Atria San Juan - San Juan Capistrano, CA

It's a nice property, appearance-wise, but they were very disorganized the day we visited -- the person we were supposed to meet was not there, so someone else led the tour. Someone else was supposed to talk to us after the tour about pricing, but apparently no one was available, so they said someone would call the next day. But it's three days later and no one has called to follow up.

A little over budget for a 1 bedroom @ $6500 for 500 sq. No garage or carport.

Golf Course View

This community was very lovely the view was very pretty of the golf course. The community was extremely clean and well maintained. The staff we met were very nice and very professional.

They Are Amazing

When we toured they had such a warm, modern, friendly feeling that my mother-in-law and I felt and likes about the community. She felt welcomed and now we love the facility, it has been wonderful for her. They check on her constantly and the staff always go above and beyond. They just don't have 24 hour care for her new needs.

Love Atria

My mother in law is so happy at Atria. The staff is helpful, energetic, and caring. The facility is clean and beautiful. Great activities and fun entertainment for residents. We visited and researched several places and are so glad she picked Atria.

The Other Community

The pricing was a bit more than we anticipated. The tour was very good for our experience.

Very Nice Tour of This Community

I was very impressed with my tour of this community. Everything looked great, this is a well maintained community. The staff was very friendly and kind. My questions were answered. They were very kind to my family and myself. It was a good experience.

My Visit To The Community!!

The staff we met at this community seemed nice and friendly. The community seemed top notch. Pets are allowed at this community and they offer complimentary transportation.

Nice community!!

My loved one and I were very impressed with this community, the staff made us feel very welcome upon arrival and gave us a detailed and informative tour of there community. The price was just a little costly for my parents budget.

One Of Our Top Choices

This community is so wonderful, out tour went very well here. I saw so much activities going on and the staff seemed to care of the residents based off their interaction with the residents. My mom liked the community a lot and the reason we did not choose this place is because the distance from our family. Otherwise the tour was great.

Very High End Community

I took a tour of the community and enjoyed the friendly staff. The community is very beautiful on the high end of living. During my tour I was offered cookies and baked bread, I also notice family member were able to order food too. It is a small community but also very qualified to provide the best needed.

Pretty happy there

They seem to be pretty happy there and are settling in very nicely. It looks like they are going to be there for the long haul.

Friendly and Welcoming

I think that they do a really good job in letting you know what it will be like, the facility and experience and everything. They were very proactive in helping me find other resources for him and they were very friendly and very welcoming.

I was immediately impressed with this place. Starting with fresh flowers when you walk in and the comfortable and clean patio chairs in front. The seniors all seemed to be having a good time and genuinely happy to be there. The staff was what sold me on this place, with their sincere desire to help my dad whether we chose them or not. It's definitely a little pricey but the peace of mind is worth it.

Staffing is very friendly and inviting

Atria San Juan was the best place available, from what I have seen the staffs interactions with the residents seems to be very friendly and inviting. Maureen and Kim both part of the staffing, were both very friendly and helpful.

very happy

He was very happy at Atria San Juan. It hard is hard to get in touch with the staff at times. The dining food and set up was nice. It is however a little tight for the mobility devices to get through. Even the hallways were tight. It baffles me on how a facility is built for seniors yet they didn't make it have enough room for those mobility devices. The outdoor areas are very nice. Overall it has been a good experience here.

Katy Miller

Thanks your review of Atria San Juan. We are excited to share that we have recently made changes to our dining room to that make it much easier to travel through the dining room. We welcome you to visit us again soon or reach us at [removed].

A Place for Mom's staff and timely information made a difficult search very much manageable. I want to thank them for disseminating pertinent information on a timely basis.

Atria to date scores five stars in all categories with our family.

Where would we be now without Atria of San Juan Capistrano?

My father in law is staying as a resident in the memory care unit on the 2nd floor. The Life Guidance facility has been such a great asset and blessing to our family. Jennifer, the director is wonderful. She has gone above and beyond in her helping us to feel welcome and at ease, as we made this very difficult decision and transition, for our father. The staff is friendly, helpful, well trained, and patient, as they interact with the residents, the family, and the other guests that visit. Silvia has been amazing with my father in law and takes a personal interest in all of the residents and their specific circumstances. The facility is beautifully landscaped and set in a very peaceful and serene setting. The living and gathering areas are tastefully decorated, very comfortable, clean, and well maintained. We couldn't be happier. Where would we be now without Atria of San Juan Capistrano?

high price but worth it i would recommend to other families as well i have nothing bad to say i rated the property an over all 5 star rating i gave the cleanliness a rating of a 5 star rating as well i think the staff is very very helpful and i gave the friendliness a 5 star rating as well

great value, wonderful facility

They are very expensive but, but then I know most places like this are, and they certainly deliver the value for the money.

