San Clemente Villas By the Sea - San Clemente, CA

Comfortable Community For Your Loved One

This is a very nice and comfortable place to move your loved one to when you have to start consider senior living. My mother is doing fine here at San Clemente Villas By The Sea and I am happy with my choice to move her her it is a great place. The community looks great, no concerns regarding cleaning. And the staff has been excellent so far with all the help they have given. My mother hasn't partaken in the activities they offer, she would rather sit in the lobby with the other residents and listen to the music which is nice. The food is delicious, and my mother enjoys it as well. I would highly recommend this community because it is a comfortable place and everyone here is in good spirits.

Great facility. One MAJOR flaw

My wife, an Alzheimer's patient, and I both live here. She's in the memory unit. Shortly after we moved in, the director of the memory unit was fired and replaced by the director of activities of the memory unit. This is like taking an excellent teacher out of the classroom and making her a principal. Kym was an OUTSTANDING activities director: enthusiastic, out-going, dynamic, with great leadership qualities. In fact, she was one of the reasons we moved here! But now, she's in an office most of the time.
And her replacement? The owner's daughter!!!!! This daughter has no personality, does not understand music, is constantly unprepared, does not have leadership qualities, and is just completely unprepared for the job. I'm not sure that she really understands dementia or Alzheimer's. I see her at work almost every day.
I've talked to most of the staff managers, and even the co-owner himself, Nothing is going to be done. Hands are tied. The co-owner has made up his mind. That's it!

Too Many People

We looked at this one for my step-father but there were just too many people for him. He felt more comfortable in a place that's a little bit smaller.

Too big for my liking

They are a bigger community that are setup kind of like a hotel. When I went to visit this community it just did not seem like it would be a good fit for my loved one. The community was just to big and would not be able to provide a home like feeling.

A warm, safe, new retirement community built with you in mind. Conveniently located in the beach town of San Clemente, enjoy the sunsets, Beach and Harbor. Giving you peace of mind, and laughter in your heart. Within walking distance to a public golf course, 2 major grocery stores, movie theatre and much more.

San Clemente Villas by the Sea was created to provide an Active and Independent Lifestyle by the sea in a resort-like retirement environment.

Free to spend quality time with family and friends. Providing a full social calendar of culturally enriching social activities, special events, physical fitness in our Fitness room and swimming in our beautifully designed pool and Jacuzzi, arts and crafts and socializing with friendly neighbors and caring staff.