The Cottages - Port Richey, FL

There's no place like this home!

The Cottages is a very cozy facility as each cottage is set up like a private home. Many of the activities are conducted in the cottages themselves. Staff is friendly and caring. Facility is on one floor so residents do not have to climb any flights of stairs. I live 20 minutes away from facility and I am at ease knowing my mother is in a safe, comfortable place.

Junkies

They hire people with track Mark's on their arms.
girls with 6 track Mark's ,looking high as hell taking care of the elderly.
If I can see them I know everyone else did
Not to mention she wears long sleeves in the summer ? No . They will hire ANYONE.
Everyone I know in this town has worked here but when a known junking that shoots up was hired I got mad because if that was my grandma I'd be worried if her meds where really going to her and if this were going to get stolen.

While He Lived Here

My dad decided to move out but he was happy and I was happy with the community and the staff. I liked the responsiveness from the staff. It was easy to get in touch with them and I was always able to reach out to them after the move in. I thought they were adequate for his needs. They were comfortable. They did a good job with housekeeping. The building looks a little more older but they put more money into the staff and activities. They tried their best and it is a good facility.

My visit

I did not get very far into this community as it smelled like a hospital when I visited. The people seemed nice. They did seem to offer some nice activities and dogs are allowed. I did not think this community would work for my loved one.

Wife Receiving Good Care in This Community

My wife is being provided with good care since her move to this community. She is doing well, and I'am comfortable with her move to this community. The staff is well, and they are taking good care of her, and her needs. This is a community I would recommend to my family, and friends. It is working out well for my wife.

It's a New Feeling

We are trying to get use to how it goes in this community. We are not use to a small room and it's like a new world to us. The staff are helping as much as possible. I have no complaints and I would recommend to family and friends.

They have been great here

I can not say enough about how accommodating the staff is. The nurse is fantastic and they have a doctor and podiatrist that come to the community. My mother in law likes bingo and exercise class. They also offer trips out. She has made numerous friends. This is an older building that they keep spotless inside. I would recommend taking a look at this community.

An amazing place!

My loved one is currently at The Cottages for respite care, and it is going absolutely wonderful. They are taking very good care of her. The place is clean and the meals are great, one day when she was late getting to the dining room, they had saved a seat for her knowing she was still going. I am very impressed with the way things are handled there.

Wonderful Community!!

I would recommend The Cottages to families in the search of a great community. It is well cleaned and everything is always in place. I feel that my mother is safe which is very important. The meals are good so far she has not mentioned anything bad about her meals. At the moment she is not engaging in activities but they are offered.

Everything is going well so far. The staff is great and the facility is nice, clean, and well taken care of. The residents are taken care of as well.

We are happy.

We are happy. I feel like they have done a good job of encouraging him to be more active. He is gaining a little more independence and starting to do better. They are doing a better job than the rehabilitation place, for about 5000$ a month less. We are pretty happy.

Their strong point is their staff

The staff at The Cottages treated mom really well. Their strong point is their staff, they are friendly and there is an abundance of them. The residents there treated mom well too, they were very warm and welcoming. It was an all around good experience here.