Brandywine Living at Governor's Crossing - Englishtown, NJ

Brandywine Living at Governor's Crossing - Englishtown, NJ has yet not published prices.

We are very blessed to have dad here He has dementia and was not safe at home he has made friends he loves the food he is always well groomed the Day Nurse E and Evening nurse K are very good they keep us updated and they love what they do

Big Move

Beautiful Place Friendly Caring Staff Great Food Mom and Dad moved here from Florida We looked at a few places this was the best Dad has Alzheimer’s He has a Sweet Caring young nurse at night Its reassuring to know he is in good hands

Content

Poor activities in general Staff and residents friendly I truly love the evening nurse [name removed] in reflections she had my dad dancing that’s a miracle in itself Very happy here

Patients are treated with dignity and respect

Mom was very sad after dads passing. She was never quite right after that. Several years later she was diagnosed with dementia. Of course she didn't want to leave her home, but, we all knew it was time. She declined very rapidly. I was so happy I found a place that actually felt like home. The Reflections unit was perfect. She was confused and extremely sad... But Governor's brought her smile back and gave her a wonderful final year. She was treated with dignity and respect. There are simply no words to describe how grateful I am for Brandywine and the loving, caring staff at Governor's Crossing. [Name removed] has a heart of gold and went above and beyond for my mom and every one of those residents. She kept them happy and always involved. [Name removed] is a great nurse who always knows what's medically happening with all of her patients. Everyone is always smiling. Great employees, great place!

Activities is Poor in memory

I’m a visitor this weekend we came to the facility on two separate times each time we found absolutely no activities going on in memory impaired unit it’s as they are locked in a cage and the more severely demented the less you. Get attended to Think we made bad choice

I want better activities during the day

My loved one resides here I have to be honest it’s ok definitely not as attractive decor as other Brandywines Food served at poor temp so needs to be hot Many visit I find snacks empty on Reflections this should be replenished as well as the hydration with fresh iced drinks The fruit in main dining area that sits out is always old spoiled not appealing
One issue is Activities I’m so tired of coming in to Reflections to see them in front of a tv sleeping or left to stare at each other The coordinator when you approach her she claims she does activities but I never see a calendar I never see activities unless tv or weekend sing alongs where’s the trips? Trivia somthing I have been in at 10a 11a 1p 2p and same day after day when they do watch a movie in Reflections it’s on small tv
It’s very concerning this escapades Director needs to go look at other brandywines I have wanted to speak up to [name removed] or [name removed] but to be honest I think that Director would be evil to my mom in return

Overall feedback of 3 months of living there.

Brandywine at Governors Crossing in Englishtown is a lovely place. Very clean and well kept up. The food however is hit or miss. My mother has had some good experiences and not so good experiences. She is the first to give praise but the last one to complain. As her daughter I hear it when I make my visit. The food needs to be hot when arriving at the table. Fish is rubbery at times, hush puppies are hard. No noodles with the lasagna. Not enough sauce with the pasta. Dessert is the highlight of lunch/dinner. Breakfast is her favorite. The physical therapy she is getting is amazing. Couldn't walk much when she arrived but is making extremely great progress. The staff is pleasant. She loves having her hair and nails done on site.

The Best

Beautiful Facility Great Staff Best Care
Family like environment

Very Pleased

Visited over Holiday although renovations are in progress place clean
Activities could be better
Food is Fantastic
Great to see New Nurses so Friendly helpful and Caring
Gives you a sense of peace to know your grandmother is cared for

Highly recommend Brandywine

My mother lived in Reflections at Brandywine for over 2 years. My sister and I researched and visited all assisted living facilities in the area. We found Governor's Crossing to be the perfect fit. Our mother was well cared for and comfortable. The staff is always comforting and engaging with the residents. There are always activities or just quiet time depending on the residents choice. I know we made the right choice.

My experince with Brandywine

I have my father living in Brandywine. He is very happy. His health has improved since coming here. He is beginning to walk again. He loves the trips (especially to the casinos). I have been very happy with their help in getting him doctors and their support of him and my family. They answer any question and help with any extra needs he has.

TOP NOTCH FACILITY!

My dad is currently living at Brandywine at Gov. Crossing. He moved in 1 year this month.
Since moving in, I haven't seen my dad happier, healthier or more active in a very long time! He loves living at Brandywine and tells us so.
He is given the best care by a dedicated staff who are all truly caring, nurturing professionals. All his meals are taken care of including his special dietary needs. No more missed medicines either. Doctos and specialists come onsite regularly and transpostation to local doctors is also provided.
Every day he participates in exercise class and current events. There's Bingo, dancing, live entertainment, weekly & monthly trips incl. casino & NYC theater, and let's not forget movie nights in Brandywine's dedicated theater!
My dad, myself, and family couldn't be happier. Brandywine goes the distance and then some for all its residents and family members.

