Brookdale Monroe - Monroe Township, NJ

Brookdale Monroe - Monroe Township, NJ has yet not published prices.

[Name removed] was extremely helpful and went above and beyond to assist with transition process for my mother. The facility was exceptional. This was a great experience.

Thanks Brookdale

My mother [name removed] is very well taken care of at Brookdale. The staff is always friendly and accommodating to her needs. My family and I very much enjoyed the father's day brunch yesterday. Thank you as always. From the [name removed] family...

I liked that Brookdale was a small assisted living with only 100 residents. The decor was very nice and homey. Residents I met seem to be very happy there. Jessica was very helpful with all her info and answered all my questions. We toured the different sized rooms, which were a nice size.

Do not waste time or money

Horrible Place Poor Management Nurses are Rude Care aides ignore calls for assistance
This facility is not what we hope it would be

perfect Fit For Mom

This was the perfect fit for the mom. The community is just so warm and inviting. The staff is very nice and caring and the physical and occupational therapy is fabulous. Mom is enjoying meeting new people and developing friendships with them. She really likes the food which has been a blessing. Overall we are extremely pleased with this community and would recommend them.

Returning Home

We are moving my mom back home because she has decided after being there awhile that it's just not the right fit for her. She misses her home and her privacy. She had met some really nice people here and the staff is wonderful they are right on top of issues. In fact, the residents where pendants around their necks in case of emergencies and those seem to be malfunctioning to the point where the staff will come and do a wellness check no matter what time day or night because they get an alert from the pendant and there is nothing wrong. I will say that my mom received excellent physical therapy from here.The food was wonderful.

Issue with aides delivery of care and administration's response

Our mother was a resident at Brookdale at Monroe for 17 months. We had high hopes that this move from independent living would continue to foster our mother’s sense of dignity and self-worth. Unfortunately, our experience didn’t match our expectations. The facility was clean, pleasant, and the activities and food were without complaint. Our biggest and most consistent issue was how our mother was treated by the staff and the lack of appropriate action taken by administration to address these concerns. Our issue was solely with the administration and how they handled the complaints we made on behalf of our mother and her treatment by the aides.
A slight stroke left out mother with limited mobility which necessitated a move to assisted living. Being confined to a wheelchair meant that our mother was completely reliant on the aides to for every physical move; ie in and out of her recliner, wheelchair, toilet, commode etc. The only thing our mother could do was brush her teeth and feed herself. Dressing, toileting and even just reaching for her water, tv remote, and blankets was impossible. Therefore her reliance on the aides was all encompassing. While some of the aides treated out mother with patience and respect, there was a consistent lack of understanding, a sense that out mother should be doing more to assist the aides and a conveyed feeling that our mother was a burden and inconvenience. Over the course of 17 months, we reported specific instances of inappropriate, rude and hurtful comments, such as; “ you are too heavy for us to move”, “you don’t help us at all”, “stop drinking so we don’t have to toilet you so much”, “my back hurts from lifting you”) however, the response from the administration was always in favor of the aides. We were always told that the aides reported a different version of the incident with our mother being described as uncooperative and needy. And we were required to pay for additional help which our mother rarely received. We never felt as though our mother was cared for or respected in the way we were told she would be during our tour and inspection of Brookdale. The last 2 –3 weeks of our mother’s stay at Brookdale caused great concern by family members. She was attended to last for meals resulting in her eating a cold breakfast alone in the dining room; oftentimes being the only resident at her table for lunches and dinners.

Our mother was a dynamic, vibrant and accomplished independent woman who experienced many unfortunate physical illnesses which slowly limited her mobility. She remained sharp and had limited cognitive impairment which made her treatment at Brookdale all the more demeaning and unacceptable. She always stated that she felt she was treated as less than a human being which made her situation all the more difficult and sad for her and our family.
We have since moved her to another facility where she receives respectful and decent treatment as she should. In our first week, an incident arose in which an aide made an inappropriate comment. When we reported it to the administration, it was handled in a quick and professional manner with the aide apologizing to our mother and family members. This is all we ask and expect; for our mother to be treated with respect, dignity and kindness. Unfortunately we rarely experienced that at Brookdale.

A good place for a respite stay.

