Brookdale San Juan Capistrano - San Juan Capistrano, CA

Brookdale San Juan Capistrano - San Juan Capistrano, CA has yet not published prices.

Lovely facility, very caring and friendly staff.

We went on a tour at this community

We toured this community and the staff was helpful and answered all of my questions. The skilled nursing was adequate and it was clean. I would recommend families tour this community before they choose a place.

The Search For the Right One

I toured the community and it didn't seem as upgraded as I had hoped for. I am glad that I found A Place For Mom to help find a community.

Nice Community

This is a very nice community. The interior is very bright and clean very well maintained. The offer different levels of care so if you need memory care you can stay on the property and move to another wing. The staff is friendly and very nice.

The Tour

I stopped by for a visit and the community looked fine for what we needed but we didn't get a friendly feeling. The atmosphere was different and we found a community that was very welcoming and friendly.

Elis was the Best

My mother was only at the Brookdale San Juan Capistrano for a short time before she passed away but while she was there she felt very comfortable and the staff was very helpful, friendly and easy to communicate with. The dining area was very nice and the food was great since my mom was a picky eater it was great hearing her talk about what they were serving. The activities director was great he even got my mom to join in some of the activies and the [Removed] was her favorite.
I would absolutely recommend Brookdale to my family and friends.

Despicable

This place is awful. Do you notice how they won't show you the reviews unless you sign up? You might as well dump your loved one in the street as to go here. The nurses lie to the doctors and the families. They make up ways to dump your loved one if your loved one actually requires them to get up off their [Removed]and do their job. They don't care about you or your loved one, they just want to drug them so they can take your money and sit around and gossip. This place is a disgrace on America and on the human race.

A perfect fit!

My loved one is doing very well since her move to Brookdale. It has been as a positive experience and we have no complaints. The staff there are taking good care of her and tending to her needs.

Friendly residents and happy staff. Decor is Fresh, areas are well lit with natural light whenever possible. Sales staff very helpful and interested in your needs.

Great Property!!

I really liked my experience during my tour of this property. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to give my loved one and I a detailed look at there community. They have various packages and well priced out apartments available to rent out that where very well maintained. The only thing was my mother needed a smaller facility and more one on one time from the staff.

Warm and welcoming

The staff is great and you feel welcome from day one. The atmosphere is warm and friendly

Lovely Tour

I had a nice tour of this community. Everything went well, and they were very kind. The community appeared to be nice and clean. The staff I came across was nice and friendly. It was a lovely tour, and this is a nice community.

Poor communication for admission at San Juan Capistrano

The process from transfering from Brookdale Ontario, OR to Brookdale San Juan Capistrano was very difficult and tim e consuming. San Juan Capistrano was very disorganized and information was slow, not a fun process

A nice community!

This community is clean and the staff did a good job, however they did not seem to encourage the residents to participate in any of the activities. Mom did not like the processed food that was served. It seems like they were cutting back on the budget.

Lovely Community!!

I have no complaints about our tour of this community, the property is very well kept and all of the apartments looked brand new. The residents seemed to be happy and involved in different activities throughout the building.

A Tour Of This Community

I was able to take a tour of this community and it seemed okay. I did notice some residents sitting around watching T.V. and not a lot of interaction. The community seemed to need a lot of care and we felt this place was not suitable for our active mom. I feel she would not be comfortable here.

Very happy with Brookdale San Juan!

I would rate the whole place a 5, it looks really good, very clean. So far I am very happy with Brookdale San Juan. I would recommend. My brother has adjusted, it's taken a little while. He has made a lot of frineds there. The grounds, building and food are quite good. 90 plus percent of the staff are great. They could do a little better cleaning his room, but that may just be my brother gets it messy again quickly.

Our feelings about Brookdale, San Juan Capistrano

Everyone we have met has been kind, patience and helpful. Knowing this is extremely stressing for my Mom and our family, Brookdale San Juan Capistrano has guided us along slowly and carefully.
They have shown my Mom great respect and their wonderful positive attitude is reflected in my Mom's smile. This eases not only our heart but our thoughts, knowing we have made the right decision for her caring.
We are all truly blessed.

Very Friendly Staff

The friendliness of the staff members have been the thing my loved one has commented on the most. The negative is the food service and the quality of the food. Occasionally it is good, but more often than not my loved one complains about it. Other than that she likes it.

Staff Is Excellent

I would have to say that everybody that the staff members were excellent. they have such a sweet way about them. they are not only sweet to my loved one, but to everybody. they are very, very kind. They seem like they enjoy their jobs. I wish they did have a few more activities though.

I found this residence to be clean with a fresh scent throughout. Staff appeared to be friendly. Crystal, the Program Director, showed me around, and seemed like a very caring person. There are 3 levels of care at Brookdale San Juan Capistrano. I was told that there is always an LVN on duty.

