Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab - New Hyde Park, NY

Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab - New Hyde Park, NY has yet not published prices.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

They answered our questions and they were very informative in answering our questions. The food is good too. I’d recommend Parker Jewish!

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The therapist has gotten my loved one to be able to walk more than she was able to before. They have been sensitive to dietary restrictions.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The people, the attention and the accommodations have been spectacular. The therapy is great and he is doing pretty well. One of the aides is very nice. It is very clean. My dad's food is diet specific but the meals are great. Everyone explained everything very well.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

My mom says the nurses come as soon as she calls and they are great and nice. Everyone she has come into contact with is nice. My mom likes the meals and they look good. Everybody has been really good and answers our questions.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

Everyone has been attentive. The nurses as soon as you ask them something they are right there. My father’s room is very clean, same with the dining room, and the lobby. He is eating the food, it is not home cooked meals but at least he is eating them. As soon as he arrived I got a phone call with updates on my father.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

I really like it. He is getting really good physical therapy and occupational therapy. Everybody has been very friendly and nice. I think it's very clean. The rooms and the bathrooms are very, very clean. My Dad says the food is decent. He gets to have lunch and breakfast with his friends there. He enjoys the social aspect of it. I feel very informed.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

Everything was fine and the therapy was good!

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The communication, nursing care, staff care and rehab have all been excellent!

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

They've done a good job in getting a routine started for my loved one.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

They are very attentive to my mother's needs and the facility is clean. The nurses are very gentle with my mom and patient. Her room is especially clean but the whole facility itself is pretty clean. I've been receiving a phone call every day since the first day.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The staff is very friendly and the nurses are all nice! She likes the food and is very happy with it. She said it tastes really good and they give her enough. From what I've seen on her floor, it's kept clean. In the beginning, I was a little upset that they weren't letting her walk but she spoke to the physical therapist, and they are now getting her out of the wheelchair. So, I am better with it.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

Parker Jewish has been excellent for my mother! Nursing care is crucial to the well-being of the patent, the ability to rehabilitate, and also a large factor with family satisfaction. Here, the nurses do a phenomenal job and that is what makes Parker Jewish so great. They are very considerate and the nurses are so helpful without ever having an attitude. They do not let their emotions get the best of them and I really appreciate that. She is getting ethnic meals now and has enjoyed them so far. The facility could do a little bit of a better job with the sweeping.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

We had a good experience here!

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

Overall, it was a positive experience.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

Overall, it was good. I do wish there was more communication.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The facility was well run, and clean. I could not complain. The rehab therapy had been very good and my wife was able to walk with guidance. I understand the staff was overworked, but because of the overcapacity, they had people who screamed at night and they were disruptive. They may need a space constraint as where to locate the people with special needs. The staff was all very friendly like the nurse aides and physicians. The part-time people were all great there. All the nurses were nice. This was not a hotel and the dietitian was good. It was packaged meals. They were good at communication and responded. The aides, nurses and physical therapists all communicated well.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

My loved one was enjoying the therapy and said they were working her pretty hard. The staff was all very nice. The staff was very friendly. The facility was very clean. The meals were okay, and the communication was good.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

So far, I am very satisfied. I liked the interaction with the staff caring for my brother. I was fine with it and if I needed to ask questions they answered me. The staff was doing a good job. The staff was very kind and friendly. The facility was very clean. My brother did not like the food. That did not mean the food was not good, he just likes spicy food. The case manager gave me information and I would go to her and she would find out answers to my questions in every aspect for care or financial information.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

One nurse seemed like she was on top of her job and my husband could be a stickler at times. Parker needed to be more in tune with the doctors and know more about what was going on. The rehab therapists were working with him. I spoke to the social worker and she was very kind and wanted to help. The rooms and the area were really clean.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

I liked it but there were a few things I did not like. When my mom asked for something she did not get it and she did not understand English too well. The therapy was good, I would have scored it a 100 percent. The staff was good. I liked the girl in the morning. She was very good with my mom. The cleanliness was good. The meals were good. She liked the Indian food they served. The communication was good. I am tension free with her being there.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

My husband's room, the hallways, the tables, and the bathroom are clean. My husband really liked the soup. The night nurse was very good. When my husband came in it took the staff a while to come in. Every time I needed information they were always there to give me answers. and if they don't know, they would direct me with someone who did.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

This is the best place for my loved one. The rehab is going well and he is better. The staff are very genuine, friendly and make me feel like I am family. Most of the nurses are excellent. It is as clean as it can be. The meals are fine. One of the managers is very helpful and answered all of our questions. She gave us as much information that she could, she seemed caring and genuinely interested.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The staff are very nice and cooperative. They are friendly and the nursing care is excellent. It is nice and clean. The meals are okay.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The nurses and doctors treat my mother well. The rehab therapy is always excellent. We have only been there a few days but everyone is fine and I do not have complaints about the staff. All of the staff are good. They go around cleaning all of the time. The communication is generally pretty good and I am there every day asking questions. We have no problems communicating. I go there for various meals and the meals come regularly and the staff help some people eat. Her appetite improves every day and she mostly enjoys the meals. I am under the impression they are understaffed.

