nurses are great, but the night nurses aren't. The day shift is very nice and the night shift will answer my call light saying "What do you want." They don't even wear proper uniforms to work. I also wait a very long time at night for them to answer my call light.

Review of Sands Point Center for Health and Rehabilitation

The speech therapist was timely, concise, and great! The PT also did a good job. The staff are friendly. I do not have extensive experience with facilities, but there are rules here, like my mother cannot get up by herself. She really had to go to the bathroom at one point, and I had to try to get her to the bathroom myself. I do not know if it is a staffing problem or what, but that is my real concern.

Sands Point is a CMS 5-star skilled nursing and rehabilitation facility in Port Washington, New York. We are proudly a “Preferred Provider” of St. Francis Hospital, New York’s only specialty designated cardiac center.

Our center has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the “Best Nursing Homes”in the US for 2017/2018 and has received the highest possible overall rating of five stars. Sands Point Center for Health and Rehabilitation has achieved this honor through assessments in health inspections, level of nurse staffing and quality of care.

Our highly-regarded Passport Therapy Program includes:

Cardiac Recovery
Respiratory Therapy
Heart Failure Services
Amputee Rehabilitation
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)
IV Therapies
Diabetes management / training program
Life vests
CPAP management
CPM management
Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD)
Pleurx Catheter care
Comprehensive tracheostomy care
Ostomy care and teaching
And much more!

Contact us or stop in to speak with our friendly admissions staff about a tour and to learn more about us.