Prince George Healthcare Ctr - Georgetown, SC has yet not published prices.

A Fair Warning !

After a serious accident to my leg, I was brought to Prince George from the ER of the Local Hospital. The orders of care and stitch removal were sent to the Dr. of record there (as far as I know, the only DR.).In over 3 weeks, I received 4 warm and 1 hot meal. Only once did I receive what was on the menu that I ordered from. My bed was changed twice and the plumbing kept malfunctioning. (overflowing commodes When this happened at night, the nurse resolved the problem by tossing a few towels on the floor. ) When my wound became infected I insisted on seeing the Dr. - still a no show. I was transported at my expense to the ER and there the Dr. on call showed disgust at the lack of care. The stitches should have been removed more than a week earlier and the dressings should have at least been changed as needed. I was returned to the rehab facility, again no Dr. on call. Finally upon my insistence of seeing "the Dr.", the staff informed me that" the Dr." would be in the building the following morning. I never saw him. Fuming, I made a stink. The following am at my breakfast table, a man approached me and inquired of my name. I responded that if he was my attending physician, he should know it. In a wheel chair, with my leg raised under the table, he lifted the table cloth and commented that it looked ok. (Leg was totally bound and wrapped. ) At 10 pm that night I was home in my own bed. I must say before I close, that I truly don't know how things would have turned out, but for one gutsy night nurse who canned the orders and used common sense and her training to cleanse and change my dressings and the excellent physical therapy I received. In conclusion this establishment should be shut down or replace almost the entire staff. One other interesting note: on more than one occasion, after ringing for help at 7:50pm, while I was in my wheelchair observing and waiting for someone to help me into bed with my pm meds, the head floor nurse saw me at my door, under the lit room call light and totally [Removed] me for almost 2 hrs.