Atria Evergreen Woods - Spring Hill, FL

I like this one alot

Everything was very nice but they did not have licensing to aid with father in law’s oxygen.

really pleased with the care by the staff in our area and food service

Really impressed with the FRIENDLY care by area care givers, and the quality and service in the food service area

Was very impressed with Evergreen Woods. We have chosen for our Dad to live there.
Everyone from facility was wonderful. All the residents I spoke to seemed very happy.

Mom is still adjusting

The staff are pretty good here at Atria. They keep mom's room clean and they are doing what they can to help her adjust to living here. They are helping her with her medication. The food is basically good. I would recommend this community.

Amazing

The staff take good care of my aunt. They encourage her to participate in some of the daily activities they offer. We love the food and they have a lot of variety. The grounds are beautiful. They have a gorgeous pool, hot tub and a putting green. There is a beautiful fountain in front of the community you can sit around. The apartments and hallways are kept very clean. This community looks like a five star hotel and I would recommend it.

Fabulous

Beautiful, clean community. Food is wonderful and staff very friendly!! Pleasantly surprised. Loved everything about Atria!!

My visit to the community

We liked this community when we visited. The people we met seemed friendly and knowledgeable. The community was clean and seemed to offer daily activities. This is in a smaller town and I would recommend taking a look at this community.

We really liked this community and would recommend it to anyone. Clean, friendly, good food and everyone was very helpful.

I Didn't See Good Things

We were there for 10 months and it did not work out. There were some changes in the care and they couldn't provide the care anymore. I also saw tremendous changes and a huge staff turn over. There was a lot of attitude from the techs. The staff would complain a lot about being short staffed and overworked. This was not a good sign. It did not start this way when we first moved in.

Kate Vance

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback – it helps us to constantly improve. I’m sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations and I’d like to help. If you’d like to share more with me, please reach out directly at [removed]. From there, I can get a better understanding of the circumstances and determine who is best positioned to address this. Thank you!

Awesome place Great Staff

Atria Evergreen Woods is an amazing place! My father in law is a resident here. The entire staff as well as the other residents made him feel welcomed and very comfortable with his new home. The staff are always happy, friendly and more then willing to please. They have many activities to keep them busy and always encourage them to participate. The menu gives them a large selection to choose from. I personally have been there many times and am always amazed by the place. I can't emphasize any more what an incredible place this is, from the front desk to the maintenance staff to the great cleaning staff, the care givers and everyone in between the are all amazing people who truly love their job. I can only hope when I need a place like this I will have the same amazing people around me!

Family Pleased with This Community

We are pleased with my mothers move to this community. She is safe, and receiving good care. My brother is the main one that goes to visit, but from what he has told me everything is working out well. The community is well-kept, and the staff is friendly. She is doing well, and this is a community I would recommend. It is a nice place.

Pleasantly pleased

We've been impressed with all aspects of this facility and personnel since our father moved in on April 10th. Everyone is friendly and caring and know all the residents by name and remember their preferences. The food is good, too. Lots of activities everyday so he is more active than living at home.

I felt comfortable leaving my 94 year old mother there

I moved my mother.into Atria on March 15, so I don't yet really know how things really work there, but I had a very good impression when I left her there. Whenever I asked about getting the help she would need, I was answered in the affirmative, but without much detail, so I can only assume that she'll get what she needs. I was glad to learn that she would be checked on three times a day and would received med management. I was also told staff would follow up if she doesn't make it down for meals. Everyone was calm and helpful In their interactions with her that I observed. The food is first class. Her apartment is very quiet. I am a little concerned about the electrical outlets because none of them connected easily. I had to wiggle plugs to make connections. So all is well as far as I know at this time, but I live 1,800 miles away and must have faith.

A nice place

My uncle seems to like living at Atria. The staff are nice and friendly. He seems to like the food and he is staying busy. They keep the community clean and I would recommend it.

