Forest Oaks of Spring Hill - Spring Hill, FL

I received a tour of the facility by [name removed] and [name removed], I was impressed by how neat and clean the facility is. Everything was organized from the cafeteria to the memory care unit to the resident hallways, I was also impressed by the wall of veterans that they pay tribute to in the main entrance. I would highly recommend this facility for the care of an elderly loved one.

[name removed]

It had a pee and ammonia smell to it. I like Nona. I liked were Nona once to put Dad.

Good care for mom

This is a great community . The staff here is very attentive and respectful. They are offered activities, but a little limited. the food is very good. I would recommend this community to other families for good care.

Forest Oaks of Springhill

The staff was extremely helpful in getting my Mom into the memory care which she needed. I found the staff very respectful and calming to all the patients.

Lovely but not for my mom

I have to say this is a great place everyone is so nice I walked around with Leigh the executive director.she was very informing we sat and talked for a bit , the place is lovely , which wing we were in I can't remember, I know it was very clean and looked great the house keeper have me some water as I was coughing, she was very nice and fast pase , however we went down a wing wow the smell there, a lot of dirty rooms , over all it was great , dinning was good and the staff was pleasant I was greeted by most the only down fall was the cleaning of a wing I did see the house keeper however she was not doing her job as she has the laundry door open and was just sitting there on phone. I would recommend this place to so many how ever it's just not what I'm looking for my mom thank you for a great tour and being so nice

I hig.hly recommend this wonderful facility

I can't say enough about Forest Oaks Memory Care Unit, they are wonderful! Leigh and Mona went above and beyond in helping me get my husband admitted in a timely fashion. Mona even came in on her day off to meet with me and give me a tour. My husbands memory loss was becoming very difficult for me to handle at home. His falls were also increasing. I had hired outside help to come in and help, but it wasn't enough. I can now rest knowing he is receiving care in a wonderful, affordable facility.

Older facility, dark and unattractive, and smelled extremely bad. Did accept Medicaid, however, and seemed adequately staffed.

Had To Move Out

This community does not have enough staff to keep a good eye on my husband. I told the staff but they were unable to fully watch him.He fell a few times here. The staff are nice people.

Great job

I have a loved one here i have to say the new faces and management is wow. The new executive director is only there for cuddos. The nurse haha no she walks circles when there. As for staff great the aids could be better as for clean that it is i know the people i have dealt with know more about my mother then the anyone. Two great people are Vickie and mandy two nice people who deserve so much more then they get i am talking title wise. Those two girls run circles around That building i see so much a wing needs a little improve but b wing always smells and looks great. The food is ok ti much of the same stuff. Mandy and vickie great job cause i know you dont 👂 it i have told lee the ed sevral times all i get is a i know. Ok then move those girls up great job one [Removed] of a team they take great care of my mom to 😍😍

Awesome job

I have to say that when I come to this facility to visit my loved one I am impressed that every time I come everybody is just so friendly and welcoming one in particular is a housekeeper named Amanda she goes above and beyond her daily job everytime I'm there she's constantly moving she stops and talks to the staff as well as the residence I've seen her playing with the residents and joking around I find that wonderful the way that she cleans her room as well as the Halls keeps me going that she's not only doing it for the pay the med-techs and aid are good but ,I have to say I see a lot of them sitting down on their phones that bothers me the kitchen is a wonderful place great food great staff I'm pleased with my decision on keeping my loved one there,😃 Amanda deserve so much more then just a housekeeping title underneath her title it should state I do all from caring and compassionate cleaning just like she would clean for her parents she's always very attentive the med-tech Debbie is wonderful I have to say that I'm pleased in so many ways the only thing that bothers me the most is that the higher up people do not recognize this I've yet to see anyone giving thank you or a pat on the back these people bust their butts from Debbie to Amanda I am very happy and I know that one day God will bless them as for Holiday Retirement you're doing a great job keeping staff on that deserves so much more God bless

The staff is amazing!

The staff at Forest Oaks is a ten! They are amazing. The staff is attentive to my mother who goes there to visit my dad all the time. The admin and the owner go out and interact with the residents and my mom. They make sure my mom is okay since she is there so often. They give dignity back to the residents. They go the extra mile to assist and aid the residents. Quality wise, the food seems fine.

Toured

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. This seemed like a nice enough place in terms of the care provided and the friendliness of the staff, but I just didn't think it looked as nice as some other options that I had seen in the area.

Concerned and confused

I am a friend of a resident, I have to say the place is beautiful, but certain staff are rude and take there staff for granted , the maintince man [removed] I heard talking to his staff I couldn't understand why I saw him screaming at one employee. She was holding her hand and left in tears as I stood in shock, for him to be so angry and yell makes me worry about my Friend. It's unexceptable to me to see a hard worker leave in tears but to yell down the hall I'm done with you wow, I see alot when I'm here but this took the cake. I think someone needs to do something about his anger and the way he talks. Other than that I'm pleased to say it's a great place, well keot, and clean food good but management needs to learn these are people too. I really feel bad for the girl , also I had just told art what. A great job she does on his room

The .5 in my overall rating is only because of certain estaff members but I wouldn't trust Forest Oaks to watch my dog! Residents wander around in dirty clothing, there are no activities except bingo and pokeno, management is more concerned with making money, "3 chef prepared meals" yet the chef is only there one day out of the entire week, the nurse and her assistant are late daily and don't have time to speak with the family, unlicensed resident aids are really the ones in charge of the residents and managament have also been overheard speaking negatively about residents and their families. If you care about youre family members well-being don't send them to Forest Oaks!

