Vintage Mission Viejo - Mission Viejo, CA

Wonderful staff

High quality care and communication

I was impressed with the care and high quality of service we recieved for our Mom during a very difficult and confusing time.

The staff at Vintage educated us on the medical and insurance programs terms and coverages to give us a better understanding of choices available and what to expect.

I highly recommend them for all family members!

VERY HAPPY

My Mom lives at this community. She has dementia and I just couldn't move her in with me, and she couldn't stay home anymore. My sister and I agonized about this decision and we couldn't be happier. Mom is happy (although she didn't want to move in initially). I know she is safe, well cared for and I can sleep at night. The activity staff, and even the Executive Director, email me pictures of what Mom does during the day. VERY HAPPY WITH MY DECISION TO MOVE IN.

They need more employees per person. The cooking staff needs to do a better job of the presentation and a lot of the food was stale. We had to have my mother moved because she was right next to the washer and dryer, but they never moved her, so she prowled at night and they were concerned with that. I think the head caregiver was wonderful and she tried really hard, especially to take care of my mother, but when she was gone, the care giving declined greatly.

The people are nice and cooperative..

The Vintage Mission Viejo is convenient for us. It's a modern looking facility. The room is nicely sized. It's easy to get around. The people are nice and cooperative. We hear that the breakfast is good. The people are very helpful.

Beware of false promises

This review is for the Memory care. It is not what you are told and very different from the beautiful and lively building next door, especially on weekends when no supervisors are on duty. Understaffed, unfriendly staff just going thru the motions. No personal care for your loved ones. once you are in place , nothing happens as promised in tour. Beware of empty promises and be sure to visit often to ensure your loved one is being taken care of. We pay too much money for so little care. Needs much improvement.

Small, but well appointed. ...

Small, but well appointed. Too small for our needs. Also nothing available right away.

Beautiful facility with lov...

Beautiful facility with lovely courtyard garden in the center. Rooms facing the courtyard were serene and lovely. Atmosphere was quiet, but inviting.

Good So Far

It seems terrific. My mother-in-law is there and so far so good. They welcomed her and they've been friendly right down tot he maintenance man who said to call him if we need anything. She's enjoying the food and has started going on some of the outings. She's gone on a bus trip and shopping and things like that. It's expensive but good so far. She has once a week cleaning in her room which is satisfactory.

They don't take credit card payments. They only take cash or check and we wouldn't mind setting it up as a credit card payment.

A Good Place with A Few Issues

I may have to change but not because of anything they're going. The staff there has been lovely. I've seen some pretty dismal places and they are not. There have been a few issues in the care department - the staff doesn't seem to know exactly what they're supposed to be doing all the time but I might be a nitpicker on that. I'm just concerned about my husbands cleanliness and how he appears. There was a mix up in their notes about how often he should be bathed. They said 3 times a week and I said absolutely 7. The shaving has not been that good. My main concern would actually be what I was told they would have in place when I signed up is not necessarily so, mainly in terms of their activities and staff level. It appears they could certainly use more staff and I think they don't have as many activities going on - outings might be cancelled and things like that. They have a new act director so I think she's really on top of it but things aren't in place yet. I think things are improving there.

Good Experience

I toured Vintage Mission Viejo for my aunt and my mother used to live there. We had a really good experience. They were very good but a little bit smaller than the place we chose for my aunt.

Like this facility, but concerned wit...

Like this facility, but concerned with 1 to 7 ratio

Beautiful courtyard gurgling fountain...

Beautiful courtyard gurgling fountains and rose Garden

This tour cancelled by the director a...

This tour cancelled by the director as I'd already seen this in December. Liked this location, but residents seemed bored and there was no social activity taking place at time of tour. Memory care section seemed nice, but other than the hospital type room I saw, didn't see other types of rooms (if they have any?) Would hate to see mom in this type of setting, but need to hold off and compare to all other facilities.

have a move-in ready 1 and 2 bdroom. ...

have a move-in ready 1 and 2 bdroom. Need to visit again

Even though newer property, just didn...

Even though newer property, just didn't get that inviting feel. May want to revisit again.

Welcome to Vintage Mission Viejo! Independent Senior Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care in Mission Viejo, California.

Make yourself at home at Vintage Mission Viejo in Mission Viejo, California. It’s a friendly, flexible environment that celebrates your individuality and nurtures your soul. We recognize that each new resident has a unique lifestyle. So we’ve tailored solutions to match: Independent Living, for our most active seniors.

Assisted Living, when you need a helping hand.

Memory Care, special care for those with memory challenges e.g. Alzheimer’s and dementia.

Short Term Care, for a respite or recovery period.

Serving Mission Viejo, Ladera Ranch, Coto de Caza, San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, Lake Forest, Laguna Beach and other surrounding cities in South Orange County.

All options include: A safe, secure environment,compassionate, capable staff,busy days, rewarding activities, 3 chef prepared meals daily,scheduled transportation for errands, medical appointments and field trips,friendly people and a sense of community.

Nearby attractions include Norman P. Murray Senior Center,The Shops at Mission Viejo Mall and the Irvine Spectrum super center which are just miles away. There is also abundant dining options.

Medical options include Mission Hospital, University of California Irvine / UCI Medical Center and Saddleback Hospital.

Vintage Mission Viejo, a Vintage Senior Living retirement community, offers Independent and Assisted Living, and also offers compassionate Memory Care services and accommodations, depending on floor plan and availability.