Mom and Brandywine

My mother moved into Brandywine at Govenor's Crossing this last December, (2013), after a stroke abruptly took her independence away. At 85 years old she was still working 2 days a week in a doctors' office, driving, volunteering in the community and for the Red Cross. A very active life. Although the change in her residence and the change in her independence were dramatic and difficult for her to face, the staff at Brandywine at Govenor's Crossing has done and keeps doing everything possible to keep mom fully engaged in her new life. I have been to "mom's" at different times of the day and at different days in the week and I have always found the staff smiling, warm and welcoming. And believe me, mom is not an easy little cupcake to care for. I have always found the residents well cared for and as independent as the setting allows. Sitting together in common areas engaged with each other, meeting in groups for book discussions, bingo, exercises or entertainers. Sitting outside under the front porch or around the Koi pond, or walking the paved pathways around the residence. I have eaten with her several times in the dining area ...unannounced... and have never been disappointed by the selection, quality of the food or friendliness and compassion of the staff. I always leave Brandywine at Govenor's Crossing feeling assured that mom is well cared for and safe. Does mom want to be there? NO! She longs to back in her "own home" driving her car whenever and wherever she pleased. Of all the residences we looked at before deciding on Brandywine at Govenor's Crossing, I know WE made the right choice.

Good Times at Brandywine

I have lived at Brandywine for several years and enjoy keeping myself very busy with the activities that are offered and overall I'm having a good time and have made lots of friends and look forward to many years here.

We Found the Right Place for Our Mom

My sisters and I were having a difficult time managing mom's care at home. She has Alzheimer's Disease and we tried the home care but did not work out well. We found a place centrally located and the staff is very caring and always there to make sure that things are going well. the facility is bright and cheerful !

Not a good experience

Would not put family member in their. Bad experience, my family member moved to another facility, much cleaner and so much better run , what a difference. Very caring staff.

I Recommend Brandywine

It's been very good for my mom. She adjusting to it. Obviously it's difficult to adjust to a situation like that but the staff has been great to her and slowly but surely she's managing to adjust. It's small enough where they know her on a first name basis and they know her idiosyncrasies. It's very clean and it's just seems like they're making her comfortable.

I really like the setting of it; it's not on highway; it's close to where her house is and also close to us so we can see her regularly. Their care seems to be very good. They have a separate dementia unit so they understand her situation. We can relax knowing that she's being taken care of. Amy, the director, and Donna, the nurse, are amazing. They really watch over her. I would recommend it to somebody - that's the bottom line.

Gave me the right feeling

I had been looking and researching communities for about a year and this one just felt like it was the right choice. When I first started looking I didn't know what to look for but after visiting multiple communities and looking into them I learned about what we needed and what was best for my loved one. Brandywine was the community I chose after all the searching because it just felt right.

have two units in Memory Care. sounds...

have two units in Memory Care. sounds like great facility - 3 levels of care in secured unit. 33 residents, 40 unit capacity. Building a secure wander garden. 3/4 aides to 8 residents. Care coordinator is point of contact. Trips, activities. "No one is bored here." Nurse on unit from 7 am to 9 pm.

Warm,home atmosphere.Friendly, engagi...

Warm,home atmosphere.Friendly, engaging residents & staff...

Quite clean. movies 2x a day. friendl...

Quite clean. movies 2x a day. friendly staff, nurses 24 hrs a day. month notice to move. Becky speaks spanish. alzhemers section. shoping trips. casino once a month. $250 deposit refundable.

An Outstanding Location:
Brandywine Living at Governor’s Crossing is scenically located on the border of Englishtown and Monroe Township, and is surrounded by Manalapan and Millstone Townships.

A Vibrant Lifestyle:
Enjoy the beautiful patio garden, koi pond, Tap Room, Library, and Movie Theatre with new friends. In fact, Governor’s Crossing offers an abundance of choices (Escapades…for Life!) for your entertainment and delight. If all this fun gives you an appetite, enjoy the ultimate choice with our All-Day Dining program. And, of course, you know that your beautiful suite and private bath await you…whenever.

A Commitment to Quality:
All the time you know that we are here with our caring team, including licensed nurses, All Day, All Night, On-Site, should you need us. And you have the comfort of knowing that Governor’s Crossing has been recognized as an Advanced Standing community by the State of New Jersey, acknowledging our commitment to quality, training, staffing, personal care, and regulatory standards. If you are looking for security and peace of mind, relax…we’re here.