Elmcroft of Shallowford - Chattanooga, TN

Not to my liking!

I really did not like the Elmocroft's that I had toured. The apartments were dark like the community and it felt kind of like a nursing home instead of home. I wanted something a lot more upbeat for mom.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your review and feedback.  Our priority at Elmcroft of Shallowford is to provide a home-like atmosphere and the very best care for our residents. We regret you did not fully experience the Elmcroft difference during your visit. Please know we truly value your comments.

Spacious Bedrooms!!

The bedrooms at this community are very spacious and have lots of natural light throughout the apartment.The housekeeping team has done an excellent job at keeping my mothers room well maintained and picked up. I have no complaints about this facility and would defiantly recommend this place to anyone.

Wonderful!

100% satisfied. Very happy about the decision for Elmcroft living. It is thrilling to have a loved one reside there and feel the safety and comfort that is provided with their care.

VERY HELPFUL AND I FOUND THAT PERFECT HOME

I was happy to use your advisement. I knew nothing about assisting living nor which facility to contact. SeniorAdvisor immediately assisted me and I was able to make a great choice for my loved one.

As a whole, I think it's a very nice place. I think that what they can improve on is making sure that they have someone at the front desk at all times. I think it's important that someone is there so random people don't just walk in. Overall, I like the facility.

A great place for Memory Care.

My aunt has been at Elmcroft in the Memory Care unit of nearly 3 years. Overall the staff tries very hard to ensure a safe and nurturing atmosphere. It is beautifully decorated, clean and very well maintained.

The workers are there because they love working with the residents.I I see this demonstrated each day.

The only thing I would change is the high turnover especially when residents and family members get used to certain employees. I would also like to see more cutting edge activities that are designed to keep those with dementia and Alzheimers engaged.

In a nutshell, I would recommend this facility.

Nice place, overall

Overall I think they've done a good job at Elmcroft of Shallowford. It's a clean, well kept community, and the staff have all been very friendly. My loved one seems content here overall. However, there are a few ways I'd like to see them improve. I would really like to see them implement a call-button necklace type system. Each of the rooms has a pull-cord, but in one instance my loved one fell in the bathroom and was not able to get to the cord. I also think a bit more care could be taken with the laundry service, sometimes things get stuffed into a drawer unfolded.

Great place. I would not go any place else.

The Elmcroft of Shallowford is great and I would not go any place else. The staff is fantastic, they do great work here! They are very friendly and accommodating. Activities and care services are wonderful. I would definitely recommend this community, everything has been going great!

April 2015 Review

My Mom and Dad moved in the facility near the end of March. So far it has been even better than expected. The community relations rep Tera and the director Abbey have both gone above and beyond what can normally be expected in providing superior customer service. My parents have really enjoyed the food, entertainment, games...

Great Community

It's a nice looking, clean community, and the staff were all very friendly. Everyone living there gets a lot of attention, and there is a great staff to resident ratio. Everyone is friendly and the place is clean.

Daughter Caregiver

My father was there only 4 days, so I don't have a lot to go on but the staff was very friendly . My husband and I went to visit everyday at different times. Every time the patients seemed to being cared for. My father had a stroke and passed away only after being there....I hope it wasn't because of the changes of leaving his home which was not home to him....I will never know....but I think it would have been a place we would have continued to be happy.

They outdid themselves in regards to being helpful.

The staff is amazing, and it's kept pretty clean. The food is not very good, it's about a 3. It's enough portion wise, but the quality isn't that good. They have bent over backwards to work with us. The director and marketing director came in on Sundays, and have gone well beyond the call of duty to help us get in. They outdid themselves in regards to being helpful.

Review of Elmcroft of Shallowford Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Chattanooga, TN

Tera was very sweet, I like the place...very homie...

Elmcroft of Shallowford is gretat for my mom

Elmcroft of Shallowford has a staff that have always been helpful to my mom in her transition to assisted living. There is always someone there I can talk to about my mom and how she is doing.

We are very happy with them.

They are nice and they work with her. The girls love her and she loves them. It's been a cakewalk. It's clean, the staff is really good. We are very happy with them.

Three cheers for Elmcroft of Shallowford

EoS has been terrific for my 88-year-old mom. The staff at all levels has been helpful, respectful, and responsive. This is a first-rate establishment for the senior community.

Mother is content

Elmcroft of Shallowford is satisfactory in appearance, friendliness, acceptable care of my mother, activities offered. Food sometimes leaves much to be desired! The staff is very caring --from maintenance to the director.

Great Community

Elmcroft is a great community with great staff. It is all one level so it provides ease of moving around and navigating. The staff I interviewed and talked with was really good. They have a large dining room for the residents to eat. The room itself is about 100 sqft larger then other communities we were looking at. They were offering about 350-360 sqft while Elmcroft is offering 450 sqft. I am very satisfied with them at this point and would recommend them to anyone.

Clean & neat

Every time we visit Elmcroft of Shallowford everything is clean and neat. It doesn't have a smell like some of the other places we toured. We are relatively new to Elmcroft but we are happy with them so far.

This is my first choice as ...

This is my first choice as of June 1. Very nice facility and really like that it is one story.

One of our top choices. Good that mem...

One of our top choices. Good that memory care is in the same building. The building set up is very nice. the residents seemed happy and well cared for.

Elmcroft of Shallowford is an assisted living and memory care community with a home like feel that has sixty-seven apartments offering several different styles of living accommodations. Our knowledgeable and experienced nursing staff caters to all our residents' personal and medical needs. We provide restaurant style dining with delicious and nutritionally balanced meals three times a day in our elegant and spacious dining room which overlooks our two tranquil, well maintained courtyard gardens, enhancing the dining experience. Our Vitality Club program offerings include daily activities encompassing the mind, body, and spirit. Our residents enjoy Elmcroft for the clean, spacious apartments, social activities, affordability, and the safe secure residential environment. We are conveniently located on Lee Highway near the corner of Shallowford Road near shops and restaurants yet far enough away from all the hustle and bustle.