Rose Estates - Overland Park, KS

The Experience Since Moving In

After we moved my mother-in-law into the community, she is doing great.

Mom in Law Doing Great Here

My mother in law is doing great since her move to this community. She really likes it here, and we are comfortable with her move here. Everybody here is very helpful, and kind. The community looks great when we come to visit. We know she is safe, and in good hands in this community. The experience is going well, and I would recommend this community.

Flexible Eating Hours!!

One thing we appreciate about this place is that they are flexible with their eating hours. Residents have a 2-hour window to eat each meal instead of a set time. For the most part, my mother is satisfied with the meals, but occasionally they are not as good. Not the quality we thought they would be. They have a varied menu, with one particular item they bring out right away for residents who would like something fast, and the rest is cooked to order. The place is clean, and they have a variety of activities. My mother has begun to participate in swimming. Everyone is very friendly and helpful.

My own space!

I was able to take a tour of this property and we did enjoy it. The director was extremely helpful and friendly. Answered all our questions and took us around. I just did not like the room situation with sharing.

Rose Estates Evalition

Overall we are pleased with Rose Estates. It is clean, food is good and staff is friendly and welcoming.

My issue right now - Mom cannot put any weight on her left leg because of a fractured hip. She has had to wait for help to assist her in getting off the toilet - one time was 30 minutes and another 25 minutes. I understand that the help might be busy with other residents, but I think that is way too long. Is there enough help?

Mom is paying for Level #2 Assisted Living Care. I don't have any details in front me as to what that covers.

Valuable Care Is Here

My dad's experience with the community is really good. He is around nice and attentive staff and caregivers who I am able to communicate with at any point. For the most part my dad is enjoying his meals and getting use to meals that are not familiar. They have activities available but my dad is not involved, he is getting interested, hopefully he will join soon. Overall, he is doing really good here and I would recommend them.

Care for Mom

We are struggling to get the necessary attention for which we chose Rose Estates and were assured was available for our mother. We are disappointed in the care provided and frustrated by the lack of effort on the part of the Rose Estates staff to meet our needs at this time. We hope this will change but right now it is up to the family to monitor her needs and respond to frantic calls for help from her which are the result of failure of the staff to be monitoring her medical needs.

Atmosphere has deteriorated

The turnover of staff had suddenly become an issue after years of consistency, friendliness and great quality of care. One could feel the happiness and family-like atmosphere in the halls, but they lost their manager to retirement, their cooking staff all left (food quality has completely deteriorated) and their fantastic handyman who practically whistled while he worked also left. Newer staff members do not have the training they need to deal with the elderly. Some (not all) staff members are cranky, disrespectful, and, in fact, downright bullying and rough with residents. Hopefully this is just a temporary issue and they will get a grasp on all of it, but for now, the family atmosphere and cooperative team feeling and support have not only declined, but reversed. This is a lovely facility and until all of the recent turnover of staff, we have been extremely happy with the care offered at Rose Estates. There are still staff members there who are wonderful and amazing, but they appear to be frightened or intimidated and less enthused about their jobs.

Great staff

The staff here is great. They are helpful and they communicate well with us. The building is always clean and fresh smelling. The level of care here is great and they go above and beyond to make sure the people here are well take care of.

excellent experience!

From the time I walked in the front door at Rose Estates and met with Joe, I was well informed of everything, had a really good tour, and everything went well. I told him of some past negative experiences I'd had at other places. I was apprehensive to say the least as I had previously moved mom twice in a short time. They put my mind at ease, and everything has gone very well. Kristine is a peach and a half. The handyman is very friendly as well. Everything is great, and any time there is an issue with mom they call me and I am able to talk to her. The food is very good also. It has been a wonderful experience. Everyone there is great and willing to help you any time you need something.

great value

Though my husband does not take place in the activities, they have two wonderful activity directors that provide a wide variety of activities on a regular basis.

