Lamar Court - Overland Park, KS

For good care, look elsewhere

If I could rate it zero stars, I would. My moms room was left unclean until a private pay nurse came and yelled at them for neglecting to clean her room and bathroom. The administration changes every few months and seems to have gotten worse each time.
After experiencing a fall, my mother was taken to the hospital and then to rehab. When it was time for her to return home to Lamar court, i was told that she could not come back (they said this before reassessing her). They didn’t even have the courtesy of telling my mother directly (and she had been living there for seven+ years! They gave me two days to find her a new home.
If you want honest people and good care, look elsewhere because you will not find it at Lamar court!

Very nice layout

What I love about the facility is their layout. The actual property, from what I understand, was previously own by Sprint a part of what was like a corporate hotel. The floor plan of the place is in a V/L shape so it is an easy layout. For residents who have dementia it’s rather easy to navigate compared to a traditional square floorplan. I liked the staff as well; they seemed friendly and very flexible. With other properties they set a one hour time for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It was too much of a regime for my loved one. However here, there are open hours and people can go eat anytime that they want. Another thing that was beneficial is that they accept Medicare after 12 months of private pay. Overall, I would recommend this facility to others.

Room Improvement, but Overall Father is Okay

My father is doing okay since his move to this community, but I do have some concerns. He is still adjusting, and I do feel he is safe, and in good hands. One of my concerns is they are slow with getting anything fixed. He has had a/c problems, door issues. The responsive time of the maintenance needs to be quicker. The staff is kind, and very helpful. I do have to let my father know that they are there to help him when he needs it. His room is pretty clean, but they are doing some updating around the community. So the cleanliness of the community isn't the best. Hopefully when they are done, the cleanliness improves. I have had a meal, and the food is good. My father seems to like the meals. Overall there is room for improvement, but I would recommend this community.

Be cautious but trying to improve

Lamar Court keeps trying...Seems like consistent staffing turnover as well as quality maintenance challenges. Finally getting much delayed updating. Cooks change more than the menu. Reminders for your loved one needs are an asset. Medical staff tries -- had has improved of late. Organization would be key improvement.

Current director is trying to improve the property but so much to do. Fairly good activities for residents to enjoy. Nice to have a stylist come for residents.

Caring bunch!

Things have gone really well here for my loved one. We love the staff and how friendly and caring they are. My loved one has started to get involved with some of the activities that they offer. They have indoor activities and outings that they go on. The food taste good and there is variety.

Pretty good place!

The community at Lamar Court seemed to be pretty nice. The staff that offered the tour were very friendly and courteous. They were upfront and honest with everything. We did not choose Lamar Court because they did not offer the level of care that our loved one required.

My Mother enjoyed the activities and food offered by Lamar Court. The layout of the facility was very confusing to her in light of her memory issues.

Not An Honest Community

We did not have a good experience with this community. They did not care for my father and his needs well at all. The management is not very good here. They are not good at responding to my concerns. I feel like they are not very honest and are hiding things. Their skilled nurses do not have licensees. Also we had some insurance problems. They lied to my father and I would never recommend this community to anybody.

License should be revoked

Run don't walk away from this facility. It's filthy and run poorly with a revolving staff. If you want to provide all the care while they take your money; then this is the place for you!

Mom's Happy

My mother in law has been here for about two months. The staff is great, they have really pulled her in to the activities, she tells us that she's busy. She looks forward to getting her nails and hair done every week. We eat there at least once a week and enjoy the food.

It's very clean and the staff is really friendly.

It's very clean and the staff is really friendly. They seem to be attentive and responsive to any requests or concerns. I'm not real familiar with the activities, but they did have a painting class. I'm having a little trouble with the billing. I have heard good things about the food, but I have not tried the food myself. It would also be nice to have a little bit of detail accompany any complaints or concerns that might come up, and be brought to the attention of the family. Some suggestion of what to do, would be nice.

Wonderful Community for Seniors

My mother lived at Lamar Courts for about 6 weeks before she passed away. Her apartment was small but very nice and the meals were great. There was lots of variety and it was prepared very well. The staff was so friendly and kind. They knew all the residents names and made them feel special. She was well cared for by the CNAs and the nurses. I can't say enough about how accommodating every one was from the front desk to the nurses office. The community areas were cheerful and decorated lovely. Although my mother did not participate, there were so many activities offered every day. We were so happy with the care my mother received at Lamar Courts and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a Senior Living Community.

It's going pretty good so far.

It's going pretty good so far. It's definitely clean. Everyone is pretty friendly. They have activities, getting people to go is more of the issue. They have it set up where you order food off a menu, which works better for my loved one.

Communication and follow through have...

Communication and follow through have been challenging. They say the right things but then I have to ask repeatably. Food is ok but limited choices & not always practical for seniors ( chili is on the menu but not chicken noodle soup). Extremely limited male staff especially for the number of male residents.

Very good! Very Friendly

I’d give the staff a six out of five! My loved ones have been there a few months and they just have had no complaints, very friendly people. The food is good. They enjoy the activities. There is enough parking. I looked at a lot of communities before picking this one.

Friendly and caring; but dated

Terrific staff. Very attentive and caring. Outstanding food, too. They could stand to update their decor a bit - a bit "late 1980s" in theme. Something to make the lobby and living areas much brighter and cheerful would help.

Thanks 'a place for Mom' for finding Lamar Court

What a relief to have found lamar court through 'a place for mom'. Not only is the facility clean and updated with GREAT FOOD, but the staff is incredible. It is no wonder they won the Pinnacle Award last year for Assisted living facilities in Johnson County. My mom is happy there and that is what makes all the difference.

This is the first one we looked at. I...

This is the first one we looked at. It seems good, maybe not as much hanging out with people as we'd like but friendly and nice. We like the level system.

Your search is over. One look at the beautifully manicured lawns, spacious apartments and elegant décor, you’ll know this is a great place to call home. Lounge by the fire, watch your favorite television program or listen to the player piano with your friends. Birds singing and crickets chirping complement Lamar Court’s tranquil surroundings. The atmosphere is family-oriented, warm, relaxed and the embraces the small town values and charm of Overland Park, Kansas. With fall’s vibrant foliage and spring’s lush greenery, Lamar Court is picture-perfect. We are minutes away from Menorah Medical Center, Metcalf South Shopping Center and enjoy the natural beauty at Overland Park Arboretum and Botanical Gardens. It’s a wonderful place for an outing with great walking trails and magnificent water gardens or Shawnee Mission Park has it all from serene lakes to oak-hickory forests. Sports fans, Kansas City Royals and Kansas City Chiefs are only a coin toss away. With easy freeway access, everything Overland Park and Kansas City have to offer is just around the corner.

Assisted living at Lamar Court is designed for senior adults who wish to maintain their independent lifestyle but need some additional assistance. Our goal is to give you more time to pursue those activities you love. Life is meant to be lived and enjoyed at Lamar Court. You can truly have it all!