HeartFields at Fredericksburg - Fredericksburg, VA

Not A Five Star

Nursing Med Staff and CNA's do not put in place procedures to adequately provide consistent care. Following through on In-House Doctors orders for new medications or tests is constantly overlooked. Nursing aide assistance is inadequate which includes coming within a reasonable amount of time when a residents pushes their help call button. (I was told within 15 minutes sometimes we have waited for an hour).Giving my mom her twice a week showers is a hit or miss. I'm not notified if my Mom's medications run out and if I am its after they have run out (I discover for myself she's not getting them) I visit my Mom almost everyday so I have first hand knowledge of the inconsistent care my Mom has received. It all depends on what nurses and CNA's are on the floor because some do their jobs professionally others don't. Directors have been informed of these shortcoming but nothing improves. The Dining Room Food preparation and selection needs improvement. I feel as if I have to visit my Mom everyday just to make sure she is properly cared for as I was promised she would be. Our family now takes her home each Friday,Saturday & Sunday just so we can make sure she's not [Removed].For those residents that don't have loved ones visiting I'm concerned about who is their advocate. My Mom has been a resident for over 3 months. Also we are still waiting on the wheel chair that was ordered the 3rd week of January.

Great Price and Home Environment

My In-laws seem very happy here. The meals seem to be good for them. They provide housekeeping for their room and the facility is kept clean. My parents seem to enjoy the activities and outings they have. The staff seem more caring and involved with residents. They are less expensive and have more of a home environment. Their room has great layout, in the shape of an "L".

My Dad Is Okay

I am happy with the level of care my dad gets here. He is doing okay too. The community is kept clean for all the residents. My dad is eating well, from what the community makes. There is plenty of activities and my dad has tried a few of them. I would recommend this community.

So Far Everything Is Going Good

So far everything is going very well for my mother at this community. She seems to have adjusted well and I am pleased. The community looks great and everything looks nice and clean. I really enjoy the staff they have been very helpful and welcoming. She has tried some new activities. The activities are really geared to simulate the brain. The food is very good, they do sever a nice well balanced meal. They are doing the best they can to care for my mother. I would recommend it.

Friendly, welcoming staff

Overall I think things have gone very well with HeartFields Assisted Living! They really put a lot of effort into making the transition easy for my loved one, and everyone here is very friendly and professional! The facility itself is well kept and clean, and she even really seems to like the food! My only complaint so far is that I wish they would keep me a bit more in the loop when it comes to her day to day activities.

Nice place -- friendly people -- and ...

Nice place -- friendly people -- and caring.

Caring Community

Everyone is extremely helpful and friendly. They truly care about those who reside there. Would recommend Heartfields to anyone!

This had the look and feel of a nursi...

This had the look and feel of a nursing home. We were not looking for that type of environment.

Everyone was very helpful

Everyone was very helpful

Very expensive, but they have a lot o...

Very expensive, but they have a lot of activities and the facility is beautiful.

Welcome to HeartFields, a Five Star Senior Living community and Fredericksburg’s premier Assisted Living residence! In our beautiful, home-like setting, located less than two miles from Olde Towne, Mary Washington Hospital and Interstate 95, you will find 24-hour nursing, respectful caregivers, Assisted Living with additional levels of care, a secured dementia/Alzheimer’s unit, individual care plans, an on-site team of specialists, group social events and much more. HeartFields at Fredericksburg offers many lifestyle conveniences to make your experience comfortable and inviting. Our interior is tastefully appointed with a gracious foyer, including a piano. You will be captivated by the fireplace, common rooms, comfortable dining room and lounge, restaurant-style dining daily and our 24-hour beverage/snack café. Resident parking and complete maintenance services are also provided.

Our secure and manageable environment welcomes your family and friends anytime! At HeartFields at Fredericksburg, a hassle-free life is what we are all about!