Manorhouse Assisted Living - Chattanooga, TN

Imediate Family Member and Care Giver of Manor House Resident

My family member resided at Manor House Assisted Living for 5 1/2 years. Our family was always struggling with the low bar service level for high dollar price. We found pills all over her room where nursing staff just left with her, even during the mild part of dementia. I found pills in the pockets of all her clothes. Various family members were always concerned about their lack of cleaning the room, each of us keep had many numerous complaints. Then, finally, as her dementia advanced, we hired private sitters to up our loved ones service level. Then, the Manor House staff just handed off responsibilities to the sitters, and did not even perform basic cleaning for about $1,000 a week. They stopped changing my family member, cleaning her room, and unknown to our family, Manor House bared her from the dinning room without telling her family or conservator. I later learned that this facility has other families concerned, and they have fired nursing staff over violations from the state. We are pursing these matters.

Not very impressed!!

Within the first couple minutes of being in this community during my tour, I knew that my mother in law would not be living here. Once we entered the memory care floor, the overwhelming odor of urine assailed our senses. Additionally, I noticed that as soon as we waIked down the hall, that several caregivers suddenly got out of the chairs, put their phones away and tried to look busy. The most disturbing thing to me though was when I turned down the hall by the nurses station, I saw 10 or so Alzheimer's/Dementia patients stacked up against the wall in uncomfortable looking chairs or wheel chairs waiting for an overworked aid to exercise them. It was the worst tour of the day. When we left, we just looked at each other and said "h&11 no'!

What I noticed.

When we visited this community it seemed like it was not a very active place. The people we met were nice and the community looked clean. The community we chose just seemed to fit my loved one better as it was more active than this community.

Nice people, great place!

The memory care was on the second floor in this community which caused some concern for me. But the place is very nice and close to my home. My tour went well, and the marketing people were very good. The building is probably 20 to 30 years old but kept up very well. I know residents that live in this community and they are happy.

Overall great tour!!

The administration was excellent at not only giving us a detailed tour of their community but followed up multiple times to make sure there was nothing more my loved one and I needed from them. The lobby and dinning room was spacious with beautiful decorations throughout the complex.

Very Accommodating To Our Family

This community has been very accommodating to our family. They are very helpful and attentive to my mother. She is trying some new activities and she loves the food. The community is clean for the most part, but we have had a few issues with some of her things coming up missing and the smell of her room. They are working on fixing those issues. She really loves the foods, she eats every bite of her meal. There are nice activities offered for the residents. Overall she has adjusted well to it and I would recommend it.

Toured

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility seemed a little dark, but it was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. We ended up selecting another community, but this is somewhere I would have considered as an option for my loved one.

Overall, it was a pretty good experience.

Overall, it was a pretty good experience. The meals are good 90% of time. Everything has been going very good. The cleanliness of the facility is excellent. It's always very clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They have been excellent. My loved one is well taken care of. They offer many activities. I would recommend the Manorhouse Assisted Living to anyone. It has been great. It's a nice place.

Great place!

They do a fantastic job here! Everyone has just been so accommodating and so helpful! They work not just with their residents, but with the families as well. They go out of their way to help you through all the issues you face when dealing with a loved one with dementia. They walked us through the whole process and were encouraging the whole way! The whole staff, from the front desk ladies to the administrators, were absolutely fantastic, and I'd like to mention Lisa and Kim specifically!

It is our philosophy that an individual's retirement years should be an extension of the lifestyle enjoyed prior to retirement. We are committed to operating a full service assisted living community that provides our residents with a lifestyle that truly enhances the quality of their lives. We do this by emphasizing four basic principle: promoting independence, preserving dignity, protecting privacy, and providing safety and comfort. At Manorhouse we strive to exceed customer's expectations in unique and outstanding way.