Riverhead Care Center - Riverhead, NY

Turned my life around and my husband's too

This facility was incredibly helpful to my husband and me.
We were in the rehab section for a stretch in the fall of 2013.
First of all, administration was sensational.
They are attentive and helpful. The Social Worker and Account Manager in particular went above and beyond to assist us. The Nutritionist was very willing to accommodate what I needed for my special diet. It was a pleasure to deal with all of them.
Doctors are empathetic and very available to you. The nursing staff was incredibly kind and very helpful. I was impressed with the level of care we received from them.
The aids were mostly excellent and compassionate, some more so than others. I appreciated that.
The focus of our time was to heal and to be in PT. The army of purple uniforms descends on the rehab floor twice a day and will pick you up and bring you down,,, to a room that needs to be expanded for their comfort and ours....since it is the core of recovery in the rehab section-
I found the staff to be engaging, honest, and knowledgeable.
The recreation department was well organized and engaged in providing activities for the various residents.
I intended to come back and volunteer but I ended up moving out of state. I also wanted to get back there to thank everyone but never had the chance.
It is a wonderful place. Everyone from the maintinance staff to the administration are friendly, professional, and willing to answer your questions and go the extra mile for you. I highly recommend this facility. ets