Mattison Crossing at Manalapan Avenue - Freehold, NJ

Paint a true picture

My parent has been here for few years Yes I will admit the young man who took over as executive director is not good for this community he may be a nice guy but he truly is not up to running a facility I have seen too much of a decline but do we blame him or management they can read they can see so why have they not stepped up to replace him or educate him better The nurse is caring I have not had a issue with her at all making fun of a persons voice is not mature let’s focus on the community yes we need new director Food is good Activity Staff is exceptional

One lil boy can destroy a great place

I can’t believe that this Executive Director is asking staff to write positive reviews and have them pretend to be families I could not believe my ears Then I heard that in one of is meetings which he is always in his office he was trying to figure out what residents family wrote a negative comment This is why families residents are afraid to speak up because he would go out of his way to give those harsh negative backlash I have a question why can’t new owners see how bad he is

Stop fake reviews and get rid of ED

I am confused who is writing these positive reviews they must be phony or sadly new residents that have not truly experience the ignorance and poor management This facility has gone down rapidly so many families pull family out good staff left and the question asked why? All due to Executive Director and head nurse with annoying voice unless she squeaks as she lies This Executive Director has no heart for his residents he is a liar gossiper unprofessional and we so tired of hearing about your upcoming marriage Focus on the residents stop your chit chat and help stop hiding in your office and lying you are destroying a once great place

Amazing

There has been a recent change in management here and it definitely shows for the better! My mother has been here for a while now and she has had more and more fun with all of the activities they have available and trips they plan. She talks about [name removed], the bus driver, with the highest regard. On a more serious note, any concerns I have had have been addressed immediately and taken seriously. I truly believe my mother couldn’t be in better hands.

Family friend

blind tour over the weekend visited family friend. Only 4 staff members to assist aides. Nurses stating in front of staff this building is going down the tubes. New Management horrible. Family looking for new facility, the brookside needs to change there name or get a new management company to truly fix the building

Heartbreaking

I Don’t understand Why Owners would Hire this Director My Mom has been at Brookside for few years Now it’s just horrible Place unkept Staff miserable A Director who is never available or bold face Lies to you

New Management Needed

Extremely Disappointed Things seem to be being going in a downward spiral with new Executive Director Staff and Families are not happy [Removed]

Stephanie Hand

We are sorry you have had an unsatisfactory experience. Since your review was anonymous, we welcome you to email our corporate office at [removed] to further discuss your concerns.

An Epic Fail

My mother spent 40 days in Brookside. Her last day triggered her heart condition. She repeated the same conversation with aids [Removed]. She never recovered from his conversation.
Upon giving notice, the new Executive Director tried to hold back money the company was not morally entitled. The corporation did return our prepaid fees. It took much effort for the return of those advanced fees. The corporate contacts were consistently fired. I had to contact several corporate personnel in order to have a resolution.
The food is disgusting. This is a consistent complaint. Some of the food is a chocking hazard. It cannot be cut into bite sized portions. I actually brought a dinner back to the administration and asked them to eat it. Of course it was refused. I was assured things would improve. Not in my mother's tenure.
This is beautiful on the surface. Peel back a layer and experience the real Brookside. So much potential, so poor the reality.

Stephanie Hand

We are familiar with your situation and have addressed your concerns in the past.

Please reach out to us at [removed] to discuss any new questions that you may have.

Need better management

Care staff that help mom very good housekeeping could be better. Food is Kosher that is a plus Management lacks that care and heart I feel needed in a community such as this New Director too gossipy talks about others leaves me concerned what he says to others about mom and I Very expensive but where isn't it everywhere is costly Activities very nice

phenomenal staff

The staff here at this community are phenomenal. They are caring, and they interact with the residents so well. My mom is very happy with her 1bedroom/bath which has a small kitchenette and she has her own furniture which makes it feel more like home. There are a lot of different activies and my mom enjoys taking part in them, they also have field trips available to dr appointments shopping and lunch out for those residents who want to go. There is a good menu choice at the dining room, and my mom likes going down to eat there. The one thing that mom has said is that the interaction between the residents themselves is not very good and she does miss that. I would recommend setting up a tour here.