Overall, it was great.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The updates are okay. One of the nurses let me know what is going with my husband. The rehab therapy is fine. The cleanliness is pretty good except they do not clean the toilet bowls or urinal. We had to clean that ourselves. Some of the staff are nice but not that many. He did not have a good experience there. Most of the staff is very rude and they do not attend to the patients.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The nurses are wonderful! I've tried to call for days and got no response. The social worker and doctor won't return my calls.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

When I ask the aides to do something they don't do it right away. The nurses are alright. I found the lobby exceptionally clean. I wish they would check on the patients a little more.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The therapy was good but I wish there was more communication.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The therapy was going really well! The nurse on the second floor was excellent! Some of the nursing assistants did not have a good attitude. The janitorial staff left messes uncleaned for days. The food was terrible. It was just the overall quality. I probably would recommend the facility only because we have had experiences with a couple of others in the area and I would recommend this facility over those.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The cleanliness was acceptable. Some of the staff were very good but some were not friendly because they were overworked and they were all spread way too thin with too many patients to look after.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

My mother was not very happy. She was not getting answers. No doctors came in. My mom was moved to a private room and does not know why. The staff was not really friendly. My dad was on another floor and it was much better there. Communication was terrible.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

All of the staff have been friendly. For a facility, they did a pretty good job at keeping clean! The nursing care was pretty decent. The nurses were all very friendly and helpful. It did seem like the patient to nurse ratio was quite high. My main concern was my husband is a runner. They did not have a monitor on him for two days and he did wander off. He was very fussy with his meals. I wish they would allow him to pick more beverages. Also, I wish they would set him up better before his meals. They had been nice and great at communication.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

Everybody was friendly. They didn't give a specific time for when they will come to get her for rehab therapy. The two therapists that she has been working with worked very well with her. When we had gone on the tour, we were shown the 2nd floor which was the renovated floor and that's what sold us. When she was admitted they put her on the 4th floor, which was nothing like what we were shown. My mom's 2nd floor was clean, but I think they needed to come by and sweep every day. Every day we go it's an inconvenience, we had to wait for security and to check our pass. You had to do that every day because their computers rebooted. She was not that thrilled with the food. We weren't told it was a kosher menu.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

They are very on top of communication. The staff was very friendly and the therapy is good. The staff takes too long to clean her and they do not pay attention to her. Some of the nurses are good and some are not doing their job. We have to bring food from home because she does not like the meals.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

My grandmother has not enjoyed the meals too much, but I do not know if it is because she is on a diet restriction.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

My mother loves the physical therapists. The nursing care is okay but she feels that she's not really getting enough talk time with the doctors. I haven't gotten any communication and they haven't personally called me. When I ask questions, they give me a very short answer like they don't have enough time. I have spoken to her about the meals and she says they are edible but not preferred. Honestly, I'm not really too impressed with the cleanliness. It can use some updating in certain areas.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The meals had been fine as long as she ordered Kosher. We initially had a rough start. The staff member made it very clear that she was not happy to help my mother. The first night the room was filled with feedings trays. Since I am still listed as the primary contact, that shows how the communication was. I have asked them about five times to switch it to my brother because he was the family member in the area.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The equipment didn't work properly in the therapy room. I was there every day for my husband and for the tasks that I couldn't do we would have to wait twice as long. The room was so hot. At Parker, he was unable to get up and go to the bathroom. I asked for the cleaning crew because the floor was sticky and my sneaker was making noise. The food was disgusting if you don't get gourmet meals when you are in a facility. He would get the wrong meal. The communication system is abdicated.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

We are very happy with the therapy. There is one nurse that I find to be helpful, but I am not happy at all with my father's experience. The facility is not that clean. Whenever I visit I have to clean everything in his room. He is not happy with the meals and the communication needs to improve. Whenever you ask them to do something, they do not do it.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

It's very nice and I am so pleased with it so far! My loved one was at another facility and it was bottom of the barrel. This place from the very beginning has been a completely different experience. When I walked into my loved one's room there was a list on her table with doctors, nurses, and numbers we could call if we needed anything. I cannot say how nice this was for them to do.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The communication was excellent!

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The place was spotless and we were happy with the communication!