My husband gives them a few challenges but they take it all in stride and do a good job handling him. They are very caring and personable with the residents, getting to know each of them personally by name. There is a very homey atmosphere to it that I didn't find in a lot of other places I visited. They also don't pile on the extra charges that I have noticed other places do. They are very up front and transparent about what the charges will be. They have better 24 hour nursing coverage than a lot of other places. It is a great value.

The only area for improvement I can think of is that my husband has mention the servers that serve the meals don't seem to have much serving experience.

I was very impressed with it.

This was one of the places we toured when we were looking into options. It was in my top two, I was very impressed with it. The gentleman that showed me around was wonderful and the residents seemed very happy with him. It came down to the location and the other place was a little closer to me. This was very nice though, I would recommend it.

Nice place, friendly staff

Things have gone pretty well so far with Rose Estates! It's a clean, well kept community, and the staff have all been very friendly. They offer a good amount of amenities and care for their residents, and also do a decent job with the food!

Good for those who need little assistance

My sister did well here as long as her health was pretty good. However, when she required more attention, it became obvious that there was inadequate staffing

Very friendly staff, and great care!

Rose Estates was recommended to us by a few friends, and overall we've been very pleased with how things turned out! We moved my loved one here from another facility that we had a very bad experience with, and were feeling very apprehensive about looking for a new community. Joe, the PR person here, spent over an hour on the phone with us, reassuring us and answering all our questions. The care here is very very good! The staff are extremely polite and easy to work with, I never feel like I'm bothering them when I check in on my loved one and ask about her care. The facility itself is a very clean nice looking place, and it has a comfortable homey atmosphere. It is also a safe and secure building, with a security code system at every entrance.
The only issue I've had is that it can be difficult to get in touch with specific people at times. The front desk people are not willing to track down your loved one or specific employees if they are not immediately available.

Nice looking place

We looked into this community when we were searching for options for our loved one. We were impressed by what we saw during our tour, and this was one of the four that we were considering. It was a nice looking community, everyone was friendly, and the residents looked happy. We ended up going with another one of the options due to the pricing and location being slightly more convenient.

Best choice for my mother

From the time we first looked at local assisted living facilities until the time my mother moved in, we have been very pleased with all aspects of the community at Rose Estates.

My mother is adapting nicely to her new surroundings and the assistance she receives from the nursing staff.

We look forward to a great relationship with Rose Estates now and in the future.

Small with @ 80 people. Fri...

Small with @ 80 people. Friend of Dad's is here.

One of my top picks. Nice, clean faci...

One of my top picks. Nice, clean facility. Spacious apartments. Great amenities. Residents seemed happy and cheerful. So did staff. Very accomodating to resident's and family's needs. Not a secure facility, and noticed too many perfumey smells that would bother my mother's asthma. Would highly recommend this facility otherwise.

-Liked the director. -nurse in build...

-Liked the director. -nurse in building 24/7 - LOVE THAT -Full fridge and microwave -Encourages Hospice if desired -Docs make visits here or they -will take to dctor apt if in area.

The Brand New Rose Estates Assisted Living is nestled in a central and quiet neighborhood in the heart of Johnson County. You can enjoy “Independence when you want it and assistance when you need it”. Living at The Rose Estates is a permanent vacation. Let us work for you!

Our month to month rent includes: three chef prepared meals per day, snacks, weekly housekeeping, utilities (except phone and cable), weekly laundry and linens, group in-door pool activities, state of the art emergency nurses call system, 24 hour available licensed nursing, free billiards and arcade games and a chance to socialize with those who share your interests. Choose from a Large Studio, One or Two bedroom apartments.

If you need some assistance with your daily living activities, we have an ala-carte service program to customize to fit your needs. The Rose Estates can assist you with mobility, bathing, dressing, medication administration and monitoring, eating, special diets, transfer, wound care, catheter care and much more! We will accommodate at The Rose Estates!!