Reformed Church Home - Old Bridge Township, NJ

• Housekeeping provided
  • Transportation
  • Exercise
  • 3 Balanced Meals and Snacks Per Day
  • Full Schedule of Trips, Events and Activities!
  • Recreational & Social Activities
  • Religious Services
  • Speech Therapy
  • On-site physical therapy
  • Short Term Rehab
  • Availability of licensed nursing staff 24-hours per day
  • Assistance with all aspects of daily living

Review of Reformed Church Home

My mother is a resident at the Reformed Church Home. We have been very happy with the wellness director, nurses, aides, and the activities and marketing personnel. The staff is professional, kind, and caring. More importantly my mother is happy here and feels very well taken care of

Uncaring, Unkind

Over the past several years that my mother-in-law has been in long-term care at RCH, the care for her has become sorely lacking. It has gotten to the point that those “caregivers” do not seem to know how to be kind – whether it is to the residents or to their family members. I have not seen a single smile from some of them. When family members make a request that we think would be helpful to my mother-in-law, we are treated as if we have no right to make such a request. The main result appears to be that they drag their feet even in doing the minimum. I cannot say how disappointed we are with the lack of real “care” at this point! Their top priority seems to be: Do not change the routine. Having said all of that, there are those who are helpful and who show kindness, even if they are not the ones most involved with my mother-in-law. It is for the sakes of those kind people that I give the rating of 2, rather than 1. Overall, I would NOT recommend long-term care at RCH at this time – until some of the “attitudes” are removed.

Andrea Walls

We are so sorry that you have had this experience and wish to know more specifics about the changes you have seen over time. Would you be so kind as to reach out and make an appointment to meet with our administrators to discuss your concerns so that we can address them immediately? Please call [removed] ext 161. We apologize for any shortcomings you have perceived and will do our best to rectify the situation if you would please give us the chance to do so. Thank you.

Review of Reformed Church Home

Reformed Church Home is the answer to our prayers. Our long time single friend is now as assisted living resident. Truly “family caring for family” he is happy and well cared for in an exceptionally lovely and cheerful environment and we shall be forever grateful!

Review of Reformed Church Home - Old Bridge Township, NJ

This is a wonderful community, the staff is caring and attentive. Could not ask for a better place for my mom.

Review of Reformed Church Home Old Bridge Township, NJ

My Mother-in-Law has been living at RCH for a year and a half. We have all been so pleased with all aspects of her care. The people (staff) there are so friendly and caring. I never worry about her! It is so nice to have that peace of mind. RCH is also very clean and has a great activity schedule. I am so glad we chose Reformed Church Home!

Review of Reformed Church Home Old Bridge Township, NJ

Excellent facility, my Mom enjoys being there. The staff is caring and compassionate. Most important they are consistent and have been working there for many years;therefore they know the needs of the residents. We are thankful for all the activities they provide and most important the daily prayer and weekly church services. We have peace of mind and know that Mom is receiving great care.

Review of Reformed Church Home Old Bridge Township, NJ

I am so pleased with the care my Mother receives at the Reformed Church Home. The entire staff is like family and knows us by name. It's such a beautiful facility inside and our. The staff keeps me informed and up to date on all my Mother's care and activities. She is happy and so am I!

Review of Reformed Church Home - Old Bridge Township, NJ

Have been very pleased with this senior care community. From the very beginning with the marketing staff ([removed], so professions & helpful with the transition. The entire staff is very professional & go out of their way to help the nurses, aides, activities director, every person is so upbeat.
Am happy to have my Mom here, who also raves about all the staff. Bravo!!

Dissapointed

Left a message for [Removed] the Director and never received a return call . I feel she lacks professionalism and respect . [Removed] should have had the decency to at least return a call . If this is how she runs her busy , I would be concerned about how the others take care of the individuals at this faculity . Food for thought .

Andrea Walls

I realize this written response is long overdue, however, I wanted to say I am so grateful we were able to resolve this employment-related issue in a timely fashion when brought to our attention a few months ago. We strive to respond to all inquiries and will continue to do our very best to manage the daily operations and care of our residents, as well as respond to career questions and job applicants. Wishing you well.
Marketing Director, Reformed Church Home

Reformed Church Home - Old Bridge, NJ

RCH is the best of the best. Truly 5 star. The staff (admissions/[Removed]l) (Medical/[Removed] and entire maintenance group are all top notch. Made moving mom in a very pleasant experience.