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

I do find that the meals are good and the nurses are very helpful. The care from the aides can be good but mostly the aides are not nice.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

He enjoys the meals a lot and the staff is very friendly. I do have to be after them when it comes to communication.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

My loved one says he is happy with the place.

It was good!

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

Overall, it's been a very good experience.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

Everybody is smiling and always greeting you when they see you!

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

So far, my loved one says it's been good and the staff is very friendly.

Overall, it was good.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

My loved one is happy here and that makes me happy too! The aides are courteous and helpful and I find that it is very clean. The only complaint that he has given me is that he doesn't really like the meals.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

Everything was wonderful and done on time with no problem.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The service seems great and the staff is friendly and wonderful. The environment is clean.

It was great!

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The staff is very friendly and the building is very clean! I would absolutely recommend the facility to a friend!

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

I think that they are short staffed but everything else was great!

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

Everything seems great with my loved one and everyone is very attentive; they listen to me and answer my questions. I feel that there has not been that much attention to her after hours and on weekends from the nurses and aides.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

It was good but I thought they were short staffed.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

My loved one said that the food is okay.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

When we arrived my loved one's room was not ready for her.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

I think that everything was good but I wish there were healthier options for my loved one's meals.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The staff is very nice and friendly but some of them can have attitudes. My loved one has had to wait to use the restroom but the facility is very clean.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

It has been very good so far. The staff is on top of thing and their information is right there!

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

Most of the people seem very lovely and caring but on the weekends, they seem to be short on staff. The nurses are very nice and lovely.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The aides are very friendly and they all introduced themselves the night my mother came in. They are even very good at updating me with important information. The main lobby downstairs and the parlor on each floor are very clean but the rooms do have an odor. They put the food down on the table and leave it there and by the time they come back to feed them the food is cold. My mom rings the bell at night and she waits a couple of hours for help at night.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

Everything is good but we wish our loved one had the same nurse each day. I did find that it was really clean.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

Sometimes I think that they should have a little more care for the patient here.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The nurse manager is thorough with my father so we really like her. The doctors are wonderful and the aides are friendly. I just think that they need more staff, especially for the weekend.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The staff are very slow to help my father. Some of the aides look like they want to be there and some look like they hate being there.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

I think that they are short staffed and some of the regular aides are not great. My loved one likes the meals and he tells me that everyone is friendly.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The staff at Parker Jewish are friendly but I think they are short staffed. I find that the meals and communication need to be improved.

It was okay.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

There is a door next to my loved one's room that constantly slams and I think that it is way too hot there. We can never find a nurse that has information on him and when we do find a nurse we got told by them that they don't know. The bathrooms and storage spaces could be cleaner.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

We have been to another facility and Parker Jewish has been much better. I do think that they need more staff and more information about the patient to know the status better. The hallways are exceptionally clean and the meals are okay. It is really hard to get updates on my mom.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The nurses were very helpful and accommodating to my mother-in-law. I think communication was good and the meals could be a lot better. They have some caring people there, but they have others who just seem to be there to collect paychecks. There were parts of the place that was clean but when she first went in there, the bed was not made and the room had not been sterilized.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The meals have not been that good and she still does not get the correct option delivered. They do not keep up with the room and the bathrooms are dirty. There are two CNA's that are excellent with my loved one.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

Miscommunication has been an issue so far. The cleanliness has been okay but in the dining room, the tables need more than a sanitizing. I have been so pleased with the therapists though.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

I always have to call to get information.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

I found that the staff was very rude and there was no communication to the people at the desk.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

My loved one really likes the therapists, but the rooms are not clean and there are things all over the floors. My loved one had to wait a long time to use the bathroom and it seems that there are very few nurses that work here.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

My loved one is satisfied with the good food and the room service is nice as well. The beds are done very nice and the room is nice and clean. The nursing care is good. The aides change my loved one's clothes and keep everything clean!

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

When my loved one first came in, she was not walking and was out of it. In a couple of days there, she seems much better. The aides are very nice and attentive. The communication has been good. They keep me informed of everything.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

I think the therapy and their method of providing it, is very good. They help my mother throughout the process. They really do take good care to make sure my mother is comfortable. They are very gracious. She's really excited when she goes to therapy. She is very grateful that she is up and walking! The aides are lovely and it's a clean environment. They are very interested in keeping the dialog open. I really appreciate that. It's a little too much food for my mother.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

So far it has been good! The aides and nurses are very nice. The meals are good too.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

Beautiful! Everyone is so polite and nice and talk to me and explain things to me. The nursing care is very good. I am happy with everyone that works here! My loved one likes the meals. It can be cleaned a little more but the people are nice. There is a little bit of a smell.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The therapy is excellent! I have had a lot of communication with the therapists but not so much with the nurses. We had a little trouble with the bathroom not being clean.