The one area I can think of where they can improve is with proactive communication. Because every one of my parents children live out of state, communication is imperative when something happens, or just to update us every now and then on how things are going. Every time I call they return my calls, but I would like to have a little more of the communication be proactive on their end.

The facility is wonderful. It is very clean, and the food is excellent. The individuals who have helped out have been just simply wonderful! Kim Moore (sales) and Jennifer Frost (memory care) have been phenomenal. I could not have asked for anyone more caring and kind than they have been!

Family Oriented

I think the care services that are offered are good, but the way they are delivered are sketchy. The best things about the community are how clean it is, that the staff is very friendly, and that they are a good value for the money. I think they are family oriented. The food is very good.

Kate Vance

Thank you for your feedback. At Atria, we strive to provide a welcoming family environment and are so happy you noticed. We would, however, like to get a better understanding of your comment regarding the delivery of services and welcome the opportunity to speak with you personally to address this concern. If you are willing, please email us at [removed] and if you include “Atria San Juan” in your subject line, we can quickly include the appropriate people in the correspondence. We love hearing from our families and are here to help!

The one bedroom units were ...

The one bedroom units were huge. The facility is calm and beautiful. More independent and active than other facilities.

We really liked it.

We really liked it. We liked that they went to Dana Point Harbor for walks. We just didn't realize that it would be so difficult for her to make friends and have social relationships, because the level of the other residents wasn't a good match for her. They are clean and friendly and all of that but it just wasn't a good match for my loved one.

Kate Vance

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience with our community. I am sorry that we did not end up being a good match for your family. If you would like information about our other communities in the area or if we can be of further help to you, please reach out to [removed] including “Atria San Juan” in your subject line.

Gorgeous but Expensive

They were gorgeous! very nice but the location and price of another community was going to work better for our family.

Overall, I'm Pleased

The charge depends on the level of care. Independent is one rate and then depending on how much assistance you need it goes up from there. My mom has the lowest level of assistance right now. Overall, I would have to say that I'm satisfied. Because she's at the lowest level of care I'm still arranging for medical appointments. They would take her, that's not an issue, but i's probably best for me to be there anyway because my mom doesn't' have good recollection of what the doctors say.

She participates in some of the activities but not all of them. They have walks to the Dana Point Harbor a couple times a week and they have outings to Trader Joe's or shopping or just a driving tour to beaches. She'll occasionally go on those. She hasn't gone to the movies and they had tickets to the symphony but she didn't feel like going to that either.

Small Rooms

It didn't feel as clean, however, they were doing a remodel so that probably had a to to do with it. The rooms that they showed us that were available were just to small fore what we were looking for. It's already hard to move from a house to smaller space so we want to get my mother and step-father as much space as possible.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your review, and I apologize for the appearance of our community while we have been making improvements. I assure you that we are committed to keeping an immaculate environment for our residents and we look forward to your visit again soon. If we can answer any questions, please contact our community directly at [removed] or via email at [removed], and be sure to include the Atria community name in your subject line. Or feel free to drop by any time!

Next to San Juan Gold course

We chose this community because it was close to home. We looked at a couple other communities in the area and this one was the best. I liked the staff and liked their approach on how to deal with Alzheimer. The community is smaller then the others and is able to provide a home like feeling while still being a secure community. The have a porch upstairs in the Alzheimer care unit that has a wonderful view of the San Juan Golf Course. Atria back up right to the gold course so it is a beautiful community. The cost is about $6,200 a month for Alzheimer care.

Toured on 6/7. Beautiful c...

Toured on 6/7. Beautiful community, right size, personalized assistance, great activities and resources.

They charge $4100 for one person for ...

They charge $4100 for one person for Independent Living.

Overlooking the San Juan Hills Golf Course, convenient to shopping, banks and excellent medical centers, Atria San Juan offers one of the most respected senior living communities in San Juan Capistrano. Whether dining alfresco on our patio, staying active in our customized fitness center, or cozying up next to the double-sided fireplace in our library, each day is as relaxed or involved as our residents choose to make it.

We provide a fulfilling lifestyle with 24-hour staff who residents regard as their second family. We also offer the latest in innovative memory care for residents with Alzheimer’s or dementia. Our services, our staff, our location, our amenities – they all add up to a truly unique senior living experience.

License #306000347