Salishan Gracious Retirement Living - Spring Hill, FL

Dinner

The food is very good but the portions could be better.

Nice place overall!

Salishan Retirement is a very nice place overall! The managers and people who work here are all very nice people, and they've been very helpful throughout the whole process. The facility itself is attractive and well kept. I'm glad to have found this place, and happy to be here!

Salishan the Beautiful

The place I have chosen is the Salishan on Barclay ave in Spring Hill , Fla. It is a beautiful place , absolutely beautiful. The people and the staff there could not be any nicer. I truly think I will be very happy living there among all of them...

It's nice and clean, the people are pretty nice.

It's nice and clean, the people are pretty nice. Sometimes it can take a while to get pictures hung. All transportation is included, but getting the rides set up can be difficult. Housekeeping is including but it is just a surface clean, it's not that detailed. The food is excellent. They have lots of activities, they don't check on you though. They have a beautiful theatre in there. They are very accommodating.

When it's time for me to give up my house and work to maintain it. I would definately consider Salishan as my next home.

My 92 year mother moved into Salishan the week of Thanksgiving 2013. She immediately loved living there primarily due to not having to eat her meals alone and the numerous activities scheduled. The staff made the move in and subsequent adjustment a extremely pleasant transition. Within 1 month after moving in, an apartment closer to the dinning area opened up and again the staff helped move her belongings and our part was only address change and having the phone service moved. She has been there for 5 months now and absolutely loves it. My brother and sister-in-law who live out of state have visited mom a couple times and stayed in one of the guest rooms and loves the idea of being so close to mom and raves about the room, meals and staff.

Nice looking community

I only saw this place briefly for a tour, but I thought it looked like a nice place overall. My loved one did end up moving in here, and although she misses her house she seems to be doing well here. One feature I saw that I really liked was that the community has a small library room, which I thought was very nice.

Ronnie Moye

Thank you for taking the time to remark about our beautiful community, Salishan, in Spring Hill, FL. We are honored that your loved one picked us and we will take very good care of her!
Sincerely,
Ronnie Moye
Regional Director-NC, SC, GA, FL

It's pretty nice.

We ate one meal and it was very good and they had a drink cart and a salad cart, and an entree and then a desert cart, he likes the breakfast and lunch, but the dinner is lighter usually a soup or something. If you use their sheets and towels they will change them twice a week, which is nice and included in the price. The studio apartment is small, but suits his neeeds. It seems to be a little more affordable than the others around, the marketing/sales person was personable and did a very good job. The other rooms were wonderful too, and there is a little theater with graduated seating and everything even a popcorn machine in the back, and a room you can rent if you have a guest. They weren't real thorough with their contact information in the beginning. More people seemed to be mobile here as well.

I visited this property a few weeks a...

I visited this property a few weeks ago. My father is already a resident. I live in RI and had to find a place for father in Florida. It was an emergency situation when mold was found in his current residence and I had to find a place quickly. I went to AARP (I saw their ad for Long term care.) Their site referred me to a place for mom. I filled out the contact info and had a return phone call almost immediately. Referenced 6 places, I spoke to someone at each one and felt Salishan was where he would be comfortable as he is still inependent but needs some schedule to stick to for meals and meds. Hired a medical team to make sure he takes his meds. Fee is not bad and place is very clean. Nice people run it and Dad is happy there.

Mom and Dad Didn't Like It

My mom and dad were staying there but they're not staying there anymore. They thought they would like it but they decided that they didn't. The main thing was the food. They felt like it was not at all fresh like none of the vegetables were fresh. It was just low quality. The staff was pretty friendly. The manager that's there now, they didn't really care for. There was a manager there before that they liked but he ended up leaving and the didn't like the new manager.

Looks great. All untilities included...

Looks great. All untilities included. No buy-in fee.

We believe that Salishan is so much more than walls and windows - it's a place to enjoy home-cooked meals, game night, or a quiet evening with family and friends. It's where you always feel comfortable, safe, and secure.

At Salishan, our management teams live on-site, and are available 24 hours a day. Our food is truly made from scratch, and served right to your table along with a smile from our friendly staff.

Enjoy the convenience of our comfortable bus for scheduled appointments, shopping trips and other errands. We also regularly plan special excursions to cultural events, day trips, museums, and other places of interest. If you'd rather stay home, the choice is yours. It's easy to be as private or as social as you wish, Salishan features beautiful common areas and there's always a variety of planned activities and a chance to socialize with friends and neighbors every day.