Everything was good.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The experience has been good so far.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

It was very clean there. The nurses were excellent and very concerned about my loved one. I liked the special attention they gave to my aunt. They made sure my loved one did not have to do anything. They took care of her and we really liked the service. Everybody communicated that came into her room and they explained what they were doing and their purpose.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

It took about a month to find the right place! The screening process for visitors on the weekends can take a long time because they ask to see your ID. The aides are very friendly and nice and my loved one is very happy with every one of the nurses. It is always very clean. He has been going to the dining room and he likes to sit and eat next to the window.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

My loved one has been there before and he liked it. He likes the meals here. The people that we spoke with were very helpful.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

My mother is very happy with the care, and if she is happy I am happy. She has had OT and PT twice so far and she is pleased with it. It looks well kept and clean. She said the food there is very delicious.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

They are taking great care of my loved one and they do the best they can with the majority of them. My loved one likes it there. My loved one is doing as much therapy as she can do. It takes an hour some times to get a response. The aides are wonderful and do the best they can. The ones that I have met have been very nice. The majority are happy and it is a tough job. They come around all the time cleaning and picking up. My mother likes living there and she thinks she is at a resort or hotel. If she can get her own room it would be like heaven. Good and it does not have much taste to her. They are doing the right thing. I have friends who recommended it to me. The nurse does call me but sometimes they do not call me back for a couple of days.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The service is good. The cleaning stinks and I have never seen a place filthy like that. The meals and the communication is good.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

They gave me my own room which was nice. When I asked them for help, they were accommodating. They tried to get me involved with activities. The therapy has been great! When I came here, I had some the rehab in the hospital but didn't make much progress. Since I have been here, I am walking on crutches and making a lot of progress. The nurses are good. They give me my meds as needed. They have been great. The nurses even chat with me when I am bored. Most of the aides are very nice. It's very clean. The housekeepers are constantly in and out, sweeping and taking the garbage out. The meals can be a hit or miss, sometimes it's good and sometimes it's terrible.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

My grandma seems pretty comfortable and happy there. There are two nurses my grandmother gets along with really well. According to her, it's hospital food. I haven't received any updates or phone calls. I haven't gotten any progress reports.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The people that work here are attentive and nice. My loved one says that the therapy is nice. It's clean but the parking is horrible. Her meals are coming to her room. The communication is good.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

I think they give great service. Everyone is so kind, courteous, and helpful. Everyone that you interact with are all nice and kind, even the security guards.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

My loved one seems content here. She is satisfied with the therapy and is making progress! I met some of the nurses and aides and they are very nice. It is very clean and her bed sheets are nice clean too. There are some food items that my loved one doesn't care for, but the dining staff will bring her something else that she does like.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

I like this place and it is clean. The aides pick up my loved one and dress her and take her out. She said the therapy is very good. The aides are very friendly and they answer all of my questions.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The aides are very attentive and my loved one is not an easy patient. The nurses are really nice. They got their work cut out for them because the patients spill stuff and there are odors. My uncle is very picky with food and his meds affect his appetite. When they have something to tell me they call me like when he fell they called me.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The PT is good for her but the only thing she is not getting the property nutrition. The care is good, but it depends on the nurse. They are overwhelmed there. It is clean and I got on them about cleaning the floor in her room. I went up there a couple of times and I could not identify what she was eating. I played phone tag with the social worker last week. I have not had a solid communication with the doctor. My mother was there in the summer and they may have had a different crew at that time with better care then compared to what it is now.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

It's a very clean facility. The dietitian did call me to make sure that my loved one is getting what she needs. The aides all try but my loved one is very limited to what she can do. As far as needs are concerned, there have been times where she has had to call me, especially on the weekends.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The establishment is great! My loved one said that everyone is pleasant. It is a very clean place. My mom says she does not like the food. I have not received any updates whatsoever. No one has communicated with me.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The therapist was very nice and very good. The aides were nice. They gave me my medication on time. The aides would let you know if your medication was okay. When I called somebody, they would come in. Majority of the aides were friendly. The housekeepers cleaned every day.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

I feel like his needs are being met. The therapy has been very good. Everybody has been very nice and helpful. My loved one is not on the right diet.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

She seems happy with the therapy. They got her in the correct wheelchair right away and they are exercising her hand. They are getting her up and moving! The aides are very nice and friendly. The TV doesn't have a channel guide and makes it difficult to figure out what channel things are going to be on. The nursing care seems fine and it seems to be very clean. The meals that my loved one got were good. My loved one liked that you had an option to go to the cafeteria or stay in your room but it isn't an option on the weekends. I have been playing phone tag with the ST. I tried to get in contact with them about a prescription and I went to their office and I still have not heard from the ST. Sometimes it is hard to get in touch with people on the weekend at the nurse's station.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

