Monmouth Crossing Assisted Living - Freehold, NJ

Very Happy here

It is a very nice community. Very clean, no smells in the halls. The staff is very attentive and very concerned for my father. The dining room is elegantly decorated and dad love the food he eats 3x a day and is gaining weight. They order from a menu so it has lots of variety. The location is great the hospital is across the street. They try to engage him to join the daily activities which isn't his thing but he will go down and watch them. They will make his bed daily and they shower him 2x a week. They do his linens and he can pay extra for personal laundry. I would recommend this community.

Tops!

My mom has lived in Monmouth Crossing for 12 years. I truly believe that is has extended her life in a positive way. The staff is wonderful and the accommodations are beautiful. Highly recommend it!

Pros: Affiliated with CentraState Medical Center; Clean; Small Facility
Cons: Contact person left or the day; Another hospitality supervisor was too busy to meet with us; Need to revisit or call back contact person to discuss pricing, therapy options and specific needs for Mom.

Debra Yigit

I'm sorry that I missed you on Friday as I was off. Unfortunately, at the time of your arrival it was very busy and my administrator was already touring another customer. She had asked another manager to tour you so that you did not have to wait any longer. The manager who toured you was not completely familiar with the information that you were asking questions about. Instead of giving you the wrong information she felt it was best to have me contact you on Monday and I did. I left you a voice message. If you have more questions I'd be more than happy to answer them for you at your convenience.

Monmouth Crossing

Our sister/sister-in-law has been here for 8 years. We are very satisfied with the care she receives, the facilities, the food & the staff.

Debra Yigit

Thank you for your kind words! We love your sister-in-law and look forward to celebrating her 10 years with Monmouth Crossing!

good in ways, can improve in others

I have not felt that the staff has been very empathetic with my father. They have their rules and regulations and do not seem to bend. That is the main issue that I have had with Monmouth Crossing Assisted Living.

The food is very good, and the grounds are very pretty.

Very Happy with the Director and staff honest place

I've been looking for an assisted living for my Mom and there are so many to choose from in the Freehold area. I liked Monmouth Crossing because the Director did not pull any punches she is there a long time when others come and go. I am very happy with the accommodations and service my mom is getting. If you are worried about a few dollars here and there don't let this be the deciding factor choose Monmouth Crossings you will be very happy.

Debra Yigit

Thank you for your wonderful comment "Daughter Who Is Happy"!

Review of Monmouth Crossing Assisted Living

When the time came that mom could clearly no longer do well staying with me, I was devastated. I hoped to have her live with me till the end. We needed some place that made her feel like home yet worked with her limitations. We couldn't be happier. The staff is wonderful, the nurses are king and understanding. It's clean. Mom transitioned quicker than we though and she loves it.

Debra Yigit

Thank you for your kind words "L Rossi". We miss you and mom...

Review of Manmouth Crossing Assisted Living

I have lived here eleven years. I don't think there is a nicer place. Everything about it is great, the grounds, the building, the people and the warm atmosphere.

Debra Yigit

Thank you Sophia for your wonderful review! We love you and we are blessed to share so many years with you at Monmouth Crossing. We are looking forward to celebrating your 15th year with us!!!

Review of Monmouth Crossing Assisted Living

My mother has been a resident of Heritage Corners the memory care unit of Monmouth Crossing for the last 2 years. The facility is bright, airy, and clean with a separate garden, dinning room and activity area for the residents. The staff is caring and attentive. They provide a nurturing environment with a variety of activity meant to entertain and stimulate the residents. We could not be more pleased with the staff, management and care my mother is receiving.

Debra Yigit

Thank you Nan! We love you and mom!

Review of Monmouth Crossing Assisted Living

Clean environment and caring staff.

Debra Yigit

Thank you! Our facility is very clean and the staff are fabulous! Our staff longivity is beyond belief!

Review of Monmouth Crossing Assisted Living

My dad lived at Monmouth Crossing for 8 years on the memory care unit. The care and compassion he received exceeded my expectations. The staff are kind, patient and always advocating for the residents. The professionalism of the nursing staff and the care my dad received made me feel at peace during this difficult time in my life. All staff treated my dad and I like family and I will remember them and keep their kindness in my heart. Kudos Monmouth Crossing!!

Debra Yigit

Oh thank you MIchelle! We loved you and dad and both of you became an extension to our Monmouth Crossing family. You were an wonderful daughter and an family member to us. We miss you and dad so much...

One Bad Apple Can Ruin The Bunch...

My mother has dementia and was a patient on the Memory Care unit here for nearly two years. I was a frequent visitor and often brought her home on weekends. Overall, I was happy with her care until I noticed that when I brought her home on weekends, her breasts were always "outside" the cups of her bra. It was put on improperly as if someone was making fun of her body. She also related an incident where several people were making fun of her body after a shower, and began crying while she was telling me about it. My mother is not capable of fabricating a story like this. I complained to two workers there, one of whom was the male aide in question. They made ridiculous excuses and said that my mother "moves around a lot" and that is why she comes out of her bra. Nothing was done, so I complained to the director, who got back to me with the same excuse--that my 90 year old mother was moving around too much, and that was why her bra wasn't on the right way. She did offer to have her dressed by someone other than the man in question, but this did not satisfy me--it was a small unit and I was afraid my mother might still be made fun of. I removed her from the facility.

Debra Yigit

To those of you who will read this review. Please note that this alleged incident was thouroghly investigated by the Ombudsman of NJ and there was no evidence found and the case was closed.

Monmouth Crossing is owned and operated by CentraState Healthcare System, a not-for-profit member of the Robert Wood Johnson Health Network, an established health care provider that offers comprehensive acute care, physician, and community services.

Monmouth Crossing’s studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartment homes are designed for efficiency and convenience, yet spacious enough for your most cherished possessions. Standard features include carpeting, window coverings, individual heating and air-conditioning controls, and a state-of-the-art emergency response system. Kitchenettes come complete with a refrigerator/freezer and microwave oven. A contemporary bathroom design emphasizes safety and comfort with a large walk-in shower, assist bars, vanity, and mirror with ample lighting.
A complete dining program, housekeeping service, and transportation relive you of tedious household chores and endless errands. The monthly fee also includes utilities, and full maintenance service. Residents are also provided with education on exercise, nutrition, health maintenance and wellness programs. Health services and other support of physicians, podiatrists, and other specialists are also locally available for periodic checkups and consultation.
It’s also reassuring to know that residents have priority access to The Manor Care Center, designed for temporary or long-term nursing care.