I think my husband was happy when he stayed at Brookdale. The staff were nice and answered our questions. He did not complain about the food. They offered some activities and the community was clean. I would use this community again.

We Had An Opportunity To Tour

The staff were well-trained and very positive and time considerate on the tour. Due to the far commute we thought it would be too much to visit weekly. I also considered the price and it was not the best priced.

It Is Still A Transitioning Time

My mother-in-law is adjusting to her new place. It is a very nice facility and the residents are very nice. She did a craft today and helped out another resident. The meals are very good and looks delicious. She can get a sandwich if she does not want the meal. I have asked for better communication on calling us when she takes a shower and sees the psychiatrist, they are going to work on this.

Good Tour, But Not Able To Provide the Care My Mother Needed

My tour of this community was a good tour. The community looked nice and clean. From what I saw it appears to be well maintained. The staff was kind and friendly. They were not able to provide the level caring my mother needed. Overall it was a good tour, but not the place for my mother and her needs.

Great Job Erika Ribaudo - Brookdale Monroe, NJ

My Dad has been in Memory Care at Brookdale Monroe for about a month and I have to say he is very comfortable and happy. He seems to have adjusted well and his dimentia , while still there, has not been exercerbated but rather he is much more relaxed. They get them up, clean them, feed them and then have activities all day long which allows him to be mentally stimulated! I am happy we chose Brookdale Monroe. Vanessa, the third floor memory care nursing supervisor is an angel...she cares for every patient and treats them with respect, depending on how their memory illness manifests itself! A winner for our family from the nurses to the administration. They make you feel so very special! Thank you especially to Erika Ribaudo who took the time, listened and made the suggestion we go to Brookdale. She is especially great with people like me who have to put their parent in an assisted living facility...all in all a GREAT experience!

Very nice place, great food!

My loved one has only been here a few weeks, but so far our experience with Brookdale Monroe has been a very positive one! The staff here is friendly, conscientious, and professional. I really like that everyone helps out with everything, we visited for a spaghetti dinner and I saw their finance manager out helping to serve food! My loved one really enjoys the dining service, they serve the meals restaurant style and the food itself is very very good!

Right choice for Stepdad

Jessica Martin, who gave us our tour of Brookdale Monroe, was engaging, patient and knew how to speak so that our very hard-of-hearing stepdad could hear her. We found Brookdale to be inviting, with attractive communal spaces and a variety of living units. The nurses and dining room staff showed the professionalism and respect for and enjoyment of residents that we Hoped to see. Our stepdad selected Brookdale on his own over another facility we saw. He has been there for a month and is getting the physical rehab that he was looking forward to. We are tremendously relieved that our stepdad is in a place of his own in a facility where he can get assistance at any time if needed. He has an excellent appetite and enjoys the food. Our experience of Brookdale to date has been very positive and the cost is comparable to other area facilities.

impression of a very nice hotel

At Brookdale at Fosrgate I got the impression of a very nice hotel. They take the residents out for travel and the trips are a little too short. For instance they will take them to the mall and only stay about an hour. That is the only negative I would say about the facility. Things are going good here.

Five-Stars

Just the way that all of the staff members over at Wynwood at Forsgate have been taking care of my mother has just been very good. I would have to give them a five-star rating for all of the categories.

sincere and caring

Wynwood at Forgate which is now Brookdale could improve on how many activities they have. The staff are very sincere and caring at this facility. They are very friendly here.

Needs More Activities

My mother says she doesn't like the food. I think they could add a few more activities. They have bingo like every day, which is fine but I think they could add a couple more. Other than that, everything is good.

Nothing Else I Can Compare It Too.

Overall the staff is good only worst part I can think of is their is somewhat of a language barrier sometimes kind of hard to understand. Other than that my wife is happy and like is there.

Lost in the 80's

It is a little early in my wife's residency to give a complete review but so far there are only minor concerns. The important thing is that my wife seems to be happy; all my concerns won't impact her happiness.

I will discuss her care in the future as I already have a minor concern. Maybe it will go away with time.

The telephone system is awful, as if it were lost in the 80's. The operator (yes, they have an operator) is very intrusive and attempts to screen all calls. They have no or poor voice mail coverage. It makes me wonder what else isn't up to date.