It has been a good experience at Parker overall. My loved one hates the meals.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

My loved one is getting better due to the care she is receiving here. We have no complaints about this place. I think that the nurses are overwhelmed and understaffed. I do think that the communication is a bit lacking. There is an odor that lingers.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

I thought they made my loved one comfortable here. The therapists tried working with her and occasionally they got a little rise out of her. The housekeepers took really good care of the place.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

My father said the therapists are doing really well with him. The aides are all pretty helpful. I am not there all the time from what I see the meals are fine. I spoke with the doctor and the therapist.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

Overall I’d recommend Parker. During my visit, there was an incident with some stuff on the floor. I noticed that the nurse did not clean it up all of the way.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

I don't believe they have enough staff on the floor but they are fine with what they have. The care is fine but not enough staff. It is clean here. My loved one hates the food. I do not get regular updates and I am an emergency contact. I would like to have more updates from them.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The aides that work specifically around my loved one have all been especially helpful. She does complain about the meals from time to time.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The aides are very friendly. The CNA that deals with my loved one is very good. Although, they need more aides. The patients have to wait too long for things. The nurses can't provide the care patients need, they are stretched too thin. It is not good for the patients to suffer. I feel that the nurses are understaffed. There was no communication that I had to go with my loved one to their doctor's appointments or having to pay for their transportation to the appointments. When my loved one was first admitted here, there were dust bunnies under the bed. The bathrooms don't look too kosher to me either. The food doesn't suit my loved ones taste buds.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

Meals and cleanliness were good.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

Things are going well and it is pretty good so far. The nursing care is pretty good. The aides seem to try to help. I spoke with the doctor a few times.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The therapists are very nice and polite. The facility has been very good at communicating. The nurse manager and the social worker were very helpful and nice. The meals are good and the dining was okay. The second floor was very clean not but the fourth floor was not so clean. Not the greatest and not the worst nursing care. There were some issues with the meds and nursing assessments.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

It seems like everybody does not communicate with each other and do not know how to answer questions. Some nurses are good and some not.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The physical therapist and occupational therapist are doing a wonderful job. Many of the staff are absolutely excellent and go above beyond. One in particular talks to my mother and engages with her and makes her smile. My mother’s face lights up when she sees certain staff. Everyone is very friendly. They try to make you feel welcome from the first day. The way they have their welcome set up is really nice. Everyone comes in and greets you. It appears very clean. The food is very good. They give her a lot of food. And there's a lot of options. They need a better method of communication between shifts and with family.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

It was okay, but I feel like they could use more help.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

I would definitely recommend the facility. We had a very difficult time but it could be because of our own decisions. The rehab has been going along rather well. The doctor was very good. I also know a friend who is at the facility and this friend is TOTALLY satisfied. The people who were there were very friendly but maybe they are also short staffed. There can be an excessively long wait at times for something that needed to be done right then especially going to the bathroom. Unfortunately for my husband the meals were disastrous.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The aides were very friendly.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

I only spoke with the coordinator and it went well. The facility is clean. My loved one complains that she doesn't get enough food at mealtime. My mom called for help to use the bathroom but no one got there in time to help her. She thinks that there aren't enough aides working, that they are understaffed.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

They do not have enough aides around and the ones they have are hard to find. They are not changing my loved one as often as she needs to be changed.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

My loved one enjoys the meals. She says that they are very good and served hot. I thought that the therapy was perfect and I loved it. One of the CNA's showed me how to lift and wrap my loved one. They need more people. Some of the aides are genuinely nice but some are not. I had to let the aides know not to raise their voice with my mother. The nursing care is good. I had to clean the bathroom because it is filthy.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

My loved one is a picky eater and he likes the meals. They were very quick to clean up after meals. I heard that the therapy was fine. Some of the aides are amazing and some are not. The night and weekend nurses have to be watched when they are giving the meds.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The cleanliness was fine. Some of the aides are friendly and some are rude. I had requested a blanket for my father, I was told there wasn't any on the floor and the aides would bring one, but no one ever did. There was a lack of urgency, for the most part, I felt like there was complacency and the aides are desensitized to it.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

My loved one is coming along with therapy. They do not have enough staff. It is not the nurses but she is not getting the care she needs.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

There was very little communication with the family or with my mom about what they were doing. Some of the aides were less than friendly. I wouldn't recommend, I didn't think it was stellar.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

