Regency House Assisted Living - Hixson, TN

• Female & Male Residents

The place my Mom calls home.

Regency House is great and is the place my Mom calls her home. This facility is run like a finely tuned machine, and the staff is always friendly and attentive to their residents. Recently my Mom broke her hip and was in a rehab facility, and with her Dementia, she was declining due to the different surroundings. The staff at Regency visited her several times and saw the same thing then jumped through hoops to get her back home, so they could care for her and get oversee her rehab. My Mom is doing much better now as a result, and that's just one example of [name removed], [name removed] and the rest of the staff going the extra mile. THANKS to all at Regency House for taking such good care of my Mom. My family and I couldn't be happier!

A New Director and Activities Director

Since moving in my mom has been quite well. They just hired a new activity director and Director. We meet the Director and she is sweet. My mom likes the and meals
she fell in love with some of the staff. Her apartment is just right for her. It has a small area off the kitchenette, comes with a microwave oven and a small refrigerator, it has a bathroom and a nice size bedroom. We mostly picked them for the price and the closeness to my house.

Bingo wasnt fun because there was no prizes to be won. There was not an adequate amount of food per setting. My patient was hungry all the time so her daughter brought her some food to eat between meals. The residents were nice and so was the workers there.

One person can't fix it all

Has the potential to be an excellent facility the executive director and business office person are ruining every opportunity for this place to thrive. They are extremely rude and unprofessional, they have the worst customer service and you can tell they do not have their heart in their job. The only reason they are receiving one star is because the new nurse manager. She is trying to fix everything but she can't do it by herself. [Removed]. She has the most caring heart and is working all the time, she is there at least one day every weekend and you can really tell how much she loves the residents and their families, when there has been a problem she has had it resolved within 24 hours and if not she calls with updates so that we know she hasn't just let the ball drop on our concern. We adore [Removed], we just wished she had the team that she needs to support her and as long as the current executive director [Removed] is there she won't be able to change a lot.
Friend of a family

Wonderful Experience

This place is great! The food is fantastic! Lots of Activities and and happy residents.

The staff are very nice and the administrator even gave me his personal cell phone if we had additional questions.

Very homey, happy and affordable!

Very Nice Community

I was very excited to visit. The building was clean and did not smell like a nursing home. They were coking something that smelt great.

There was a front receptionist that welcomed us. The rest of the staff from what I could see was doing activities with people.

The building was very nice. All the rooms where private, even the smaller less priced apartments had rooms with doors vs a hanging curtain I saw at other places.

We are looking in Jan. of 2017 and I can say - great place, good food, happy and busy residents and folks that you can tell care.

Jeff Hanover

Not very clean, the semi private room I was shown was tiny, doors had all been removed for prior resident, large discoloration around toilet. Very unkept

Jeff Hanover

Thank you so much for your feedback. I would be happy to sit down and talk with you.

Very, very nice place with lots of events.

We did a visit to the community today as we are looking for a place for my husbands dad. This place was wonderful. They were singing by the organ and the residents looked very happy. We also saw a PT Department that was on site working with the residents and staff. It was very clean, up to date and the staff where very helpful.

This may just be the spot, lots of activities, music and very nice.

Wasn't Very Impressed With My Tour

I wasn't very impressed with my tour of this community. It is a nice community, but I think they could do a better job with the cleanliness of the community. The staff was kind and friendly. This is a nice community, but not the community for my father and his needs.

Jeff Hanover

Thank you very much for your feedback. I would love to sit down and discuss your review and give us a second change. I have just taken the position and there are many exciting things taking place here.

Regency House is a good place for elderly parents that need extra care.

My mother has been living at Regency House Assisted Living for 3 weeks now. I feel she is getting good care there and eating good cooked food. Her apartment is very nice and meets her needs. The housekeeping service has been very good. She enjoys having an on-sight beautician to take care of her hair. This service is a plus anywhere.

Having my mother living there has been a huge help for me in her care. It is also convenient as I live near by.

Good Communication

My mother was only there about three weeks, but communication has been good, I have been very pleased so far. I have been very happy, nothing negative to say. Everybody is very friendly there and open and if I ever have any needs or questions they respond right away.

Nice Place

My mother has been here for about a month. She's happy here. The Regency House Assisted Living is such a nice place because of the clean and fresh atmosphere. My overall rating of this property is 5 stars. I rate the cleanliness 5 stars because it is always clean there. I rate the friendliness, value, care services, and activities 4 stars. My mother doesn't really participate in the activities. Overall, This is a great place.

I've been very satisfied with Regency House.

I've been very satisfied with Regency House. They have been very helpful and nice. They worked with us and Anna the nurse is just wonderful. The food sometimes is good and sometimes is not. I've eaten there several times and sometimes it's wonderful. Somedays they will offer the same thing twice in the same day, a little more variety would be nice, I know that it can be difficult though. The portions are good. The cloths on the tables are pristine white, and they do a good job seating the residents, the servers are very helpful and nice. The overall appearance is nice. They could probably do with a couple more workers. They do the best that they can. I would say a 4.5 when it comes to response. The people who work there, really work hard, and they are always pleasant. They have activities, Bingo, and Uno, and Bible studies, and sing-a-longs. I think they need somebody to round the people up and bring them out to the activities. But I know that the girls are so busy. They are very accommodating to families and they recognize birthdays with cake. It's right across from the hospital, it is very accessible. I feel like they went out of their way for us. I'm glad for the way they treated them.

Lydia Diener

Thank you so much! We strive to treat our residents with the upmost respect and compassion. I appreciate your honesty in the areas that we need to improve on.

Love love this one. Right a...

Love love this one. Right across the street from np Hosp. Food is great. Staff very friendly! All inclusive except if they to med pass.

Nice like the kitchenette. Seems like...

Nice like the kitchenette. Seems like more room. less money.Only allowed to smoke on two screened in porches. Not sure where the dog is suppose to use the restroom.

Not bad - need to schedule a lunch to...

Not bad - need to schedule a lunch to check food options. One of the four I am considering when the time comes

Staff very caring and residents seeme...

Staff very caring and residents seemed happy. Big rooms. Only Assisted Living so will not work for us.

Regency House offers you a variety of services to insure the highest quality of care available. Our rooms are spacious and include a private bathroom, kitchen area with microwave and a small refrigerator. Each room is equipped with their own heating and air controls. We have four different floor plans and price is according to the room type you select. We have two laundry rooms on the premises. The resident may choose to do their own or we can do it for them at a nominal fee. We do linens and towels at no extra charge.

For your peace of mind, assisted living services at Regency House are ideal for people who need a hand with the activities of daily life. While living independently in their own apartments, residents may receive daily care for tasks such as eating, bathing, dressing and medication monitoring. We assist but allow them their independence.

We have a nurse on staff, that is scheduled to work Monday through Friday. She is on call 24/7, so if an emergency comes up she will return to the facility or if it is something she can relate to the staff and they can handle then that is what is done. We have a nurse practitioner that comes into our facility to see your family member if you would like. We have well trained Resident Assistants on staff 24 hours a day. They are very caring and loving towards all of our residents.

We have two days scheduled for resident doctor appointments. We will take them and pick them up. We will take them on other days if the doctor just cannot see them on the scheduled days.