Heritage Pointe - Mission Viejo, CA

for residents who live in the Jewish Tradition

Fabulous Staff!!

My mom has had a little bit of a bumpy ride since moving into this community because of her health. She has had a few falls here and there and may need further care then an assisted living can give her. The staff however has been absolutely wonderful to her and has been trying there best to make sure that she is comfortable and her needs are being met. I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking into an assisted living environment with great staff.

The facility looks great, but mom is catholic and would be better served in non-denominational setting.

Nice place but not non-deno...

Nice place but not non-denominational enough. Rates too high as well.

She’s only been there a short time, but so far we are very happy.

She’s only been there a short time, but so far we are very happy. The food is excellent food. There haven’t been any concerns with the laundry service. We haven’t had any issues finding parking at all. Everyone has been great. Everything is fives across the board.

Supervisor Problems

For assisted living they were great, but we had problems with the supervisor in memory care managing my mom's behavior. It was disappointing because I really wanted her there. I liked the Jewishness and I was really sad that she had to leave. My mom started acting really inappropriate and we had to put her in a psych ward for a couple of weeks, and they wouldn't take my mother back because the medicine hadn't kicked in, etc. We just had too many problems with the supervisor.

Elder Care in a Jewish Setting

As the daughter of an octogenarian couple who recently moved here, I have had nothing but positive experiences with Heritage Pointe (HP), its management and support staff. The food is above average (an important factor for my father), the activities seem almost non-stop, everyone is friendly, helpful and accommodating. Here's something nobody told my brother and me during visits with doctors and a social worker: For the adult children of a parent considering HP or any other assisted living, it's important to know that a move should be made *before* the parent is diagnosed with dementia. Once that diagnosis is confirmed in medical records, a place like HP will require residency in the "Memory Care" facility. My parents moved "just in time," as my mother is essentially "pre-dementia." Otherwise, my father would have moved to an apartment at HP and my mother would have gone to a separate facility on the same campus.

Good So Far

We've had no problems so far. They have activities like games, trips, going out to eat, shopping, people that come in to speak and other entertainment. So far, things are going well.

Assited Living... and JEWISH!

Assited Living... and JEWISH!

Heritage Pointe is a 188-unit retirement community dedicated to meeting the cultural, spiritual, religious and physical needs and desires of our residents. One monthly fee includes three Kosher meals daily, all utilities except telephone, basic cable television, weekly housekeeping, chauffeured transportation and much more. Residents enjoy our extensive library, heated pool and spa, activity room with computers, card room, exercise and music rooms. A browse through the gift shop to pick up a cup of coffee before a walk through one of the beautiful gardens is a lovely way to begin any day. Treat yourself to a visit to the beauty salon/barber shop - whatever you desire. Heritage Pointe is a wonderful place to relax and enjoy life. The Synagogue is an integral element of life at Heritage Pointe where we offer a full schedule of Sabbath and holiday services. Heritage Pointe offers a comprehensive assisted living program to meet the individual needs of our residents within their own apartments. Residents and family members are comforted in knowing that as needs change services are available and provided by our onsite healthcare professionals.