It is very hard to get into contact with anyone especially the doctor. They are very good about calling if it’s to sign papers or do something for their end but they are impossible to reach otherwise. My father didn't like the woman that he worked with in therapy. The aides act like they don't want to be bothered. My father could not get the staff to get him a blanket so he called me. They don't serve the kinds of food my father likes to eat.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

Without a doubt, this place was very clean. When I arrived they didn't have a bed ready for me. They do not get things to you on time. I knew that I need to take one medication at a certain time every day. So, I would call up to the nurse's station every day to make sure I was getting my medication. The nurses did a good job though. The meals were not good or hot. They were just warm and never at serving temperature. The PT was a better part of my stay. I removed myself from the facility. I would not recommend it to anyone.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The communication is good with the supervisor. In the beginning, it was not enough therapy with only 20 minutes a session. There is a nurses aid that is there in the afternoon who is very kind to my mom but the aide in the morning does not want to help. This is tiresome because it affects her progress. They should sweep the floors more frequently. My mother is on a strict diet and there is a limited amount of food she can eat.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

We are not happy with this facility. My father is supposed to be getting rehab but the aides keep finding excuses to not take him out of bed. Both the aides and nurses are very caring but it seems like they are understaffed. If my father needs anything we have to go find a nurse to get what he wants. No one has reached out to us.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The therapists are good but everyone else is inadequate. I visit my mother and I witness the patients calling for help for a long time. It is hard to find the aides or nurses at the desks. I have to search for help at times. Some of the aides, especially on the third floor, are not friendly and have a bad attitude. When I ask them questions they act like they do not understand English or do not want to be bothered.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The place is beautiful but the care is off. The therapist is fine but my loved one says no to the therapist and they walk away. The aides are nice. When I was there last no one picked up his food, the closets were open and his clothes were all over the place and he cannot walk. The aides and nurses need to talk to him more. My loved one does not like the food. I left two messages for the doctor and one for the therapist but neither have called me back.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The facility is clean, but there are only certain nurses and CNA's who were helpful. The rest could care less. The ice machine is broken on the floor that my loved one is on. It takes a couple of hours for help from the aides. Everybody needs to improve their communication. No one from PT showed up to evaluate my loved one and they were supposed to show up.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

My loved one was not happy here but the therapy was good. I did not have a problem with friendliness. The head nurse was good but my loved one was given medication with the wrong combination of food. The food was terrible, he said he never tasted anything so bad. It did not look appetizing either. The aides told my loved one's roommate that they would have to wait until the morning to use the bathroom because it was too late in the evening.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

It's good, there've been no problems! It is immaculate. The second floor is beautiful.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The facility, the social worker, and the nurses are great! The hallways could be cleaner. The food is okay. We bring him home made stuff, but he enjoys it.

They are 5 stars!

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The overall staff has been very helpful, communicative, and supportive. They are doing a phenomenal job. It's very clean. The rooms and common areas are very clean. He is eating the meals. They have them in the general dining area and they have additional cafeteria in the downstairs that he likes. Communication has been excellent. I speak with them on a daily basis on my dad’s care.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

In general, it is very good. The staff is very good. It is very clean. The communication is very good. I do not like the food.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

Everything is excellent. All the staff are great here. The communication is excellent.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

I recommend it for hospice! The environment and the way the nurses and doctors are in and out of the room is great! The staff is unbelievable. Communication has been very good. It's very clean because it is brand new.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

Everything is nice and the facility is good. The nurses are very good. They bring water and what my loved one needs. Everybody is nice. I go every day and everything is clean. The food is fine. He chooses what he wants from the meals. The communication is good.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The transition was seamless and went well. The evening admin is very good. The common areas are clean and the staff have kept in touch with me.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

I like the way they communicate with the family and how they are responding to what I ask far. My loved one is making some improvement. One of the staff members does a great job for my mom and made her comfortable. She gave us information on her care. The nurses try to communicate well. She likes the food.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

Absolutely, I would recommend the facility! The nurses are very good. There has been a staff member in particular that has been especially helpful. There have been others as well I just do not know all of their names at this point.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

It's fantastic. We have already had our 3rd meeting. The nurses take good care of my sister. She is clean when I go there and it's very clean in general. They take her out of bed and she likes it there. My sister is the type who will stay in bed if they allow it. My sister don't complain about the meals. If she don't like something you give her, she will tell you.

They are great!