Holiday Retirement

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. Although I find the details of your review very concerning, I'm glad you brought them to our attention. The behavior you outlined in your feedback is not up to par with Holiday's expectation of our associates. I've passed your review onto our Resident Relations department to address. Please know that you're welcome to call them as well if you think of anything else to add. Their number is [removed].

Sincerely,
Katie

Second time here and had lunch

I visited the facility, the place was beautiful , the tour we took was very informative, I have to say it smells great we were taken down a wing and it was very organized , on our second visit and to have lunch we were waiting on Mona to finish up my mother who is 101 and very sharp had to go to the bathroom so we went back down a wing, while waiting on my mom I was greeted by a very friendly housekeeper her name was amanda she told me about the library, and the residents we laughed she walked us into the cafe where we ate the food was bland again waiting, amanda comes and sits down asks how the food is and told us more she definitely went above and beyond her job to make sure my mother was completely comfortable, I have to say a person like her is hard to find I will definitely be back , but I want to thank amanda for showing us so much more then we knew already she is a asset to your company and needs to be acknowledged all in all it was a great place and friendly people very satisfied with all the help

Our stay here was very short.

Our stay here was very short. I don't have a lot of experience, but everything I saw was good. I didn't really check out the activities and things, but I didn't see anything that was concerning at all. I would use this for a family member again.

Just started care with the community for Father, keeping watch on things

Our father has been in the community only two months and is making adjustment. So far the care and attention appears to be quite good. Keeping our eyes open on their monthly assessments that determine increasing level of care as well as costs, would think second opinions of increasing care needs would be appropriate. Also keeping eye on their pharmacy cooperator ( Omnicare) to ensure costs are in keeping with his Rx plan

A decent place to be at

Overall, its a decent place to be at. Everything has been going pretty well. We have only had a few minor issues but they have all been addressed. The staff and residents are all very friendly. The have a lot of activities.

We Appreciate Forest Oaks...Wonderful Community

My Father has been a resident for over a year. While he was in a room with a room mate he was very unhappy and stayed sick due to unhealthy room mates. My family and I decided to spend the extra money and get Dad a private room. He has been able to hang his pictures, has his own small refrigerator, and furniture. He is leagally blind so we, his family, purchased a Merlin Visial Enhancer and he is able to read using it. The Facility painted, put up border, and new flooring befor Dad was moved into his new space. He is much happier and during a recent stay in the hospital he stated that he missed his community of friends ar Forest Oaks. The staff and management have been nothing less than stellar in their care and cooperation with us. I am open for conversation if anyone should want to speak to me concerning our experience with Forest Oaks.

Horrible place to work for. I wouldn't even put my parents in this place they don't care about there residents or stuff. The management for Residents assistant is un fair to her hard working employees she favorites all the lazy ones and let them get away with [removed] they leave whenever they want stand there all day creating drama about all the hard working employees. All the good employees leave and quit cause they can't take it then they wonder why they are so understaff because they don't treat all the employees equal. The head management should wake up and realize she needs to get rid of the head nurse that runs the R.A and fire all the trouble makers and lazy workers if they did that all the employees would have still be working and they wouldn't be so understaff. The workers play like they are working and don't do nothing they don't care about the residents that they have to take care of it's heart breaking. The pay is low to they should pay more then what they pay especially that good workers work in a
hostile Environment

Holiday Retirement

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's home office in Oregon. These are some pretty serious accusations. We pride ourselves on having caring, dedicated associates, so we want to know more about what you've witnessed so we can investigate further. Please call our Employee Relations line at [removed] and select option 1.

Thank you in advance for your time. It's feedback from our residents and their families that make us better.

- Katie

no private rooms

We toured this facility after we toured Spring Oaks. This one has 1/3 more residents. It seemed a little older and less bright than the other one we visited. A private room was not an option here. The assisted living residents only outside option was out the front door. The enclosed outside area could only be accessed from the memory care community.
However, we do know one of the residents here and she is quite happy and wanted us to move our mother in there also but we chose not to.

My parent is living in the assisted l...

My parent is living in the assisted lived and has been attacked twice. Once by a room mate. Once by another woman who wanted to be first into the dinning. Staff never notified me of the incident my parent did. Both times she was hurt and needed medical attention. She does not feel safe to be around the other residents here. Staff doesn't seem to care. Only a paycheck and they are always in meeting and don't return calls.

Holiday Retirement

We're terribly sorry to hear about these instances with your loved one. If you haven't already, please reach out to our Resident Relations department. They are dedicated to investigating and resolving matters like these.

Expectations not met

My loved one was only there for a very short time. They interviewed him several times before admitting him. He had some behavioral issues, so all the aides became very timid. Better training for the staff would be a good thing.

Nice place, overall

Overall they've done a good job at Forest Oaks of Spring Hill. It's a nice looking facility, and the staff have all been very friendly and helpful. My loved one has had complaints about the food, but whenever I've visited it has seemed alright. It's something they could work on, but not a big problem.

Holiday Retirement

Thanks! We think our executive chef does a great job, but we know it's difficult to satisfy everyone's tastes. Our food service is something we are always working to improve, so we appreciate the feedback.

Caring and compassionate st...

Caring and compassionate staff. Always 'keeping an eye on' residents that are moving about, and can provide feedback to relatives immediately.

we liked it a lot, everythi...

we liked it a lot, everything works for dad.

Welcome to assisted living and memory care that will make you say WOW! Upon arrival at Forest Oaks of Spring Hill, you’ll notice both warmth and comfort. With beautifully appointed rooms, enticing amenities and a caring, friendly team, you’ll be proud to call our sun-kissed community home.

With us, life is full of fun, friendship, security and care. Our residents live exciting, enriching and truly great lives in a location that allows for both relaxation and recreation. Each day is a chance to be inspired and WOW!-ed at Forest Oaks of Spring Hill.