My mom is happy with this home.

My mom is happy with this community. Staff is excellent. My mom has no complaints. A beautiful community all over the grounds are kept up and the room is clean. My mom likes to watch others do activities. She would recommend this to others needing a good community.

Very Good Care

We think that they took very good care of our mother at Rose of Sharon. They did not have a nurse on staff and they could have beefed up their activities, but other than that we liked the place and are happy with it.

good placement

Things are really going well at Rose of Sharon. It was a good placement for her. It is much smaller than the previous place and that is better. The food is quite good too. Overall so far everything is going extremely great here.

Best Place

I would definitely have my dad their again. It was over all a great experience for my loved one. It being a good clean community and the friendliness. I couldn't have picked a better place for my dad to go their.

We are really pleased with the service where she is.

We are really pleased with the service where she is. We have no problems, it's a nice well maintained home. The staff is really good, and it's like they want to be there, not like it's a job. We are real happy she is there.

Excellent

They’ve been excellent. I think they are very kind and caring. They keep the place very clean. They’ve been very good with dealing with our loved one’s Alzheimer’s Disease - keeping her very distracted and calm.

They are doing a great job.

They are doing a great job. They are very friendly. They are a good value, and really good at responding to needs, concerns and requests. If they are having activities, though, I don't know about them. They aren't posted and we aren't updated, and our loved one doesn't remember. That would be the only concern. The food always smells good, so I think it's pretty good. This was very homey feeling, which is why we picked it.

Lived there 45 days

The staff and facility are really nice, my Mom told me she likes living there.

Quality service by caring people.

Rose of Sharon is a group of nine homes in the Denver Metro Area. My mother was cared for by the Rose of Sharon Assisted Living home in Aurora, Colorado for the last three months of her life. She went there following hospitalization and extended care which was unsuccessful in returning her to her previous assisted living center. The home is large and airy, very clean and cared for. There is a beautiful walk-in tub in a room that is warm when bathing. The couple who are in charge of care live in a basement apartment and provide consistent, family home style care. Once the residents leave their bedrooms for breakfast, they usually stay in the living room area, next to the kitchen area of the great room, unless they request to return to their own room. When the residents are in the center of the house, they are always visible to staff and they can see the normal activity of the house. The food is good, although there is a lot of chicken used as the center of the meals. Physicians, P.A.'s, and therapists for all needs came into the home to provide special care for the residents. I was able to participate in my mother's care every day, including helping her at mealtime, joining in the weekly song time, or just sitting with her in the living room watching television.
This is not really a home for active seniors, but it could be. I have rated the activities as 3-star, but this is because the home did not have a wide variety of activities due to the needs of the residents. The residents who were there at the same time as my mother were limited in their abilities to participate in most activities. The program did have puzzles and games as well as a weekly sing-along presented by a volunteer father/son team. Some residents took a supervised walk around the block. The residents usually preferred to watch television, but most all participated in the singing. The owner, Lina, was responsive to meeting with family to discuss concerns or suggestions, and facilitated hospice following discussion and request. I'm sure if the home were to get a resident with a higher level of abilities who wanted additional activities, Lina would find a way to get it provided. Lina negotiated the cost of her program based upon my mother's needs, and wrote letters and monthly reports to facilitate payment from insurance programs. I am pleased with the care provided by Lina and her staff, and would happily have my mother live in their care again.

I was very impressed with the facilit...

I was very impressed with the facilities but most importantly, I was super impressed with the staff (who smiled); the obvious care given to the residents (they were smiling too); and with an owner who took the time to answer questions. I was in a panic before A Place for Mom helped find Rose of Sharon. My mom is now a resident of another Rose of Sharon location.