Sunrise of East Brunswick - East Brunswick, NJ

The best decision for my mom

I love this community. My mother has been here for four years and is loving life. Before moving to sunrise she was miserable. Now, she has friends and enjoys going to her daily exercise. We are so happy to have found sunrise. The team cares for mom like she is their own mother.

[Removed], manager of Sunrise, could not have been more kind or helpful. Sunrise is clean, lively, and homey. I would have signed on the spot;however, the rates listed on this website for Sunrise and the rates that I was quoted differed by $2400. Unfortunately, I do not think my mother can afford it. That was very disappointing!

Very Satisfied with This Community

We are very pleased with my mother move to this community. Everything is working out well, and she is doing well. I'm satisfied with all they have done for us. This community is working out well for my family, and I would recommend it. It is a nice facility.

Nice Community, Great With Their Follow Up

My tour of this community was a nice one. The community looks nice and well maintained. The staff was kind and informative. They were great with their follow up to make sure we were doing well. It was a nice experience. I wanted a community that focused mainly on Alzheimer's care. This community is an assisted living and Alzheimer care. It is a very nice community, but not the one for my mother.

Very friendly staff who truly care for the residents. Bright and sunny atmosphere. Dad loves the food!

Nice place overall

We've had a good experience with Sunrise of East Brunswick so far. They're very conscientious in how they treat their residents. They are sensitive to their needs and always on hand if anyone needs help. They're also good about staying in contact with families, and they will not hesitate to call if anything comes up. They're an expensive community however, which brings the score down slightly. Mom has also mentioned that she likes the food!

nice place. clean, friendly...

nice place. clean, friendly and welcoming. but it's not what we are looking for. I have nothing bad to say about this place.

Very nice looking place!

We toured this location when we were looking into care options for our loved one. This was the second of the two sunrise communities we saw, and we were very impressed by both of them. This is a very nice looking community, and the staff were all very friendly and professional. However, this community was multiple floors, and due to our loved ones mobility issues I thought that might not be the best setup for her.

Really nice facility. It w...

Really nice facility. It was like being in a family-like atmosphere. The staff was friendly and the people there looked satisfied. When asked how is the food? one resident replied 'its very good' which is important to my mother. It had a nice gardening area which is utilized by the residents.

Beautiful location, and a homey atmosphere

One thing I really love about this community is how it is set-up on the grounds. It is set far back from the road, so although you are in the middle of a city it has a quieter, country feel. You get all the advantages of having convenient shopping and dining, but none of the obvious business or road noise.
The staff are very friendly, and very good at comforting the residents who are having difficulties.
It has a very homey atmosphere, the building layout and porches out front make you feel like you are visiting someone's home. The room set-up is also nice, it is a suite set-up, with shared portions like the bathroom and kitchen, but 2 individual bedrooms for privacy. It's something I haven't seen in a senior community.
One concern I have is with the pricing. I don't feel they've been clear about the potential costs, as the price we are paying has already gone up since she recently moved in. I feel they could be more upfront about the pricing.

Nice But Too Big

It was all very nice but I just didn't like the setting as much as another place. This place was bigger and just not the right place for my mom.

Bigger Facility, Slightly Outdated

It was okay. It's a bigger facility and they have nursing care there so if you fell or got hurt and needed more care you could just be transferred to another wing and stay there. That's a different feature that they had. The building seemed a little bit more dated. I think it was an old hotel and they were planning to refurbish it. It may be better by now.

was ok second choice.

was ok second choice.

Amazing place. Intelligent layout. Ev...

Amazing place. Intelligent layout. Everyone looked engaged and happy. Staff looked like they knew what they were doing. Beautiful place. Exec Dir. professional and authentic. 2 year spend down but no medicaid - will help you with placement

beautiful decor & setting, smiling em...

beautiful decor & setting, smiling employees, many residents moving around, talking in small groups, participation in activities, small studio, nice Denver room, very comfortable atmosphere, neat and clean, Rt. 18 - YUCK!

I think of all the assisted living fa...

I think of all the assisted living facilities I've seen, this would be my top choice. I really like the ambiance which reminds me of a bed and breakfast, the studio apartments are spacious, and I also like the concept of designated case managers, life enrichment managers and the community pets.

Sunrise of East Brunswick is located just minutes from the cultural and shopping center of New Brunswick, and in close proximity to New York City. We invite you to visit our beautiful community and experience first-hand the Sunrise difference.