Uncaring

I'm very sadden to say I was truly hopeful the new change in director would be a positive for the community but many of us are not impressed you may ask why I don't feel this new director is forthcoming truthfully he won't look many in the eye and when a issue arrives he laughs and smiles this is not consoling dare some we say anything we don't want back lash to our loved ones Trust me It's fixable maybe he don't realize it

Tour Went Well Overall

I toured this community for my mother, and her needs. The tour went well, and everyone was friendly, The staff was kind, and helpful. From what I saw they do a good job with the cleanliness. It was a pretty nice experience, but I did find a better match for my mother, and her needs.

Seth Dudley

We thank you for the opportunity to visit with us at the Brookside. While we are sorry to hear that you found another community, we are happy to know that you have found a solution for your loved one. Please feel free to reach out in the future if you are in need of any assistance or further questions.

Worst than ever

Keeps getting worst!!!Last ED only cared about how building looked The new ED is immature seems very self absorbed Non accessible to families and residents He is a bit sarcastic

Seth Dudley

We are sorry to hear about your experience. Our new Executive Director has been in the community for a close to a couple of months now and is working diligently to ensure that he is accessible to each and every family member and resident. Through Meet and Greets with the family members to private one on one meetings - he has had the opportunity to meet many of the current family members and has gotten to know most all of the residents. Please feel free to reach out directly to the community to set up a meeting or contact the corporate office at [removed] with any specific concerns. We look forward to helping to forge a strong relationship moving forward.

Top Management has to go!!

BEWARE!!!
My Mom was at the Brookside for 5+ years. She suffered from Dementia which progressed over the time she was there. A few years ago, the place was sold to the Kaplan Organization. Since then it went downhill. They brought in a new director, [Removed], who was more concerned with the cosmetics of the facility than the care for its residents.
The staff was changed to include friends and unqualified caregivers. The turnover rate became weekly. Different faces of employees daily. My Mom eventually qualified for Medicaid. That's when the care really changed to almost inhumane. My Mom's care got so bad that she had sores all over, she was dehydrated regularly and she was malnourished. I had to have her hospitalized and moved to another home. Within a week after this happened and I complained, several supervisors were let go. Unfortunately, the wrong people were blamed and fired from their positions. The real problem starts at the top with the director, [Removed]. It's unfortunate for the current residents, future residents and the Kaplan Organization that this woman manipulates and puts blame on others in order to keep her job. [Removed]. She should be held accountable for the poor care and conditions that is bringing the quality of the Brookside down to the level it is. There are several residents and many employees that are afraid to say anything to avoid retaliation from the top management. [Removed] should be fired before it's too late. Keep your loved ones away!!!

Seth Dudley

We are sorry to hear about your experience at the Brookside. We have taken your situation seriously and want to ensure that your experience is not one that is repeated at our community. Thank you for the time speaking with us regarding your situation on the phone, we do appreciate your feedback and again are continuously utilizing feedback from residents, families, internal audits, etc. to ensure we are providing the highest quality care per our standards.

There really is no place like "home"

My Mom lived at Brookside until recently when she passed. Although nobody is perfect, the folks at The Brookside were very accommodating and responsive to any issues my brother and I had. Mom went from the regular part to the memory care and then when she became unable to even feed herself they still took care of her. I was shocked by that and even her doctor said she could go to a nursing home but they were able to keep her and gave her a lot of care and attention. We were glad we didn't have to move her and that she didn't have to leave the place she called "home".

Stephanie Hand

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was truly our honor to care for your Mom and we consider ourselves blessed to have been entrusted with such an important role in your family.

Horrible place!

Horrible place!!!! Staff is horrible, admin is horrible! They have bed bugs and other bugs! I've found roaches in the hallways where my mother was staying. Also some of their aides don't speak English and They are not certified!! I am calling state sometime today or tomorrow. They should not have non certified CNA or CHHA's taking care of these residents! They have no training! And every resident I see has bruises or cuts! Including my mother!