Very Nice Tour

I had a very good tour of this community. Everything looked great. You could tell they do a good job with the cleanliness. The staff was kind, and helpful. All my questions were answered. Their prices were to expensive for my budget, but my tour went very well. This is a really nice facility.

Pretty Nice Tour of this Community

My tour of this is community was a nice one. The community looked well-kept. From what I saw they do a good job with the cleanliness of the facility. The staff I met was friendly. It was a good experience,

Very Kind Community

I had a good tour of this community, everybody was very kind and helpful. From what I saw the community was nice and well maintained. Even though we chose to place some where else, they still extended their help out to us. One of the main factors in looking where to place my mother was our budget. Their rates were a little to high for us. It was a pleasant tour, this is a nice community.

Very nice... Clean, attractive, and sufficient help. Liked the facility and the price seemed in line with everything I saw. My top choice so far.

What a great relief

My parents recently moved into assisted living at Atria. I am quite sure they are comparing this experience to being on a cruise. Fine food, fun people and lots of events. The staff couldn't be more helpful or more friendly. They have a one bedroom deluxe apartment which has given them lots of room for their favorite furniture. They are very happy which is a great relief for me.

Mom Really Enjoys This Community

Everything is going very well for my mother at this community. I'am very pleased with all they have done for us. She has adjusted well to the community and she really enjoys it here. The staff is very good at what they do, they are caring for her very well. I had a few issues with the administration during the move-in process, but the care staff is wonderful. They do offer nice activities for the residents when they are ready to participate. She really enjoys the meals, the food is really good. This was a good fit for her and I would recommend it.

total care

the staff takes good care of my husband

A great experience so far

The grounds and facility here are beautiful and well kept and maintained. The staff is very personable and you ca tell that they really care. There are lots of activities to keep the residents entertained. Overall, a great experience so far.

Excellent memory care!

We're very pleased with how things have gone at Atria Evergreen Woods, so far! The facility is clean and well kept, and the staff all seem friendly and professional. My loved one is in their memory care wing and the aides have shown a lot of skill working with my loved one, they're able to keep her calm during times when she might normally not be.

Great until there are problems

All seemed well when my parents moved in to Atria Evergreen Woods. My mom was in independent living and dad in memory care. The staff in memory care was very kind to both my parents. However, under their care he developed raw wounds on his groin area. This led to his being aggressive when being cleaned. To be fair, he was on medication for aggressiveness but until the wounds appeared he wasn't a problem. Long story short they decided he needed psychiatric care to change his meds (no one mentioned the groin wounds) Rather than allowing the medication change time to take affect, they Baker Acted my father against his family's strenuous objections. They put an 85 year old alzheimer's patient in a psych hospital not capable of caring for patients with memory issues. Dad had no idea why he was moved, couldn't communicate with the staff and they only allowed my mother to say goodbye to him because they needed her to give them dad's information. For better or worse, he was transferred to a regular hospital the next day due to pnemonia that wasn't noticed by the Cedar Wood staff. The hospital psychiatrist thankfully rescinded the Baker Act but the damage was done. Dad stayed in the hospital for 2 weeks and never really recovered from the whole experience. He died 6 weeks later. When he left Cedar Wood for the Baker Act, he was walking and eating his meals with assistance. When I made it to the hospital 2 days later, he was barely conscious. ALSO.. the hospital staff were the ones to point out to me his severe groin sores. They said no wonder he was aggressive. It took the hospital all of the two weeks to get his sores healed. Those were a result of the care he received at Cedar Wood and his resulting bad behaviour was treated by Baker Acting him. On another cautionary note, upon his release from the hospital, I moved both parents closer to me. However, due to the Baker Act on my father's record, it was almost impossible to find a care facility to take him.
As for the independent care side, it was nice for mom but when she became ill with a flu that quarrantined several areas of the facility,t hey did not care for her as I was led to believe they would. They would bring her breakfast then not check on her until 7 that night. When I called to see what the protocol was for independent care when the person got sick, I was told that they would be assisted with meals for a few days, that's why living there was so great. I had to call the marketing director of the facility to get them to bring my mom a drink and soup, two days in a row. So, it is a nice place to live until your relative develops an issue.