I was able to visit 1 studio and two 1 bedroom apartments. The studio and one of the 1 bedroom apartments were very cheerful because of location of the windows and the view. The other 1 bedroom model did not have an angled wall, and it felt much smaller with a definite closed in feeling. Price for the studio was around $3360, and for a 1 bedroom $4,245 or $4,380. Housekeeping does two washes each week, one for linens, and the other for clothes. The resident may pay for additional washing of clothes, or do the additional laundry herself.

The memory care part of the residence seemed somewhat drab. The rooms seemed darker and smaller. I visited during lunch hour, and there was absolutely no talking among the residents with dementia. A little music may have made the lunch time seem more appealing. The one attendant I noted had a smile on her face.

I did not eat at the residence, so I cannot judge the quality of the food. A variety of food was offered to the residents for lunch such as roast leg of lamb or veal parmesan. Besides these special entrees, simple things like a hot dog or tuna sandwich could be chosen.

Residents can be taken to their medical appointments on two days during the week. There is also opportunities for the residents to go on outings to shop for groceries or clothes, attend a movie, etc.

This is the first senior living place I have visited, so I have nothing to compare it to. I am really not sure how many stars it should be given.

4-Stars

We had a very nice move-in experience. There were a couple little things that we didn't care for, but they are slowly changing that. The dining room experience my mother is not happy with, some of the residents are pretty territorial. Other than that, it is a nice place. They are kind of short-handed in the dining room, but they are trying to rectify it.

very accommodating

There are a lot of very sick people at Brookdale San Juan Capistrano. I do wish they had more people that are older but alert and not as sick. The place doesn't smell which I appreciate. They keep a freshener there. They are very cheerful and very friendly at this facility. The staff has been very accommodating so far as far as finances. I think they need to pay the staff more and if they did they could have more employees which would make a real difference. Mom is independent but still needs some assistance and they are very attentive to that. I wish the building had more separate rooms. I know it's hard because then they cant keep track of residents as much. Overall I am extremely please here so far.

They Are Short-Staffed

I just think they need more staff. They seem to be short handed in the memory care unit. There doesn't seem to be enough people to give adequate attention to the residents. They could communicate with the family a little better too.

Cannot Say Enough Good Things

I switched my father to this facility because of the other facility raising their fees. My father couldn't be happier better care, service and value all around. Very beautiful facility and lots of activities.

Nothing bad to say about them.

I like this place because its friendly, and the people are friendly. You go there and the people aren't doped up, like other places where the people look like zombies. They treat my husband good there.

not a great experience

I would have to say that some of the staff at Emeritus at San Juan Capistrano is very friendly, while others are not so much. My parents really dislike the food, and I feel that the meals they get is not up to par. My mom spent some time in skilled nursing where I felt that her safety was not a priority. Communication at times has always been difficult.

Emeritus (now Brookdale) in San Juan Capistrano, Ca.

The folks at Emeritus in San Juan Captistrano have been great with my mom. She has dementia however is still too "with it" to be in Memory Care. They are providing great support, activities and concern for my mom.
The only trouble I have had is the night time care givers are less quick to respond and not very knowledgable. However, any concerns I have had have been quickly addressed.

I am very happy with this choice!

range of care

It’s a good community for someone who is looking for a community with a wide range of services that range independent living, assisted living, to nursing care – so that someone can age in place – pretty much for the rest of their life. Food is pretty good.

They were excellent.

They were excellent. I think the communication among medical staff, and all of the care staff could be improved. They were super nice and super accommodating. They wanted my mom to be happy, and they went above and beyond the normal move-in kind of stuff, to make sure she would be.

It was very nice!

It was very nice! Everyone was very friendly. It was very clean. Of all the communities we toured, Emeritus was above and beyond the nicest. The staff was friendly and professional.

Every single time we visit we have an issue.

Every single time we visit we have an issue. They haven't been good about keeping our loved one in clean clothes, or making sure he is clean. I have had the caregivers lie to my face. They don't change their shirts when they eat and get food on themselves. They are nice to our loved one, no one has ever been mean or shouted, but if they don't take good care of them, well then, that is not very nice.

Good PT Staff

My mother is in rehab at Emeritus right now. It is OK, but I think that she could get more attention. I can't say anything bad about it. I like the physical therapy staff there. She's only going to be there for a week or so more and then we're hoping she'll get to go home.

Not Right For Us

Decided not to go there. I thought it was fine. I was a little concerned how she would fit in to the environment in general. She's always lived alone and I thought this might be a little big for her. They were very nice and it was clean but I was also a little concerned about the level of care they would provide and what they would charge for that.

really liked this place for memory care.

really liked this place for memory care.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.