Stephanie Hand

We are sorry you had a negative experience and welcome the opportunity to find out more information. We have a contract with a great pest control company who makes sure that we don't have any issues. All of our aides are certified nursing assistants or home health aides as required under state regulations. We would love to discuss the details relative to your Mother's care and make sure to change your negative to a positive! Please contact Julia Fraser at [removed].

Not such a great place

The photos on your website are outdated. Dana Grossman has not been with Brookside for over a year.
I am very disappointed with the facility and it appears to have gone downhill quickly. They are understaffed and many of the aides are indifferent to the needs of the residents.

Stephanie Hand

Our website has been updated for quite some time now, we would love for you to hop on and check it out. Please also visit our Facebook page for the latest happenings so that you could see for yourself how happy our Residents and staff are on a daily basis.

Disappointed!

We are not so pleased with The Brookside. Yes it is pretty. Yes they are oh so nice when you are signing up. Not only do they misinform you, they outright lie. The communication between the staff is horrible. They fail to notify family members of important health related incidents. This is all I will say for now. Just think twice before trusting this place to handle the care of your loved ones.

Seth Dudley

We are sorry your experience was less than expected with us. I can assure you that we are eager to speak with you regarding your experience and see if we can rectify any ongoing concerns in relation to you and/or your loved one(s). We pride ourselves in our communication with families and strive to work side by side with each and every family member as health status and needs change so we can continue to provide the quality care that we pride ourselves on. Please feel free to contact us as soon as possible so we can fix any communication or other issues. As you can see from other reviews we have many happy and satisfied customers, but each person and family counts, as we would like the opportunity to make you a satisfied customer as well.

Very nice place!

We're very pleased by how things have gone with The Brookside so far! The staff is very friendly and courteous, and very attentive to the needs of the residents! They've done a great job looking out for my loved ones, they really seem to enjoy it here.
I really have no complaints whatsoever, they've come through on every promise they made to us when we were touring, and they're just a high quality place overall!

happy place at brookside!

My mom fell the week before she was to go to brookside and everything had to be reevaluated. It was a disappointment as she had to go to rose lane 1 but it was the best thing for her. The care has been very good and they have been veryhelpful with information. They care about their patients! I've been there while meals have been served and the food is good. They keep there patients busy so it makes the day go by happily for them. On the whole iam very happy with the place.

Very impressed by the facil...

Very impressed by the facility.

Dana Grossman

We are so glad you were able to see what The Brookside has to offer your loved one! Please stop by again.

Salon on site

They take good care of my loved one. They have some great staff here and then they have some not so great staff members. They seem to be better setup for regular assisted living but it also depends on each individual. We pay about $6,500 a month. Our loved one is being taken care of as far as we know and she has even been putting on some weight. They have a salon on site that they take the residents to about once a week.

Dana Grossman

Our reward is when our residents are thriving in the community. With so many amenities available to our residents, we pride ourselves on making every day a new opportunity to create happy memories for our residents & families. Please let us know how we can make tomorrow an even better day! Thank you for being a part of our family.

Fabulous also, but out of o...

Fabulous also, but out of our financial reach.

Dana Grossman

Thank you for touring the community. There are many financial options we can discuss. Please, do not hesitate to reach out with any questions on how we can make The Brookside your first choice.

Mattison Crossing, an assisted living community, provides a full range of services that promote the optimum level of comfort, security and a home like environment. Mattison Crossing offers a variety of apartments to fit your individual lifestyle. All apartments are equipped with sprinklers and smoke detectors. Amenities abound including the kitchens wall to wall carpet, large closets, window treatments, individually controlled heating and air conditioning. And for your convenience, each suite is equipped with an extra large full bathroom. The community boasts an impressive array of services, all meant to ensure a '5-star' experience. Exercise daily in our fitness room, take in a movie in our magnificent theater, be pampered in our beauty salon, read a book or surf the internet in our library, or create your own project in our arts and crafts studios. Mattison Crossing also offers a helping hand with on-site healthcare services such as bathing, showering, dressing, help with medications and ensuring excellent on-site care by visiting doctors. Mattison Crossing has its own beautifully appointed synagogue, available daily, Shabbat and high holiday services. Coupled with a kosher kitchen, the community has created a Jewish cultural environment that is second to none.