Kate Vance

Please accept our deepest condolences for your loss. We’re very concerned to hear about your experience and would like to learn more. Please contact us directly at [removed].

Very Good Overall!

It's only been a month, but so far my parents like it. They are adjusting and it has so far been a very good experience.

Beautiful facility, lots of activities and amenities!

So far we are very pleased by how things have turned out at Atria Evergreen Woods! The facility itself is very nice, and we've been impressed by both the size of the room and the amenities provided! They have all sorts of different activities and events, and some beautiful outdoor areas. The staff here is also very friendly and professional, and they've provided excellent care for our loved one.

The staff is just lovely.

The staff is just lovely. They are very caring and very friendly. The place is always clean. My relative is very happy. The food is also very good. The value is excellent for all the services you receive. They offer a variety of activities to keep the residents busy. The activities are nice. The atmosphere is great. The Atria Evergreen Woods is just a nice place with nice people. I would recommend it.

Pleasant Place

Atria Evergreen Woods is a nice and pleasant place to live. Where all happy this is the place we chose. Everyone is considerate and caring for the elderly which is fantastic. The food is good and have a nice pool. The rooms are home like feeling.

When I first saw it I thought, "This is the place!".

I toured here when I was looking for options. When I first saw it I thought, "This is the place!". I really liked it a lot. It was definitely one of my top two. I spoke to one of moms nurses, and she said personally she would have chosen the other one, and so we did. I'm not sure I wouldn't choose different and go here, if I could go back and choose again.

New Home For Mom

Our quest to find an appropriate new home for Mom took us on a really sad journey through the Senior Living Health Care Industry. After looking at 21 different facilities, we believed that three were appropriate and took Mom to visit all three.

Mom fell in love with the Atria facility, staff, and fellow residents. Their staff made the move into her new home as painless as possible, and the other residents and staff have made her feel at home. I believe she best sums it up by saying she should have done this before now.

I am impressed with the level of care and concern expressed by all employees of their residents regardless of position. From the administrative front office to the maintenance department, the same level of care and concern for each is given. The genuine care and concern for each resident is obvious and truly appreciated.

Everything is fine, but wifi should be in all the buildings. Plus an ATM would be very helpful.

My parents are happy with it.

So far there aren't any concerns. Dad gripes about the food, but he used to be a cook, and nobody can do as good as he can. It's a nice place, and as far as I can tell they are happy with it.

The best place for Mom.

As I explored the senior living homes that Ireceived from a place for mom, I found that I Feel That Atria at evergreen woods of spring hill Florida was the nicest and cleanest of most of them, and very friendly people, Thats what I want for my 92 year old mom. Thinking she will be happy and do well there. The price of cause mattered but they all are close to the same, this one being a few dollars more, but for the good.

Felt warm and comfortable

After reviewing several other facilities in the area, this was the last one on our list. I must say that it was a very positive surprise. The facility felt very warm and inviting vs. some of the other places we went to. The person we met with was very engaging and informative. There was a strong interest in getting to know the person(s) involved. In this case was a parent for a respite stay initially. Everyone was very friendly and the people who worked there almost always knew the residents names.... "check that one off". Overall, the grounds were very beautiful and well kept, very nice dining facilities, pool area, and special events area. Their activity list went on forever!!! Residents we met seemed to be happy and friendly. They even had a happy hour!! Definitely must check this facility out. I can say that once we walked in, the surroundings felt like a next home for the parents.

Not happy!

