The Crossings at Falls Run - Fredericksburg, VA

Clean well run facility. We especially liked the memory care facility. We are hoping that it works out for our parents.

In Fredericksburg, this is in my top two properties. My tour was very nice and informative. The tour guide was very knowledgeable and answered all my questions. I like the property. It was clean and everyone seemed to enjoy either working or living there.

Not bad except for the food

My parents have been there from August 2017 to the present.. There has been a fair amount of staff turnover during that period. The facility is newer, well maintained and has nice amenities.. No buy in which is nice. Food quality and service is generally poor. For the fees that should be much better. Good activities director!

A little to Pricey for our budget

The staff here did a very nice job showing us around, and they did take their time to answer all our questions. This is a lovely community and there seem to be a lot of amenities here for their residents, the lay out is nice. We just felt that they were a higher priced compared to some of the other communities we had seen.

One Man's Trash is Another's Treasure

Our dealing with Harmony Square of the Crossings is totally a mentally, physically, and financially hurting experience. Just in a mere week after we sent our loved one to them, we received at least four different kinds of conflicting messages from them:

* Comforting remarks that our loved one is in good hands, and that they are used to handling difficult situations;
* Calls for help to deal with our loved one, as we were the supposed professionals;
* Decisions to deal with difficult situations, which are not followed through;
* Ultimatum to kick out our loved one, no matter what.

Fortunately, Poet's Walk accepted the outcast, our loved one. And thanks for their professionally executed care plan, our loved one is on his way to his normal life.

It was great, the facility was lovely, enjoyed meeting the staff.

Pleasant senior living search from start to finish.

We were referred this community from A Place for Mom. The whole experience from start to finish was pleasant. Our senior living advisor found what we were looking for. The woman who took us around at The Crossings really handled things well. She was resourceful and had a warm kind energy about her.I moved my father in and arranged everything and it could not have gone smoother.They seem to offer a very nice array of possibilities for residents. I ate there three times and I thought the food was terrific. We are pleased and my father is doing well.

Excellent facility. The units are nice but small. Price is reasonable with lease instead of by in fees.

Highly Recommended!!

One of the things that i really liked about this place was the common areas that they have. They have a beauty salon, a cafe, and a fitness center. Their meals are meant to accommodate the needs of the residents there is a wide variety. The layout of this place suited my mother's needs. It was nice and tidy. Most importantly i felt this would be a secure place for her.

I feel The Crossing is a great place to live!!!

Both my mom and dad live at The Crossings, one in assisted living and one in independent living. Mom and dad are REALLY pleased and happy living there. Nothing compares to living/being at home. When the time comes when a move is necessary, no better place in the Fredericksburg area than at The Crossings.

Great place

I do not really think there is anything that i do not like about it there. My parents seem to love it and I feel like it was a great decision and move for our family.

Happy at The Crossings at Falls Run

My mother moved into The Crossings at Falls Run last month and is very happy there. Her favorite activity is the daily happy hour, where she can enjoy a glass of wine while socializing with friends. The other residents have been very warm and welcoming, and the staff is friendly and helpful. Mom has also been very pleased with her apartment and loves the food. The whole experience has been a good one!

A very nice place

It's a very nice place. I feel safe with my mother in law being there. It's nice to know that they call me when she falls. The nursing staff is very nice and friendly. It has been a very good experience. There is always room for improvement. I can't rate the activities because I don't have enough experience with them. It is not applicable. Overall, so far so good.

I Can Relax, Again...

First, no human waste smell - anywhere!
Second, FRIENDLY service from everyone, from administrators to care givers to maintenance to food services, etc.
Third, happy residents. A rare thing to see when looking for a new home for Mom and/or Dad.
Fourth, a detailed step-by-step review of ALL of the costs that even I was able to follow.
Fifth, if they promise something, they deliver on that promise. In fact, they bend over backwards to accommodate you and your loved ones.
Sixth, it's so affordable compared to, well, anywhere else in the area.
In short, I'm so happy I was able to get my Mom in this facility. It took some time but she's happier here than in her old apartment (she'd deny it, of course).

poor staffing and lack of management leadership

Staffing is a certain issue hear, no one is around when you need them or the nursing staff is always running around from room to room. Administrative staff is non-supportive and/or never around, the poor nursing staff is always stepping in and attempting to cover for the administrations incompetence and lack of respsonsibility-no one knows what management is doing or where they are, a definate LACK OF COMMUNICATION AND LEADERSHIP.

The rooms are only cleaned twice a week and believe me
some of the apartment bathrooms could be cleaned daily, as I understand it is the nursing staffs responsibility to clean in between the housekeeping schedule, don't they have enough to do!

This place is allowing residents to stay there where they should be in a nursing home to receive the proper care
they need, they are taking away from the care and attention the actual ASSISSTED residents need. it seems this company is just interested in getting their money and could care less about the person and it is quite clear a definate lack of respect and concern for their nursing staff , isn't there some sort of violation here? I understand they were just
given their license back after coming off of a provisionary
license-hasn't administration learned anything!!

