Lovely, overpriced, bad coordination of care

My mother has been in their skilled care facility (i.e. nursing home) for eight months. It is a lovely facility. The staff seems to be dedicated. It is very expensive Just got a notice it is $398 /day starting July 1. Not worth it. I have had countless problems coordinating care for my mother. One department (nursing, rehab, activities, food services, beauty salon) cannot coordinate with the other department My mother even received duplicate medical services from different practitioners.. He care meetings are not regularly attended by all services as required. Communication is horrible. Everything looks nice from the outside., but if you are an active caregiver, its a different story. I cannot speak to assisted or independent living.

Roland Park Place is wonderful

I was immediately impressed with Roland Park Place. They offer many options for residents from independent to nursing care. Roland Park Place provides a number of "apartments" where couples can live that offer the conveniences of apartment living with the full care facility and amenities attached. The grounds were clean and staff was friendly. Roland Park Place has private dining facilities where residents can invite their families to have a large meal with cooking done by the community. When my grandmother had a stroke she was moved into the area where residents are under almost constant supervision by nurses and staff. I was impressed by the level of care available to my family members. Her rehabilitation was progressing very well until the time of her death. My grandfather who still lives there has found comfort in the number of other residents with which he has become friends. He enjoys the activities and trips available to residents and has even met a girlfriend of sorts. Overall I am impressed with Roland Park Place and I am glad my grandfather has found a community that suits his needs.

I Cannot Say Enough Good Things About Roland Park Place

My very active 76 year old parents moved from their home in Towson to Roland Park Place a little over 4 years ago. They couldn't be happier! They have fully immersed themselves in all the offered activities-bridge, tennis, cultural activities, field trips, gym, and active classes to only name a few. While I, as their daughter, do live in town, they are so busy enjoying all the new friendships and activities, that we hardly have a chance to visit! My husband and I can attest to the delicious food in their dining room, as well as their cafe which is open as an alternative to their dining room. We especially love the Sunday brunches which can rival any of our local restaurants-not only with the quality but also the quantity of the food served! For them this move was fantastic! We would highly recommend this Roland Park Place for anyone looking for this type of living situation! If down the road they need memory care, assisted living, skilled nursing, etc those services are available right on the grounds so one spouse can remain nearby. Everything is perfect!

Roland Park Place is Wonderful

I've visited a number of retirement communities that--on the surface--appeared exceptional; however, most ended up falling short of expectations due to various reasons (ie. lack of profession, lack of sanitation, poor atmosphere, costs disproportional to offerings, etc). Roland Park Place Retirement Community in Baltimore does not fall into this grouping. From the moment I walked through the doors, I was impressed by the skills and professionalism of the staff. Unlike other communities, Roland Park Place employs trained, educated professionals. You need not worry whether your loved on is receiving proper treatment at this location. Additionally, the facility is properly maintained and cleaned. It could easily be mistaken for a high-rated hotel. The apartments are spacious and comfortable. At the end of the day, I'd have a hard time recommending a better establishment.

Outstanding is the word for Roland Park Place

Wow Roland Park Place is the best-kept secret in Baltimore. The community and the staff are the real-deal. Quality exceeds expectations.

Roland Park Place has the best staff! They are always smiling. When help is needed they are always their to support your loved one. I am so glad I chose Roland Park Place for my father.

Roland Park Place was great. The staff was very welcoming and understanding of the residents. They had great patience and created a great community of comfort and acceptability that anyone could be here. The community was great and all in pristine condition. I would recommend Roland Park Place to anyone and I really enjoyed this visit.

We visited Roland Park Place in Baltimore during an "open house", so we got to see lots of apartments that people were living in. It is more urban than any of the other retirement communities we visited in the greater Baltimore area. But they're a cut above anything that we've seen. And I think it had to do more with their holistic approach. You wouldn't feel like your life is going down as you progress to greater care or to a different level of care.

The other communities are less attractive, more sparse and institutional. It didn't have that feeling here. The apartments were wonderful and spacious. It's filled with natural light and there are lots of different options. The marketing staff and the care staff seemed very professional, very well-trained, and very good at what they're doing.

What stood out to me the most here is how welcoming the community is. Both the staff and the residents were all incredibly friendly and made the transition so much easier for my father. Roland Park Place is lovely, it is clean and well kept, and all the services they provide are great. I'd give them 5s across the board!

I'm Very Pleased

I'm very pleased with Roland Park Place. It's very clean, and the staff is very friendly. They are very good, attentive, and responsive. I have no complaints. My mother loves the food. The community was smaller than the other ones I looked at and they were real friendly and more attentive to its residents. It was just the best fit for us.

Roland Park Place is a nationally accredited, not-for-profit continuing care retirement community in the heart of northern Baltimore City.
We offer 21 different Independent Living floor plans, 5 different Assisted Living floor plans and all private rooms in our Health Care Center.
With the exception of the 3 historic Victorian Independent Living cottages, all of the residences and amenities of Roland Park Place are under one roof, making it easy for Residents to receive the services they need while experiencing the social, intellectual, spiritual, educational and entertainment options they prefer.