The Greens At Cannondale - Wilton, CT

Review of The Greens At Cannondale - Wilton, CT

The Greens best over backwards to accommodate my aunt her dog during her stay. They could not have been nicer to her and her family. This is a beautiful facility with a friendly and caring staff.

Review of The Greens At Cannondale - Wilton, CT

I toured this facility, when looking for an assisted living arrangements for my aunt. I visited several facilities and the quality and service I witnessed for exceeded the others. My aunt was moved in and throughout her stay I was very comfortable knowing that she was being very well cared for. They also had a great deal of compassion during her last days.

Warm and inviting

I have just started to look for my mom. I live out of state , but mom and siblings live in CT and NY., so our search has been very broad. The Greens at Cannondale is definitely in our top 3. What I liked most was the warm feeling I had when I walked in the front door. People were lovely, there seemed like a lot going on- great energy. Most of all, I never felt pressure. The "tour" was really relaxed and I felt this was a place my mother would feel right at home. What seemed really fun was they had a golf cart that they were using to drive residents to and from a BBQ located in the rear of the building near their large vegetable garden. I was even invited to join! I felt very welcome.

My loved one’s experience at this facility was wonderful. The staff was kind and attentive. The food and entertainment wad wonderful. I would not hesitate to join. Wilton Greens when I need it. Bravo!

Wonderful facility with friendly & professional staff. They offer a lot of activities & provide transportation to my Mom's doctor appointments.

I have to admit that my brothers and I were nervous to move over Mom. The staff at the The Greens are simply the best customer service, food, nursing, transportation, and housekeeping. My Mom has no complaints! The grounds, by the way, are amazing. Thank you Greens for everything you do.

Thought it was dated and more like a nursing home than assisted living. Lovely people and very pet friendly

Working out just fine!

Everything has been going great here. They are wonderful and the staff is doing a great job. They offer activities, but my sister just has not got involved with anything. She does like the food and there are no complaints.

The Greens is the best. They take care of your every need & really nice people. The gardens around the building are the most beautiful I have seen. I have never felt so safe & secure. Thank You.

Great nursing – very clean food (B)

Caring wonderful staff. Very clean – very active program.

The greens is simply the best. No one compares in terms of the grounds, buildings and most of all, customer service. I also love that they have a nursing home right there. My mom is picky & the chef talks directly with her all the time.

Review of The Greens At Cannondale - Wilton, CT

Impressive – Homelike Friendly. Staff was interactive with their seniors, activities were engaging. Very clean & updated community my parents were impressed. I feel a safe & loving environment to have my parents complete their lives.

Disappointing

If your loved one has Alzheimer's, please take my advice and take home anything of value that they may have . Do not trust that their belongings will be placed in safe keeping. My Mother passed away and all her belongings disappeared. I made the mistake of trusting her care givers to put anything of value in safe keeping like I was told they would. Now her jewelry and other things are gone. Considering how expensive this place is, you would think they would be more careful with their residents belongings.
Take all valuables home with you, do not leave them there!

We found the perfect forever home for our parents!

My parents have been at the Greens for a year and our family has been very very pleased. While it is expensive, our parents are receiving tremendous care. The aides assigned to them (part of the perks of their particular living arrangement) assume responsibility for my parents, and treat them with great patience and kindness. I am at the Greens a lot and have personally observed that other residents are also treated with kindness and caring by aides, nurses, administrators, dining room staff, and recreation and transportation personnel. From the very beginning, our family felt at home in the comfortable and elegant surroundings at the Greens and that has only grown over time. My parents (and I) have also really enjoyed the delicious food (the Italian chef is wonderful and also very sweet to the residents). The live piano music at meals and frequently at other times during the day further enhance the quality of life. My mom has also enjoyed Bingo and jewelry making (very good quality materials). The Greens does not skimp on quality or nickel and dime families. This again makes for a more homelike feeling in which staff demonstrate genuine concern for residents' happiness and well being. My sisters and I are so relieved and grateful we have found the perfect place for our parents.

I thought they were beautiful, and very posh.

We toured here. I thought they were beautiful, and very posh. I really liked them, but they were definitely on the more expensive side of places we saw.

Dad's New Home

We moved my father in this past summer and I must say it was a decision that was quite difficult for my entire family. My mother had passed away very suddenly in the spring, leaving my dad in such despair. The thought of living in the home that he and my mom had lived in and loved for 40+ years, raising six rambunctious kids, seemed to overwhelm my dad. He had never cooked a meal for himself, planned a night out on the town, or even scheduled a doctor's appt. without my mother's help. My brothers and and I had never seen my dad in such a vulnerable and lost state. He had always been our rock and now seemed so frail. One of my co-workers knew how difficult this was and mentioned assisted living. My brother, Bill and I visited The Greens at Cannondale and were immediately impressed by the warm and welcoming greeting we received. To this day I cannot put my finger on what it was, but it just felt like home.

