Sunrise of Mission Viejo - Mission Viejo, CA

Beware

My father resided here for 5 years and was recently evicted due to declining mental health and behavior issues they were not equipped or educated enough to manage. My father was diagnosed with MCI underlying dementia at time of admission and thrived well until a new director came in a couple of years ago. I've had medications "go missing" after personally handing medications to staff, I have had serious concerns about caregivers and their ability to manage residents with impaired cognitive function which I have addressed repeatedly with the director and managers and have received zero follow up on. Now I am left with 30 days to relocate my father after 5 years of residency here. None of the "nurses" nor senior managers have certifications of any kind to manage seniors. Beware that your loved one may be tossed out as well. Parking is nonexistent for family or visitors due to staff parking in visitor areas. I have witnessed many times individuals parking along "red curbs" obstructing emergency vehicles. Very dangerous situation in case of fire or medical emergencies.

Beautiful premises, like a grand mansion, with pleasant ambience, not overwhelming but big enough to offer plenty of activities and stimulation. Staff seems competent, professional, on top of things. Updated lovely rooms, well-designed as everything is easy to get to-salon, nurse office, dining room. Policies and cost seem reasonable and in line with other facilities though this place is more updated than most others. Residents seemed pretty happy. Nice touches like everyone has a personal photo frame at their door and name plate, birthdays celebrated, features veterans photos displays, etc. Very impressive. Not depressing at all. Director took plenty of time to answer all
my questions, knew me by name, and seemed to really care. Visitor
parking is a little bit tight though there are spaces in back, but that's not unusual for these facilities I found out. Because it's not large though, not alot of choice in rooms-you have to get one when it comes up.

Waiting list and $5,000 up front fee

Always a warm welcome feeling at Sunrise communities

[Removed] took us on a tour she did a good job. The staff was friendly and kind. They seemed to have plenty of activities although the activity areas were smaller. The average resident seemed to need more care then my dad. The showed us a studio, but we were disappointed because my dad would prefer to have a patio for his dog.

Skip this place

Our relative has been here 1 year and it was a good place although it's very old and needs to be updated and repaired. The food was very good and there were activities and outings, there was life at sunrise. Now 1 year later we are very very disappointed!!
The food is so subpar and they feed the residents the same stuff, there are little to no activities anymore and no outings. There is little exercise and a general sadness to this place. It is expensive and for the amount we are paying, it's a waste of money. We used to enjoy coming here but not anymore. We did contact the corporate office but they were not helpful nor interested also very condescending towards us. We are looking for another facility for our relative. We would not recommend sunrise

Great Staff!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community for my mother and I have no complaints of how things had went. The staff did a great job providing us with great information and answering any questions we had for them during our presentation. I liked the open floor plan and felt it was easy to navigate through the building. It was just not the right location for my mother in the end decision but I would recommend it to anyone.

Mom's care

This is a nice community. The staff are caring and we like the attention she is getting. I like knowing that she is in a clean community. We like the menu of the meals that are available with a good variety. They offer my mom to get involved with activities. We have recommended this community to other families for the good care and value for a loved one.

Kind of

Sunrise seemed to be very hectic and was a bit older, and the location was not as good.
The apt my mom and I looked at was bright and clean but it felt like an apt. There was a golf course but it was across the street and my mom was looking for more of a nice landscaped view possibly facing the golf course.
While we were there all the staff seemed very friendly and we were able to talk with some of the other residents who were also very nice.
Sunrise of Mission Viejo was nice it was just not what my mother was looking for.

I Saw The Community

On the tour I saw they were not going to be a good fit, It is a very large community. It is clean and bright with lots of activities. We did not need the activities. I felt they were trying to oversell themselves. I thought my loved one can't get that much attention while living a large community.

They were very though and explained their programs very well. We will need to review our affordability.

Mother's Care and Comfort

I like the care here at this community. The staff was nice to my mom and she seemed to like the care that was outstanding. The community and we were happy with the nice atmosphere. We would hight recommend this community for the care of a loved one and the excellent value

Good Tour Overall

We toured this community for my mother in law, and her needs. It is a nice community, and our tour went well. The community was clean, and everything looked nice. The staff was friendly, and polite. The experience was a good one, but this wasn't the one for us.