This facility is also advertising 24 hr nursing staff, when on more than SEVERAL occasions there has not been a nurse scheduled or present in the building . This facility will have a Medication Aide/Tech on staff in the place of a Licensed Nurse on the evening and night shift on many occasions. To me
this is the most crutial time to have a licensed nurse on staff since anything could happen and you would need a nurse on staff to handle these situations. Also the front doors are open most of the evening and night time allowing anyone to enter during the night and the conciere is not always at the front desk A definate
SECURITY ISSUE here!!

in my opinion pull your loved out of this place or do not take them at all before it is too late. The cost of living in this facility is way more than what you will receive in attention and care.

High staff turnover. They forgot to order my mom's prescription drugs which she ran out of and had to be without for 3 days.
Alarm bells in the apartments do not work well or staff ignores them. My mom fell in the bathroom during the night and no one responded to the call bell. She laid on the floor for 3 hours until she could get herself over to the phone and dialed 911. Rescue squad come up to her room and helped her back into bed. When I questioned staff about it the next day staff was never even aware the rescue squad had been there! (Poor security) They denied it ever happened! I obtained a copy of the rescue squad's report to show them. Never even got so much as an apology.
They cut back on the frequency of doing laundry and bathing from what was originally promised because they can't seem to hold onto their staff. Poor management.
Be forewarned: If your loved one requires hospice care and does not live on the first floor, hospice will not be allowed in to see them. Staff says having hospice patients on upper floors is in violation of the fire code. In my mother's final dying days, I had to run around looking for an assisted living facility that would allow her to have hospice services and move her. It was a nightmare.

Not recommended, no consistency

Management is horrible, the community it self is great for loved ones. Turn over all the time and always short staffed.

Wonderful!

I think it’s wonderful. Our loved one is a new woman. It changed her life. She was living in Leisure World and never really knew anyone. Once she moved in here, she’s met a lot of people – now she’s out every day! She loves the food! There are so many actives going on! They have Happy Hour every day.

Meh.

Huge staff turnover. Chaotic and false promises.

Wouldn't recommend it

Poor management, does not value staff. Takes cnas 10+ minutes or longer to respond to residents rooms. Short staffed constantly. Unable to find help when you need it. Staff does the absolute minimum. Rooms are not cleaned properly.

One of the best

The Crossings at Falls Run is a great place to live.
Independent living offers large inviting apartments with plenty of natural light. You can find Julie, Ester, and Lauren walking the building, talking to the residents and offering laughter and hugs at any given time.
The pub offers Happy Hour each night before a delicious dinner is served by one of the best chefs in Fredericksburg.
Assisted Living offers large apartments with care and assistance from a loving dedicated staff.
Clean, friendly, modern and definitely worth a visit!

Their responsiveness is not as quick as I would like

Their responsiveness is not as quick as I would like, they don't always come right away. When we were around, they responded faster to the call bell. They did have a good variety of things to do. He loved the food, it would be about a 4 out of 5. It was a brand new facility it was cleaner and more modern. I've found that the sheets were not being changed on a regular basis and they said that they would be changed on a regular basis. Once we mentioned it and brought it up we didn't have a problem, but you kind of need to pay attention and be on top of it. We chose them because of their list of activities and having a library on each floor, and the closeness to us.

So far id say its real good, a think ...

So far id say its real good, a think theres a little confusion at the front desk. Theres sometimes things theyll advertise are going to happen and they dont know about it but its just little things like that and it could be because its new. The always post activities on a calendar so you know what's going on during the month.

very new; loved the area an...

very new; loved the area and community but too expensive, no porch or balcony. had independent living plus which is perfect for her.

We're very happy!

I contacted A Place For Mom and my Rep helped me narrow our choices to 3 places. My brother-in-laws toured the 3 properties and thought The Crossings was the best option. My husband had lunch there and thought the food was great. We really needed a place for my mother-in-law that was safe, I think The Crossings at Falls Run is worth every penny. We are happy with our decision.

$3,000 down, $3,000+ per month, Phone...

$3,000 down, $3,000+ per month, Phone included

The Crossings at Falls Run is a new senior living complex in Fredericksburg, Virginia, that offers care at three levels. Independent living apartments are spacious one or two bedroom unitsùsome featuring patios or balconiesù that come with appliances and all utilities are included. All maintenance, inside and out, is done by staff, freeing seniors to pursue other interests. There is scheduled transportation to take you to appointments or recreation outside the community but you might not need it. The Crossings has a new theater, a fitness center, a beauty parlor/barber shop and a pub/coffee shop all on campus. They offer fitness programs, cultural and entertainment events and arts and crafts to residents as well. The 115 independent living apartments come with 30 meals a month in the restaurant-style grand dining rooms, weekly housekeeping and 24-hour staff. Assisted living units cater to residents who need help to maintain their lifestyles. In addition to most of the amenities of independent living apartments, residents in the 42 assisted living apartments receive up to 30 minutes of personal care daily, and have access to 24-hour medication management. They receive three restaurant-style meals, and there is a free beverage and snack bar available all day. Residents who have AlzheimerÆs or other memory loss conditions live in comfortable, secure units similar to the assisted living apartments. There are sensory stimulation and fitness programs available, and each resident is given an individualized service plan. The Crossings at Falls Runàa secure future, and a bright today.