Excellent staff, excellent car, excellent environment.

Only after your money with easy cases

We were initially told by Reformed Church's admissions person that they had room in subacute for our mother after a hip replacement. A couple of hours later, when the hospital went to arrange it, the admissions counselor denied her saying, "We have multiple applicants, so we can pick and choose who we want." Don't get your hopes up - fickle organization only after $$$. Christian? NOT.

Peace of Mind

I live in Massachusetts and my Dad lives in NJ. I was overjoyed to find a place for him where we both can feel safe and comfortable about his care and living. He is pleased with the care he receives and I am more than happy to know that my Dad is being helped in ways to help him to maintain his independence as long as possible. Three cheers for the Reformed Church Home.

Very nice looking community

We toured this location when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I was impressed by what I saw here, it was a very nice place! The residents here seemed very active and engaged compared to some of the other places I saw. They had plenty of activities to keep everyone busy. The rooms were a nice size, and I liked that they had private rooms available at a reasonable price. My loved one decided that she wasn't ready for this sort of move, but this place would be first on our list when she is.

beautiful but need a guaran...

beautiful but need a guaranteed 30 month payment in the bank can't wait for the house to be sold

Reformed Church Home

Frist i and my family would like to thank Larry De Francisco of a Place for Mom for his invaluable assistance
throughout the process.
Regarding the place that was finally selected the Reformed Church Home was met by each of our family
members as the place that most suited our mother.
Each floor has its own dinning hall and they have about twenty people per room.they have a staff on call when mom needs someone she presses a button.when asked mom says she enjoys the food and the activities such as shows and games.overall mom and our family are happy with the Reformed Church Home.

“Aunt Anna’s 'Home-Away-From Home' was like a sheltering tree. For years, beneath that tree, she received her cool breezes… rest, nourishment, encouragement, security, love, companionship, hope, friendship, and much understanding – without conditions or reservation. And, as her closing days on earth drew nigh, that sheltering tree also extended its branches to include each one of us who loved her so dearly – Thank God for all of you. We will never forget your kindness toward us. Your dedication to all of those you serve is exceedingly rare.”

The above was written by a resident’s family. It is typical of the many letters thanking Reformed Church Home for the compassionate care our staff has provided for over 50 years. While the accolades of residents and their family members matter most to us, we have also earned prestigious awards from state and private agencies. Some recent awards include:

- 5-Star Quality Rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) since inception of the award
- Skilled Nursing Deficiency-Free Surveys in 2010, 2011, and 2013
- 2013 and 2014 Providigm Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement (QAPI) and Customer Satisfaction Awards
- Homes News Tribune 2011 and 2013 Best of the Best Assisted Living Facility
- Finalist in the Healthcare Heroes program of NJBIZ for Nursing Home/Assisted Living Facility of the Year

Reformed Church Home is a mission driven, Christian non-profit offering Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing, Sub-Acute Rehab, and Respite Care to seniors of all faiths. Our modern building was completed in 1998 and sits on a beautifully landscaped 12 acre campus. We have 2 beautiful gardens and onsite parking for residents and guests. All apartments have large windows with expansive views, individual heat and air conditioning controls, and large, handicap accessible bathrooms. Our generators, when needed, provide power completely throughout the building so that all residents can continue in a safe and happy environment even during lengthy power outages.

Reformed Church Home is located around the corner from Raritan Bay Medical Center, Old Bridge. We are also in close proximity to Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital and St. Peter’s University Hospital. Our medical director, an eldercare and pulmonary specialist, sees residents on campus three times per week. Nursing care is onsite 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Middlesex County Mall is less than three miles away. Residents typically come from within a 10 mile radius of Old Bridge although some have come from as far away as Florida to reside in our Assisted Living community near their adult children in the area.

Reformed Church Home hosts a monthly Caregivers Support Group open to residents' family members and the outside community. We offer an evening Elder Campus program to residents who have an interest in continual learning; the sessions are a combination of filmed lectures, leader lead discussions, and live exhibits. We also have an afternoon memory care program for residents who thrive in a small group, reminiscing activity.

Reformed Church Home welcomes inquiries and tours of our facility. Please contact Reformed Church Home today.