Dad has settled in nicely, and made some great friends. Although nothing can replace the loss of mom, The Greens has given my father a renewed outlook on life, for which my brothers and I will always be grateful. We could not ask for a better place for dad to call home.

In the top three.

This was one of the three communities I had narrowed it down to. They were all very comparable, and really came down to personality. It's nice to choose based on atmosphere and decoration. There are a couple of good places in this area and this is one of them.

A little early to tell, but it seems ...

A little early to tell, but it seems like a nice place for my mother.

Don't even consider this facility

The Nursing Supervisor is heart-less. She only cares about herself and knows of many nurses and aides who are not doing their jobs, yet looks the other way because they are her friends. There are multiple medication errrors that have sent Residents to the hospital ER. Very poor supervision. In addition, the food is inedible. Every resident complains about it and yet nothing is done. In addition, they have problems with infection control. We have repetedly told the Administrator that the disinfecting hand machines are empty yet they are never refilled. I saw an EMT who had responded to a fall emergency try to use one in vain. Also, there are many falls. Poor oversight. Don't place your loved one here. There are many open apartments and they are looking to lay off staff. You can find a better place for your loved one. I have first hand knowledge.

I would describe this commu...

I would describe this community as adequate. Residents seemed safe and clean enough, though there was a permeating scent of air freshener in the air (possibly covering odors), which didn't appeal to me - wall-to-wall carpet probably didn't help. I didn't notice many aides interacting with residents, and the only activity I saw was watching television. Staff often walked past residents without greeting/acknowledging them and didn't seem very engaged/friendly, which bothered me. The few indoor plants I saw were brown and half-dead. Half of the building has been renovated (with plans to finish the rest shortly), and the bathrooms in those apartments had large showers with a built-in bench, very stylish. Country views/setting. But overall, it felt past its prime - this is not on my short list.

Aids Need Better Training, Otherwise the Place is Great!

I love the place the only thing that's disappointing to me is that my mom requires a lot of care and at the aid level it's not being delivered. The nurses are phenomenal but the aids are always in a rush. I feel like I constantly have to be on top of them. So that's what I feel their only fault is, the quality of the aids.

Other than that, I really like the whole place. It's a beautiful place. I love the activities. They have very high level and appropriate activities. They're not insulting to the intelligence of the residents. They have great, simulating activities and the food is great too. Everything is 100% except for the aids. I feel like they weren't prepared for the level of care that we're paying for. I don't think the aids were trained properly. It's not the nurses at all - they're great. And overall the place is great. It's better than any thing else I've seen.

Great, but Very Expensive

I really liked this community, but it was a lot more expensive. It was over the top in terms of what they offered. It was like, take Brookdale and blow it out of the water with of some of the things that they do. It was much more expensive, though, and it wasn't worth it when you're trying to make sure that the budget covers things from a lifetime perspective.

very nice facility - a bit isolated. ...

very nice facility - a bit isolated. Had possibilities - next door to a health care facility

A Quality Life Style

Nestled in a valley between lush, tree-lined hills, The Greens at Cannondale offers residents spectacular views. The Greens at Cannondale offers a selection of spacious studio, one-and two-bedroom apartments with elegantly appointed common areas.

One monthly fee includes three daily meals, housekeeping, nursing care, scheduled transportations, and emergency response system and a variety of social, educational and cultural programs.

All the Comforts of Home

The Evergreen Program Specifically tailored for those with early memory impairment and dementia, our Evergreen Program offers a full range of services, provided by experienced compassionate professionals.

Research suggests that the stimulation provided by specialized activities can dramatically enhance the quality of life for those requiring memory support. That is why it is our philosophy to promote each person’s abilities through stimulating, activity-based programming.

Nursing Care and So Much More

Wilton Meadows Rehabilitation and Health Care Center offers a variety of healthcare options, including short-term rehabilitation, IV therapy, long-term skilled nursing care, a 34 bed Alzheimer’s Unit and both inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation. Wilton Meadows also provide 24 hour nursing care, as well as licensed rehabilitation therapists, social workers, registered dieticians and recreational therapists. No matter what the specific needs. Wilton Meadows always provides the highest level of care, dignity and respect to our residents.

Wilton Meadows offers service for those recovering from surgery or who have competed a stay in the hospital.