Privacy issues were a problem for my family members. Staff would enter apartment at any time without notice. Food quality was poor. At first the staff was friendly and helpful but as a few days passed, that ended. We felt the security was lax. Back door was unlocked and accessible late at night. They lived in a back building so security was important. Also the dining area for their building was so far from the main dining room and kitchen, food was often cold and some foods offered in the main room were not available to them. So many promises to fix things in the apartment went unanswered. It was a bad experience for my parents.

Kate Vance

I am sorry to hear about your parents’ experience at our community. The safety and security of our residents is of utmost importance to us; your comments will be shared with the appropriate directors to ensure we are taking the proper measures to ensure this. We welcome you to contact us directly at [removed] if you feel we can be of further service to your family and if you include “Atria Evergreen Woods” in your subject line, we can quickly include the right people in the correspondence. We wish you and your family the best and are here to help.

Very nice place, overall

Atria Evergreen Woods has done an excellent job so far! It's a nice looking, clean facility, and the staff have all been friendly and professional. They seem to treat all of the residents with great respect, which is very important. The food in the assisted living and independent living sections is fantastic, although the food in the memory section seems to be a bit more standard fare.

It's been a really good place.

The staff is really friendly. They are very clean. She gets enough food, but we feel like when we buy a meal, and they are out of half the stuff and they don't offer a replacement. The quality of the food would be a four. There seems to be something going on all day. They seem to take pretty good about keeping them interested and offering lots of activities. They could do a little better with the housekeeping, they don't throw garbage away unless it's in the can. The same goes with the laundry, she won't put it in the hamper, so they don't take it. We liked how clean and the way they treated each other and us. They weren't just sitting grumpy in a wheelchair. It was a very up atmosphere. You didn't walk by one employee that did smile or talk to you.

It's a wonderful place. They are very clean, and extremely friendly.

It's a wonderful place. They are very clean, and extremely friendly. I really feel like it's worth the price, they do such a good job. They are very responsive. And they do have a good variety of activities going on. When it comes to the food the, quality, the kind and the amount, is plentiful. I really have no complaints. We had heard that it was a nice place, and we just liked it from the interview.

We are extremely happy, she is getting very good care.

We are extremely happy, she is getting very good care. and all the staff members appear to be crazy about her. It seems to be going very well.

Very friendly and communicative staff

So far they're doing an excellent job at this facility. It is very clean and well kept, and the staff have all been very friendly. One thing they've been particularly good at is staying in communication with the families of the residents. They're always quick to contact us regarding any issues that arise.
My loved ones have said that the food has not been all that impressive, although they do like the desserts!

Home at last

This has been the perfect place. The staff is very friendly and helpful, they are always smiling. And with everything going on, there just isn't enough hours in the day. The place is very clean and service is excellent.

Peace of Mind

My mother and father are in their 80's and were in need of Assisted Living care. I toured several ALF's in the area and moving them to Atria Evergreen Woods was by far my #1 choice. The staff is extremely caring and attentive and very aware of changes in care needs if it should arise. I truly believe they take a genuine interest in getting to know their residents and family members. The staff at Atria Evergreen Woods is always there. I receive periodic updates which gives me excellent feedback on how mom and dad are doing. I know they are safe and receiving the level of care they need. Atria Evergreen Woods provides several levels of care, including Memory Care. I highly recommend a tour!

The daily meals and snacks have a list of options. The activities are both mentally and physically stimulating and entertaining. There is something for everyone should they choose to participate. Birthdays and holidays are always celebrated. Residents are treated with respect and they live as independently as they can. I have absolute peace of mind knowing that my parents are in the hands of caring people.

Great care, very friendly staff

We had a few issues when my loved one moved in, but they've been great about working with us and things have gotten much better. It's a very nice looking facility, and they keep it looking well kept and clean. Any time we have had issues they've been able to work with us to get things cleared up.