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The nurses are very good. I do not see anything wrong with the place and so far he is being taken care of. It is clean.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

Overall I'd recommend Parker Jewish. They are short staffed and you have to wait a little bit.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

It's been a good experience at Parker.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The therapist is great and really got her moving. The meals were good. The first couple of nights, my loved one was not being taken care of as well but after we addressed it with the staff, things are okay now.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

I like everything. The therapy is very good. Some of the staff are friendly and some have an attitude. I have to run into someone to get any information.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

It's immaculate, it's nice. The food from what I see is good and my girlfriend likes it. They are on time and prompt with therapy. They are always there to come get her. The staff are very nice people. They always let me know any information that pertains to me. The nurses are good. They are on time with her medication and stuff. However, my girlfriend has to go the bathroom a lot and she has to call the staff to go. I understand they are busy, but a lot of times they make her wait. When they get there they do what they got to do. So no problem there. It just take them time to get there.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The second floor, where my loved one is staying, is absolutely beautiful. I wandered around the facility and the people seem happy. I will say the long term care - it was kind of depressing. Most of the nurses are great. The night nurse is particularly very very nice. It is very clean! The food quality is too variable. Often, the meals lacks flavor and are served lukewarm at best.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The staff are friendly enough and it's very clean. I've communicated with many people and it has been very good. However, the nurse could be more attentive and perhaps have a better bedside manner, more sympathy. I feel like the nurses have been too confrontational. And I don't think there is enough nursing staff. Also, the food is atrocious. I wouldn't touch it myself. It's a struggle to get my mom enough nutrition. It's like they take food out of the freezer and pop into the microwave for 30 seconds.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The care overall is good. The staff and nurses do a good job, but the nature of their set up there is no way they can be more attentive. They have to wait a while for the nurse to come around. They could be a little bit more aggressive with the PT. The care is fine but it takes a little bit of time. Sometimes they say she is not my patient but overall it is fine. It is well maintained.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

I have visited my loved one at the facility and from what I could tell, they are doing everything they can do to help improve the condition of my loved one. I would get phone calls and I would return the call and let's say I happen to miss their call, but I would return less than a minute later - I would never be able to get through to that person.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The facility is very nice. Everybody is terrific there. I find that if someone is in rehab and the family member isn't there, they aren't getting the attention they need. He needs one on one care. He is not getting enough physical therapy. I have to go look for people. The one thing that bothers me, is I called and someone was on vacation and no one called me back and there was not an out of office message.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The nurses are pretty good.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

I think it's clean. The people are very attentive and they come when you call them. They are polite to me and helpful. My dad looks very healthy. With the help of the people there I think my dad will have a good chance of recovery. I like the therapy that they give him. The staff seem to be nice. The people all seem well cared for. It's really clean and it stays clean. My mom was there 4 years ago, and its been kept up very well. The fish tank is still there and they have a nice piano in the lobby. Communication is 100% good!

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

One of the staff members (I believe a PCP) has been especially helpful.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

PT and OT is fantastic. I like the room over looking the golf course. The TV range should be more channels. I like the care. The cafeteria downstairs is great. I did not like some the dinners. I do think that they should have face cloths.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The aides are really good keeping him clean and nice. They are very nice and helpful. It's $8 a day for phone and TV is very expensive for him. The staff has been very nice. He seems to be doing okay with the rehab. He doesn't like the food and he requests sandwiches.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

We've heard wonderful things from others about Parker, so we chose it for my mother. My mother has not complained about the nurses, which let me tell you, means this place must be pretty darn good! The therapy is helping my mother and she is improving. I found one doctor to be especially helpful. My mother is having difficulty with the food. When it comes to the proteins, whether it is meatballs or chicken, they are so heavily cooked. If they gently communicated the reasons they are helping, my mother would help. No one is keeping me informed when I am there. I have only had one situation where I needed to speak to someone and a doctor got involved and was very helpful.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

I was very nervous when I Googled it but so far she is liking it and getting good therapy. She likes the therapy and the staff is pretty good. So far the nurses are good. She doesn't like the food too much. I can't get anybody to talk to me at all even a nurse and I don't like that I can't contact her by phone.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

My sister has to wait to get help. They don't have time for the patient. She is not receiving the therapy. There are some staff members who are nice and some that don't care. Like on Sunday, there were two workers arguing with each other out in the hallway. There are some of the staff that are really nice, and some that just don't give a hoot! I have to clean up my sister's room. They could do better with the food. It's the same thing over and over. You have different types of people of different nationalities; they should cook food for them.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

It's clean and guys with mops walk around all day long, but in general it's not the best. My loved one complains she does not get enough therapy.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

It's alright but my loved one doesn't like the food.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

This is not what I hoped for. Maybe it will improve. The therapy is very good and she is coming along. She is doing well with it. They change the garbage and the rooms are clean. If something falls on the floor they clean. The day nurses are great but the nurses at night are awful. The day staff is wonderful, decent and always listening. The meals are not to my liking but they are warm. The communication is not very good but the PA and some of the nurse are pretty good. I think things have fallen between the cracks and it may not be intentional. They are very unresponsive at times and they do not answer the phone at night.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The therapy is good. The food needs improvement. The dietitian doesn't come.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