Very Nice Tour

We had a good tour of this community. The community was well-kept,and everything looked great.The staff was kind,and friendly. My questions were answered, they were informative. It was a nice experience, and everything went well.

Not impressed!!

I had taken a tour of this community with my mother and she was really freaked out during out tour. The entire building was very depressing and felt just like a medical institution. There was no natural light and there was a very gloomy feel in every room. Our tour guide was not the greatest either and really did not make my mom feel comfortable.

Sunrise Senior Living

Comfortable Living!!

This community is a perfect fit for my mom and dad. The staff have all been attentive to my parents needs and have made sure they are satisfied and comfortable in there new living environment. They have been participating in there activity program, and have been enjoying the different meals they provide.

Comfortable Living!!

This community is very well kept, there is a lot of great amenities and beautiful features. The staff have really helped my dad settle down into his new apartment and make him feel comfortable and safe.

Tour Time

I got to take a tour of this community and I feel that this is not an active community due to the residents' age and condition. During my tour I did not see engagement or interaction with the residents. The activities seemed limited and my mom needed more activities.

Good Vibes Here

Upon my tour I was able to meet the wonderful staff and liked the fact that they is more staff to care for the residents. It is a smaller community but still clean and very nice. I mostly liked the professionalism and proper that is given here. If you can afford their price, it is a good place to see.

Looks Like A High End Hotel

This community is like a high end hotel my friend is doing great since his move into Sunrise. They have been wonderful and kind to us when we come to visit him. The staff is helpful in every type of way to him, very accommodating. The facility is extremely clean and very well kept. There is tons of activities for the residents to do. This is a great community to look at for your loved one I would highly recommend it.

Prices are a little high. Like the facility and the staff. Looking further into a shared room. Rooms are a good size.

I can rest comfortably knowing my husband is in excellent care. The staff gas been great.

So far it has been wonderful.

So far it has been wonderful. She has been very happy there. I have been very happy, they call me if anything comes up. They were also pretty competitively priced compared to others in the area. I would give them a five at this point.

Good so Far

My loved is content and happy. The staff made her feel at home and is good. The food is good and she hasnt really gotten into the activities yet . The rooms are kind of small but no complaints on anything else.

unbelievable

amazing staff, makes all the difference!

Would not recommend

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for our loved one. I did not like what I saw of this community during our tour. It looked a bit run down, and there was a noticeable smell.

Good Communication

My loved one doesn’t really use that activities – I’m sure they’re great – we just don’t have any experience with them yet. Thus far we’ve been very pleased with our experience. The staff is very, very helpful. I live out of state so I deal with a lot of distance communications. They are very gracious and work with me. They try to encourage my mother to integrate into the communities. She enjoys the food. She’s says it’s great and they give her a whole lot. She feels very comfortable with the staff.

it is very frustrating!

They do not do what they say they are going to and it is very frustrating! They keep patients and give patients extra care so they can bill for it. My loved one likes the food. Things get [removed] and they don’t know why. We’re working on finding a different community for my loved one.

Sunrise Senior Living

We're sorry to hear you had a negative experience at our community and we take your comments very seriously. Please contact information(at)sunriseseniorliving(dotcom) with more information.

Large suite and one bedroom...

Large suite and one bedroom unit. Homelike feel. Big pine trees out front, no noise from freeway, lovely front porch.

Friendly and Accommodating

It's only been a short time since mom became a resident. I had visited another location a few years ago for another sustained injury. However, the need was not as great as it is now. We are in the 'getting to know you" period for the staff and that of our family. They are, however, more than willing to accommodate our requests.

Looked very comfortable and lot's of ...

Looked very comfortable and lot's of activity. Public company owned, May try and re-visit with father-in-law.

Like this place on list for considera...

Like this place on list for consideration

Toured this location. Assisted living...

Toured this location. Assisted living rooms and facility nice, but memory care section was in what appeared to be the "basement" and was very depressing.

Toured in person. Wonderful place an...

Toured in person. Wonderful place and people!

Located near the I-5 freeway, just east of the OSO Parkway, Sunrise of Mission Viejo is nestled in the heart of Mission Viejo adjacent to the Mission Viejo Country Club with a variety of suites that offer a wonderful view of the golf course and surrounding valley. We pride ourselves in championing quality of life for all seniors. Our passion is to provide extraordinary care for our residents while offering a unique living experience and a variety of care options.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can’t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you’ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.