Compassionate Care At Its Best

My mother has lived at Atria Evergreen Woods for the past 5 years and we cannot say enough about the great care she has received from the staff.
Last week we celebrated her 99th birthday at the complex, in the facilities by the pool. The staff could not have been more helpful, from deciding what to eat and drink, through decorating and setup. They accommodated our every wish happily and made sure we did not run out of anything important.
This experience tops off the excellent personal service from the nursing staff, front desk, dining staff, administration, etc., that we experienced during my mother's time here.
Recently we have had to up Mom's level of care. The staff came together to let us know what was available and helped us in every aspect of it; their compassion for this tough time in Mom's life is unwavering, enabling us to navigate the different ways we can make Mom comfortable.
Thank you so much.

Nice place, but we had an issue

This was a nice enough place, the staff were friendly and the place was always well kept and clean. However, at one point my loved one needed to be taken to the hospital, and we gave specific instructions on which hospital she was to be taken to, but they ended up sending her to another. Although this place was good overall, that situation was not acceptable and we ended up moving her to another facility.

Kate Vance

Thank you for your feedback on your experience. We take our residents’ safety very seriously and I apologize if your hospital preference was overlooked in this situation.  It is always disappointing when a resident moves out and we do hope your mother is happy in her new home. I am glad that you were happy with our community overall.  If you would like to discuss this with us in further detail or we can be of any help, please contact us at [removed] and  be sure to include "Atria Evergreen Woods" in the subject line.

They were very clean. They were wonderfully friendly.

They were very clean. They were wonderfully friendly. They did give him good care. They had a lot of activities when he wanted to get involved. He was a good eater and he ate everything they gave him. I chose this because I was looking for a memory care unit and they had that. I especially liked that he was involved with people with the same problems. They weren't mixed. They treated him well. I felt very comfortable leaving him because I knew they would take care of him, he was in good hands.

She's Very Happy

She loves it! She is very happy there, she really is. The girl Stacy was so sweet, we just knew it was the right place.

I toured 3 different communities and ...

I toured 3 different communities and found this one best suited my mom's needs. It had everything she needs and is close to my house so I can check in on her regularly. Very friendly, caring, and helpful staff. Great amenities.

Evergreen Woods

Very well organized and managed. Staff seems to care about residents and everyone was very friendly and treats residents with compassion and respect. There appear to be a number of activities and I saw that residents seemed to be engaged in what was going on rather than staying in their rooms.

There are 3 areas - independent living, assisted living and memory care. Staff-patient ratio seemed good.

It is an older property, but seems to be well-maintained. There aren't many choices for memory care in the area but we felt comfortable that my mother will get the care she needs at this facility.

Beautiful place, very frien...

Beautiful place, very friendly, enjoyed lunch. Too expensive of our budget

Excellent care

Everything is wonderful there, I could never find another staff as kind, as compassionate, as caring as they are. They really take good care of my mother and even though right now she's not doing that well they try to get her up and get her down to the dining room and get her to socialize. I work full time so there's really no way for me to take care of her the way they do. She's always clean, they comb her hair, she's always dressed, they make sure she gets down to the hairdresser and they do try their very hardest. The value is there, no matter when I come to visit, her hair is always brushed, her room is clean and its not like she's in her pajamas all the time. Even the people that clean the floors know the residents names, they treat them with respect and they know what they like; they always make a special effort.

Received call from the director. Pri...

Received call from the director. Private Pay. Respit care $135/day. Assisted Living $1,495/mth. Memory care $3,870/mth. Can provide a 3 week respit care.

moving in the end of april

moving in the end of april

Nestled within 16 wooded acres, Atria Evergreen Woods is one of our most welcoming independent and assisted living communities. A dedicated Life Guidance® memory care program is also available at this location. Enjoy amenities like the new pool, putting green, shuffleboard court, and nature trails, making senior living active and fun. Atria Evergreen Woods is conveniently located near fine dining, shopping, the beaches of Pine Island and Rogers Park and the Weeki Wachee Springs in Florida. Residents also enjoy delicious dining, dynamic calendars with more than 200 monthly events, and the freedom to choose which opportunities to explore next.