Cardinal Village - Fredericksburg, VA

I toured this place and really like the set up, there were lots of activities and suite size was good, some better than others. Recommend touring this place.

Recommend this place!

My mother is a resident of Cardinal Village. My father is able to visit her every day so he is able to see the day to day care and attention or any lack thereof. I can say without hesitation that there is absolutely no lack. She is well cared for and the residents are able to roam the facility behind the lobby door, which is locked. Cameras are in every hallway can can be seen by staff members. The staff keep in touch with each other via radios. The residents are assigned to staff members so every staff member is not directly responsible for all residents at the same time. With smaller groups, the residents get more personalized attention. If someone doesn't show for a meal, someone serving lunch will use the radio to request a search of a resident by their room number. My mom has only been a resident for a year, yet I feel a bond with some of the staff. My mom is getting all of her prescribed medication, which she hadn't for the prior year. I would recommend Cardinal Village to anyone in search of a memory care facility for their loved one.

We were very impressed and our father is now a resident!

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience; we appreciate your feedback and we're honored to provide care for your father!

Very nice facility for memory care.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your review; we appreciate your feedback!

A Fantastic Community

This is truly a fantastic community. My loved one is doing amazing here at this community. They are caring for her very well. The community is very well-kept. There is always someone cleaning. They have really gone above and beyond for us. We are very pleased with everything they have done for us. They have wonderful activities. The meals are amazing. They are very accommodating.

It's been a journey.

It hasn't been easy but worth it. We ran into a few issues trying to find a place that was right for my Dad and went through a couple different communities before moving him into the Poet's Walk in Fredicksburg. They've been absolutely wonderful. This place is very different from the rest and hoping that it all works out.

Poet's Walk has given my family and I such peace of mind since moving my mom there in December. The staff is very friendly, respectful, and knowledgeable. My mom tells me each time I visit, that the nurses take very good care of her, and are so nice. She participates in activities that weren't available to her at home, and she also loves the food. This was a very hard decision for us to make, but after seeing how well mom is doing, and how well she has adjusted, we are relieved that we made Poet's Walk our choice for her care.

engaging staff

We have only been here for a couple of months. The care services seem to be fine from what I have seen. They offer plenty of activities but my husband does not participate. What drew me there was the fact that it was for dementia patients only. I like the security the residents have there. The staff seems be engaged with the residents every time I go to the facility.

Going well

Everything seems to be going well with the staff, the facility and the food. So far, we are having a good experience at Poet's Walk.

very caring

They communicate very well, usually. There was one time though that my husband was seen by the physician and I did not know about it and he ended up getting on some medications that I feel he should not have because it was not communicated.

Everyone there is very caring. It is a nice place and overall it has been a very positive experience.

Friendly and helpful staff

Our experience with Poet's Walk has been a good one, they do quite well across the board. It's an extremely clean environment, and they have a good ratio of residents to caregivers. The management staff have also all been very helpful, informative, and easy to work with.

Expensive for Fredericksbur...

Expensive for Fredericksburg: Poet's walk is a secure community with two outdoor courtyards and is licensed for 60 residents, all memory care. They have activities 7 days/week, including field trips on Tuesday and Thursdays. She was able to provide quite a bit of information regarding their activities and seemed very passionate about the facility and services they provide. She also noted that because they are a new facility they have been able to be picky when hiring their staff. The cost information : private studio $178/day ($5,340/month) [removed] $18-34/day ($540-1,020) - most patients are $22/day ($660) Community fee - $3,000 (refundable on a prorated basis if stays less than 90 days) reservation fee - $250 (refundable) So, the cost range is $5,880-6,360, with the average residents paying $6,000.

Cardinal Village is the only senior living provider in the County designed and built exclusively for residents with memory impairments such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Lewy-Body and other related dementias. While other assisted livings may offer a “wing” of memory care rooms, our brand new, state-of-the-art community features 60 spacious, light filled apartments all on one level. We offer a variety of private studio and companion suite floor plan options, as well as finely appointed common areas and professionally landscaped outdoor courtyards with walking paths.

We are passionate about providing seniors with the highest quality care and service in attractive, comfortable, state-of-the-art communities. Our highly trained staff is deeply committed to providing compassionate memory care and proactively communicating with residents and their families. They go through rigorous training in all aspects of dementia including behaviors, communication, activities and personal care.We are proud to be the only community in Spotsylvania.

Construction is complete and our beautiful new community opened its doors at the end of July, 2013. Please visit for a tour to see floor plans, apartment options, program information and get more detailed information about the property.