The Terrace At Mountain Creek - Chattanooga, TN

Father Loves This Community

This is a really great community, and my father is doing great since his move here. I know he is safe, and in good hands. We took him back home to gather some things to take back to the community. After he got some shirts, and said they we might as well get rid of everything. He loves this community, and is really enjoying his time here. I would highly recommend this community, it is working out well for us.

A good tour

We liked this community when we visited. The person that took us on tour was friendly. This community seems to offer a lot of activities and they have a fitness center. This community did not have any openings when we visited.

Beautiful location just right for many families to stay connected with their resident at The Terrace at Mountain Creek

Still in the running, but number three at this time. The limited outdoor space is a negative, and we prefer the single story facilities over the multi-story building. Amenities seem adequate and the residents appeared to be active and engaged. Food services appear to be very good.

Caring staff-but 3 stars

I could tell during my tour of this community that our tour guide was knowledgeable and really cared about the residents of the community. Our guide introduced us to several of the caregivers who were polite and sweet. They were busily caring for the patients and showed interest in their well being. The building seemed cleaner than some we visited; however, even in the midst of refurbishing it still is an older, somewhat depressing building. It's worth a look because I think the care is there.

Very Clean Community

We very pleased with my mother in laws move to this community. She is doing well, and everything is working out great. The community is very clean, and they have an excellent staff here. This is a community I would recommend. We are satisfied with all they have done for us.

I would recommend this community.

The entire staff are friendly, accommodating and they have gotten to know my father in law and the family by name. The community is clean, however we have had some minor issues with the cleaning of his room. They are receptive when we bring this to their attention. He likes the bus trips they offer. He enjoys the food and they offer a good variety of choices.

Not very assisted living

There staff is terrible.The management isn't better. They say to tell them if you have problems. If you have to many issues they look for ways to get you evicted from the facility. I know 3 employees that I would recommend highly and that is it. There staff is not helpful. They take to long to assist residence to the restrooms. 2 patients had fallen and were seriously injured that required hospital stays. One lady had a broken hip and had to wait 5 hours on an ambulance!! They serve a lot of sandwiches to residences that can't get out of their rooms. The relative I have fell multiple times and has broken bones. I think this facility is one of the worst places ever. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. They call it assisted living but they sure don't do very much in the ways of any assistance. I also saw bugs when I was there. I was not happy about that either. This place leaves a lot to be desired!

Great Tour!

During my tour of The Terrace At Mountain Creek, I noticed the place was dated but kept up very well. They had great sales people, they were very knowledgeable and friendly. I know residents that live here, and they are happy so I know its a good place.

it needs help

Behind the scenes there are a lot of bugs there. Cockroaches,spiders, senapedes....I'm guessing because of all of the trees they need a exterminator bad!!!!!! Spa rooms so they call them are nasty and they stink, the spa room in memory is awful... I bet they don't add that in the tour make sure you ask to see the spa rooms!!! They need better house keeper's an a better exterminator!!!!!

Pros and Cons

The Terrace is a beautiful, friendly place. There are many activities to keep our mother busy if she wants to be, and she appreciates the services that are provided. We were disappointed that they will not let residents move in on weekends as that was what we desperately needed in our situation. Our family member also says the dining room service is greatly lacking in promptness and customer service, though the food is usually good. Her bathroom tub/shower is not a step-in version and she has difficulty getting in and out safely. It is a beautiful place with several indoor areas to relax, but there are not many outdoor spaces to sit and enjoy. Overall, she has enjoyed being there so far. We are not convinced that the value is worth the cost for independent living.

Gracious, kind and courteous staff

We are so grateful to every person we have met and worked with at the Terrace. The assistance and guidance we received in preparing my in-laws new home was invaluable.

Friendly, accommodating staff

Things have turned out very well at The Terrace at Mountain Creek, I'd give them high marks across the board! The staff here is very accommodating, and they are all very friendly. They did a good job welcoming my loved one to the community.

I liked them, they were nice.

I toured here when looking for possible options for my loved one. I liked them, they were nice. They were out of my price range so not an option for me, but a nice place.

Great and Affordable

The Terrace at Mountain Creek is a great place and it is very affordable. The property is very clean inside and outside and I recommend it as a great and safe place. The staff is friendly and caring and they offer great activities.

