Serenity House II - Englewood, CO

Better than I expected

I was able to tour other places and I wasn’t impressed. When I got to the Serenity House II, I was amazed. It’s better than I expected. The staff really makes my father feel valued. It is a smaller-sized facility and the quality of the staff is wonderful. They do a really good job communicating with me, staying on top of his medications, and letting us know when to reorder his medications. The staff really does keep track of things. They even come in the room and let him know that he needs to drink more fluids. In the generation we are now, everyone is really attached to their phones. When it comes to the staff, they’re not preoccupied with their phones. They take the time to talk with the residents. I cannot begin to explain how amazing they are and how they take their job seriously. The staff treats my father with dignity. They actually take the time to listen to his concerns and they don’t disregard his complaints. As far as the food goes, my dad loves it. He does have specific food needs because he has a hard time swallowing and the caregiver adapts to what he needs. They have a variety of meals and they do take requests for what he wants. Quite often the staff brings in juice or ice cream as a treat. The facility is extremely clean and I’m honestly amazed at how clean it is. They go in and change my father’s garbage, vacuum, and do his laundry every day. Even though my dad doesn’t like to participate in activities they do have a person who schedules activities like bingo, dominos, and they help them walk around after meal time for about 10 minutes. I would really recommend this community.

Michael Zislis

Thank you so much for providing your review. We are happy that you have allowed us to provide assisted living services for your family member.

Good community

My mother moved here recently and things are going well. We chose this community because of recommendations from friends and loved ones. I would recommend them.

Michael Zislis

Thank you so much for providing your review. Please let us know if you ever have any suggestions or special requests.

To far away!

Me and my husband took the tour and it was a lot like the other Serenity that we went to. We liked the staff and the community. They were very helpful and knowledgeable. The place was just to far for us.

Michael Zislis

Thank you for considering Serenity House Assisted Living as an option for your family member.

Mike Zislis

Very fortunate to have them!

This community was perfect for me and my husband. The staff took really good care of the both of us and we liked it here. They are very good with whatever they do and I am very fortunate to have been able to find this place for us.

Michael Zislis

Thanks so much for proving us with your review.

They Do A Good Job

I think that they do a very good job taking care of all of the residents over at the Serenity House. It is a tough gig, overall I would have to say that I am very happy with all of the care-givers working there.

Michael Zislis

Thanks for your review. Please let us know if there is ever anything that we can do to optimize the experience for your family member.
Mike

happier there than anywhere else

They really went out of their way to help us get my sister in law moved into Serenity House. They helped with filling out the forms, with the move-in process, and everything. We have visited there a number of times and always find that Theresa, the house mother, does a wonderful job keeping everything under control. She is aware of all the interactions between the residents and does a great job with them.

The food is very good and nourishing as well. My sister in law is excited because she is losing weight and is very healthy. She is happier there than she is at any other facility, including her own home.

Michael Zislis

Thanks so much for providing your review. Please let us know if you ever have any questions or special requests.

MIke Zislis

Best place I know of for elderly parent(s)

Both our parents are at one of the Serenity houses and like it very much. They had been in a larger institutional sized location but Mom was having problems with the big size and number of people due to on set of dementia so once we moved them to Serenity she was much better.
We feel that for the type of care that many elderly need this is by far the best way to go. Small in size. Feels like home. More attention when needed. Home cooked meals. Great food. Secure environment. Friendly and very helpful staff.
We found out about Serenity House through the referral service "A Place for Mom" Great place to start when looking for a place for our parents.
Can't recommend Serenity House enough. They are the BEST!

Michael Zislis

Thank you for taking the time to do this review. It is an honor and privilege to provide assisted living services for your parents.

The small setting is nice

For memory care, they do a good job. I don't really have a good rating for the activities, though. I do know that they keep it very clean - they're cleaning all the time! I've seen what they eat, and the food seems fine. Communication could improve a little, but the staff is amazingly patient with the residents. Also, the small setting is very nice, and the size of the place is good. I would recommend them.

Michael Zislis

Jim- Please see below. This site does not publish phone numbers. So, Please call Joanne, the Activity Coordinator at our office. Thanks so much.

Michael Zislis

Jim- Thank you so much for taking the time to do this review. It is an honor and privilege to provide assisted living care for your loved one. I will share your concern with Joanne our activity coordinator, and she will be in touch to get your input and to see which communication areas need to be expanded. If we are unable to identify your number, please call Joanne at [removed]. Finally, please let us know if you should ever have any other requests in the future.
Best Regards, Mike

Excellent care, with a few issues

We were really happy with the service here. They were very caring, and completely able to handle the 24 hour dementia care that my Mom needed. There were a few issues that we had, however. Mom needed help moving around, and the women who worked here were all very small and struggled when it came to some of the movement help Mom needed. The other issue we had is that English was not their first language, so when they would talk amongst themselves during the day it wasn't something Mom could participate in.

Michael Zislis

Thanks so much for taking the time to do this review. I am glad that we were able to provide care for your mother. We have created additional assisted living locations with an expanded staffing model that are more equipped to handle residents with greater physical and or cognitive support needs. We will re- instruct staff who speak English as an additional language to be sure to only speak English when they are within the resident's hearing range.

Serenity House Assisted Living, winner of the State Health Department “Best Practice” award is one of the largest residential care home providers in Colorado. With 16 homes in the Denver metropolitan area, Englewood, Centennial, Lakewood, and Littleton, Serenity House is in the unique position of being able to offer its residents the best of all worlds----a small, intimate residential living environment along with the policies, procedures, structure and stability that come with having 120+ total beds.

Serenity House, which has been in business since 1998, is operated by Michael Zislis, PT, a licensed physical therapist with over 30 years of experience in rehabilitation. Serenity House has the full spectrum of assisted living services available, including assistance with mobility, medications, incontinence management, personal hygiene, meals, laundry, housekeeping and hair care services. All of the homes are wheelchair accessible and have on-call in house physician and nursing services.

Serenity House is uniquely positioned to provide its residents with a variety of activities that are designed to be enjoyable as well as to enhance independence. Our award winning Activity Director and her staff organize both in-home activities and community outings in the Company’s new fully accessible 15 passenger bus. Each of the homes has a computer station with internet connectivity, a vegetable/flower garden and large screen HDTVs with gaming systems for the enjoyment of our residents.

Inquire now and become a member of the Serenity House extended family.