My loved one seemed satisfied with the therapy. The communication is not so good. The medical staff and doctor needs to improve with communication.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The care is the same as anywhere else.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The therapists try to work with my loved one every day as scheduled. They don't give her any pressure. The meals are delivered in a timely fashion. They are well portioned and hot. Some of the staff are okay and some are very rude. Help is very delayed. The nursing staff needs improvement on communication. They never answer the phone.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The rehab is very nice and helpful. Everyone was extremely pleasant and nice. He was in a room with another person and the service was great and he moved to a private room and he had to wait an hour to go to the bathroom. Also the bathroom was not cleaned enough.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The rehab therapy is good. I'd recommend it but the facility does have some shaping up to do though. The staff are very good. It got better especially after we complained. We've had some problems. She was not getting help when she wanted to go to the bathroom. The good thing is going to the cafeteria but she's not happy about the meals. It could be because of her diet though. The communication is good. Once I call someone they contact me and let me know what is going on with my daughter.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The building needs to be updated.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

Everyone has been good. Her room is always clean. When she rings call bell, it takes a little long for them to get to her.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The therapy is very good. I saw the OT and ST working with him and it was good. I spoke a few times with the speech team and they have been very helpful and reached out twice and asked about his communication. The rehab physician we had a visit with. The people are lovely but the facility is a bit run down. The nurses are very attentive with one nurse for the one unit from what I saw. The care is very average. They need some oversight to look at their practices a bit. I am little disappointed and Parker Jewish has a very good name. He did not look like he was washed up and he did not have any briefs on. Maybe they do not have enough CNA's possibly. It is clean. I know they are renovating some areas and where he is at it could use a little fixing. There is a menu and he is eating fine. It does not look particularly fancy but it is palatable.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

It's clean. There is not enough equipment for real rehab. Each time I have gone up there I can only find one nurse. There's a shortage. They become friendly when outsiders come in but not when we are not there. The aides are not nice and if you ask them a question, they do not answer and there's no compassion. My loved one is not getting the assistance she needs and they're only there to get a paycheck.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The nurses are very nice. I really like them and appreciate them. She said the meals are very good. The therapists seem like they have a good plan set up. But she is coming from a location where she was doing more. They have had her in the wheelchair the whole time, but she is there to become more mobile. She would like to walk more, outside of just the physical therapy.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

It is clean. It is a nice place. I liked it very much. They were always cleaning. The people were nice but not enough of them on the weekend. Other than that, I like the PT and the food seemed good. I would send her back to Parker. They took her to the gym and she walked up the steps. Some staff are really good and some were so so and some a little annoyed. They tried hard but there was not enough especially on the weekend.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

I have mixed emotions about the facility there were some very pleasant people. The nurses were not bad but I transferred my mom out. There was a very pleasant male gentlemen the first night, he was great, very attentive, and I was comfortable with him. The night shift was great. One of the aides was very rude to my mom. You could've knocked somebody out with the chicken. The communication was another issue. I came in her room there was a big note to make sure a family member could go to doctor appointment. I took the day off work to make it, and the appointment was actually another day. It just seemed to be one thing after another. I left messages for the social worker she never called me back and then tell me she was in meetings.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

It's very clean and the staff are efficient and courteous. The therapist is conscientious and did a good job. The meals were good. However after two weeks of rehab she got steadily worse. They are understaffed and she was kept waiting all the time to go to the bathroom.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

The staff are attentive and helpful when they are around. They have an emergency button she pushes and she is non-verbal and it has taken 45 minutes. Our family had to go out in the hall and look for someone.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

My mother likes the therapy and she hasn't complained at all about the meals! The nurses are a little bit rude but she is a little out of sorts. However, the facility has not been helpful. The social workers are very nice but the communication is bad. A meeting was arranged but they forgot about it, after ignoring our attempts at contacting them.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

My loved one was there three days and got sick. We had no communication at all from them. They provided meals for him but he was not able to eat. I do not know if there was much of an effort to get him to eat.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

It's been very bad. Some of the staff is not treating my mother right.

Review of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care & Rehab

I told the person she was working with that the rehab was painful and they told me it would be better tomorrow and it wasn't. The nurses were not responsive to her needs. She called and no one came.

Parker Jewish Institute is a non-profit and CMS 5-star facility committed to providing premier health care and rehabilitation. Parker has provided superior patient care in a warm and supportive environment for over a century. We are the leader in patient care, teaching and research, and community service with a pioneering spirit of compassion, excellence, and innovation.