The Terrace met all of our Needs

The real lifesaver for us was that the Terrace has a respite care program. My mom was in a rehab hospital and was discharged before she was in good shape to function without pretty close care. The Terrace offered the respite care we needed, and then she just transitioned into a lower level of care.

Our overall experience at the Terrace has been Great. It is a pretty facility with very friendly people and great food. My
main concern is that they have so much turnover in the nursing staff. The nurses dispense my mother's medications. They are all as sweet as they can be, but every time we get things going well a new nurse comes in.

The Good and the Bad

My mother has been at the Terrace for several years. While the facility is beautiful and the staff is friendly, I have not been pleased with other things. Residents are not allowed to have any cooking appliances in their apartments (even in independent living) so they have to eat in the dining room for all meals which are covered in the monthly fee. The quality and selection of food is dismal, seldom well-balanced or nutritious, and menus are lack-luster and repetitive. Staff turnover is high and many employees are unhappy which is reflected in their demeanor. In addition, the monthly fee has increased significantly in the last three years

Relieved and Happy

My 93-year-old aunt, who is impossible to please, is ecstatic!
We could not be happier. The place is clean, quiet, lots of quality care, food is great, activity level is high...but, only if resident wants to participate. The staff is professional...every place should be like this!

Facility and staff was very...

Facility and staff was very nice. Impressed with the staff interaction with the residents. Residents were all clean, mobile and appeared to be very content and well cared for.

Much Better than Florida Facility

I am very pleased with The Terrace at Mountain Creek. My mom has been there for six months now, after having been in Florida; and the difference is night and day. Mom has slight dementia with short-term memory loss. I have been very impressed with how the staff have Mom out of her room and participating in all the activities. She is very happy. The staff are very helpful and considerate. It is a lovely place. Her room is smaller than the one in Florida but looks out over the woods and is very peaceful. I am very glad we moved her. It was a very good move for all of us.

This residence is rather re...

This residence is rather remotely located compared with the other three. It had the most comprehensive continuing care set-up of the four, with a secure memory care wing. The marketing Rep/Community Relations Manager, Mike Usher, was very professional and informative. They have a comprehensive marketing folder with current costs. They are also the most economical of the four residences at about $3950 for two for a two bedroom apartment. Apartments run about a 100 sq. ft. smaller than the others.

I selected The Terrace at M...

I selected The Terrace at Mountain Creek for Respite Care during Labor Day weekend.

People Stay in Their Rooms

It was okay. It was clean but I didn't like that no body was out interacting with each other. Everybody was kind of in their rooms. It didn't have that homey atmosphere.

Mom & I were very impressed...

Mom & I were very impressed with the building, grounds, services and staff. This will be our choice if we can work out the financing.

The tour was great, and the place is ...

The tour was great, and the place is great. That is my choice.

Pet fee was out of line. If it can be...

Pet fee was out of line. If it can be negotiated, I may consider it later. Took tour and had lunch - very nice.

Great place/beautiful location. Priva...

Great place/beautiful location. Private pay. Activities/garden club. Good mealtime variation.

It was great.

It was great.

the silence in this place is deafenin...

the silence in this place is deafening. didn't see much spark.

***Beautiful Location, Spacious Apart...

***Beautiful Location, Spacious Apartments, Multiple levels of memory care

Arrived 5 min late. Greeted by Execut...

Arrived 5 min late. Greeted by Executive Director. We toured the facility. Staff was courteous and helpful. Facility was clean and organized. Cost moderatly high but based on our observation it would be a good value.

From the moment you enter The Terrace at Mountain Creek you can see and feel the difference. Tastefully appointed, the grand lobby is home to our friendly concierge, and seating is arranged for easy conversation.

Your meals will be prepared fresh daily and served restaurant style by our professional wait staff. We offer a full array of activities each and every day. From guest lectures to church services, local travel to games, The Terrace at Mountain Creek boasts activities and personal enrichment programs that are second to none.

Enjoy the convenience and peace of mind knowing that The Terrace at Mountain Creek offers several levels of assistance. From minimal care, to Assisted Living and Memory Care, The Terrace’s caring and committed staff is dedicated to helping you maintain a fulfilling, active and dignified lifestyle.

We offer 5 unique styles of apartments from which to choose – all boasting spectacular views, some with 10 and 12 foot ceilings, a balcony or patio, and all with individualized baths and showers and climate control.

This is Senior Living at its BEST! Please come visit us and experience The Terrace at Mountain Creek!