Brookdale Senior Living

As a valued family member and resident, what you and your wife think is important to us. By giving us your feedback, you are helping us to understand what we need to focus on improving. Your feedback is always appreciated and will be reviewed.

Review of Wynwood at Forsgate in Monroe Township, NJ

We had difficulty finding a home for my dad because we didn't know the area well. My dad lives in the memory care area there. The staff is so friendly. He is happy and clean and that is the most important thing to us. He has lived there for about 6 months and we couldn't be happier. Anytime we have a concern it is addressed quickly.

It seems like they just don't care, it's a snake pit.

This feedback is about the memory care unit, that is the side we have had experience with. The cleanliness is poor. It's filthy, I am about to hire my own person to come and clean, nothing gets disinfected, although they will tell you it is. The staff is overworked, I was told the ratio is one caregiver for every four residents, but it doesn't look that way to me. The help is so inexperienced, and incompetent, they need training, it's not lack of effort, just lack of education. There is only one nurse on staff, and people are leaving. Sometimes they don't change the residents all day long. Management is terrible, they don't do anything to address concerns or complaints. Everything changes without notice, I signed a contract and was told what the amount for care would be, then it jumped 400 dollars. When it comes to finding out about changes or billing, they are just not approachable. Every time I call I try to leave a message, and it's always broken. The food doesn't look appetizing, I would give it a two. When you first get there they give you a great sales pitch, but a month later it all changed. We have been here over a year now, and I don't want to say that they are mistreating them, there is no abuse, but they aren't providing adequate care to the residents. It seems like they just don't care, it's a snake pit.

Did not have a good experience here

I withdrew my loved one from this community after an incident where she soiled herself at some point during the day, and when I came to visit her in the evening neither she nor her room had been cleaned. Employees had signed off on the chart saying she'd been checked on. They didn't have any explanation, so I let them know I would be moving her as soon as I could find another community.

Met with Tiffany - good dis...

Met with Tiffany - good discussion; toured facility. Energy was a bit off; lighting yellow-ish; rooms needed some upkeep (fixtures and paint, re-attaching, etc); memory unit incl sitting people in front of tv; no memory beds avail at this time.

Nice looking place, a bit too large for us

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for our loved one. This was a nice looking community, the facility itself was clean and well kept and all of the staff we met on the tour were very friendly. We felt this facility was just too large to have been somewhere our loved one would have been comfortable.

Nice facility as well. The...

Nice facility as well. The staff there is very nice and accommodating and close proximity to my home. It was right off the NJ turnpike and you can hear the traffic noise which may be a problem for noise sensitive people.

Close contender

I toured this community when we were looking into care for my parents and was impressed with what I saw. It seemed like they would be able to provide everything my parents needed, and was a nice looking community. We eventually settled on a different location, but this was a very close contender, our second choice.

Good place

They were good, they were sufficiently staffed, nice, very accomodating, they helped my dad, they were friendly, they nurses were all good but he was only there 3 weeks. It was local, good food and it seemed to be a good palce when we looked.

Possible fit; 2BR room is decent size...

Possible fit; 2BR room is decent sized, only 1 BA. Approx 4' lip to showers.

liked this one. dad liked this one. w...

liked this one. dad liked this one. will most likely use this one if all workes out.

Would probably fit in here. Next time...

Would probably fit in here. Next time I visit,I need to see more of the residents.

very professional staff, baby dolls a...

very professional staff, baby dolls and handbags, concerned nursing staff, residents seemed engaged.

My mom thought it was OK.

My mom thought it was OK.

Brookdale Monroe provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale’s signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Our residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

At Brookdale Monroe we promise Respect for Individual Preferences and offer personalized care needs in an atmosphere that encourages each resident to live in health and longevity. Brookdale Monroe provides a comfortable lifestyle, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs and care. Our residents enjoy life with any support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Our community is dedicated to enriching the lives of our residents every day with signature services to those who value their freedom and independence, but desire or need services providing them with the highest level of quality, care and value.

Our Clare Bridge Place program serves those with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. Each day, we promise to work to deliver Daily Moments of Success for each resident. The Clare Bridge Daily Path provides structure and activities each day designed to meet specific needs of those with dementia, while the Clare Bridge Dining Program, designed by a gerontologist and registered dietician, helps residents retain the ability to enjoy and master the daily dining experience.