Southern Oaks Assisted Living - Chattanooga, TN

Souther Oaks is a great place for your loved one

Southern Oaks is the idea place for my mother, While it is on the small side, it provides a lot of individual attention and has a very warm and friendly culture to it. If you are looking for a homey, friendly and caring place for your loved one, then I would highly recommend Southern Oaks.

Nice Experience

I had a good experience during my tour of this community. It is a nice facility with kind people. The community appeared to be well maintained from what I saw. The staff I met was nice, and helpful. Unfortunately they were able to accept him into their community at the time, but I did find another community that suited our needs.

The Other Tour

I had a tour and I liked the experience. The apartment I was shown was looking too small for what my mom wanted. I do appreciate all A Place For Mom did for us and the representative I met with was friendly and informative.

This was a perfect visit. My mother came with me. When we walked in the front door, we were greeted by two sweet ladies in the parlor. They directed us to a staff member. While we were in the office a resident came in & began talking with my mother, telling about her experience at Southern Oaks. Marilyn, our tour guide, was so helpful & informative. My mother was pleased to know that there were ladies of her faith living there. Also a vegan diet. The small homelike atmosphere made my mother comfortable.

Very nice place

n/a

Great place, very happy with it

I recommend Southern Oaks Assisted Living

I was very impressed with our initial visit. The owner/manager, Jonna Davis, took notes as we told her about my mother and her needs. Every concern we had, she dispelled. My mother loves Southern Oaks and all the care givers. She said that "they all treat me like a Queen". The other residents are friendly as well, when mom goes out into the living room. (Mom loves to read & stays in her room a lot)
They have activities for the residents and church services on Saturday & Sunday for those to choose which one they would rather attend.
Southern Oaks Assisted Living is a small (max 24 residents) privately owned facility and that's what makes it the perfect choice for my mother.

They were amazing here.

They were amazing here. The food was good, the nursing care was awesome. Jonna Davis is on top of it, she doesn't let anything slip by, if there is an accident in a room and Jonna walks by, someone better be right there to take care of it. They don't have actual nurses, that is the only setback, if you need actual nurses on staff, you have to go somewhere else, otherwise we would still be there. The price was really good, and they can do all of the stuff, medication management, really just about anything. It was awesome here.

Finally ... care-givers who care!

Where my mom was staying was killing her - literally. When we picked her up for the move to Southern Oaks, she had to be carried in a wheelchair. Since arriving at Southern Oaks, she hasn't touched that wheelchair one time. They have her eating, taking her medication, and staying out of her room - better than she's done in years. Everyone who sees her is amazed at how much healthier she looks. The staff at Southern Oaks is amazing. I have been there when they didn't know I was and I've overheard them assisting other residents ... even those who are not always easy to deal with. I've never once heard them lose their temper or speak harshly to a resident. They are always "babying" each person in their care and laughter can frequently be heard from the residents and care givers. I could not be any more please with a facility. Southern Oaks is awesome!

Very nice place!

My loved one has really been enjoying herself at Southern Oaks, they're doing a great job! It's a small facility, and the staff really get to know all the residents and treat everyone very well! It's a clean, well kept community, the people are friendly, and the food is good!

Everyone is very helpful. They take p...

Everyone is very helpful. They take personal care ,0f my Father in law. They always call us , to let us know of any changes. i would highly recommend Southern Oaks .

Nice people but not the place for us....

Nice people but not the place for us. The care is probably good but not enough security for our needs and the building is a bit run down.

Like So. Asstd. No nurse on duty. N...

Like So. Asstd. No nurse on duty. No outings. In house exercise. Cost dependent on room size.

One room available. Owner willing to ...

One room available. Owner willing to work with us until his VA benefits come in.