Greenfield of Stafford - Stafford, VA

Overwhelming Bad Odor Lingering

We were not very impressed with our tour of this community. There was a strong overwhelming smell of urine in the upstairs area of the community. Also the temperature was a very high, and that did not make the smell any better. The staff was respectful,and kind. Everyone was friendly to my family, and I. However this was not the community for my mother, and her needs.

Excellent care and service

Greenfield Assisted Living made the transfer for mom so easy for her and the family with their caring staff. She is well attended by the staff which alleviates stress and worry and Greenfield takes care of everything. They have a beautiful facility inside and out.

My visit

This was a nice community when I looked at it. The people I met were nice. I did not like that the dementia care unit was small and did not seem very active. We were looking for a more active community for my loved one.

Part of the family

I really needed to get my mom into an assisted living center. Greenfields is fantastic and fits the bill perfectly. You are always welcomed with a smile and as part of the family. My mom is really happy now and so is my family.

First-Rate Assisted Living Facility

Greenfield of Stafford is a first-rate facility. The staff is unquestionably a cut above most assisted living facilities. Professional, caring, go the extra mile to ensure its residents comfortable and well taken care. The daily activities are outstanding, something for everyone, I especially like their field trips. My wife occasionally participate in their adult day care program. I would highly recommend Greenfield to anyone. Check it out for yourself.

Doing well!

They are taking care of mom really good. She seems to like it and everything is going good so far. It is a great place for mom. The community is nice and it is always kept clean. We have had no complaints so far.

Good place!

My loved one is doing well since her move to this community. They offer a variety of activities that are made available to her. She's eating well and likes to be among other people. We had a small issue with the insurance, so my advice to someone looking would be to make sure that the doctor on site takes your health insurance. Other than that it's been a great place.

One of Our Tours

I went to see this community. They were nice. The rooms did not seem to be of non-medical appearance. They are clean and they did have an odor. The price was not a good fit.

Nice Community, My Tour Went Well

I toured this community for my mother and her needs. My tour went well, this is a nice community. The community appeared to be well maintained. The staff was nice and friendly. There were many factors that played in my choice where to place my mother. Unfortunately this wasn't the community for her, but it is a nice community.

Used to be great - not so much anymore

I loved this place when I first placed my dad. It was 'down home' and homey. Two years later, half the the staff has left and apparently there's a new director who I have yet to meet. The staff who are there are over-worked and tired. There are few familiar faces and I'm not sure the care is very good. Recently my dad, who's in the memory care/Reflections unit became verbally ugly. I received a call. A psych dr evaluated him WITHOUT my permission and prescribed him meds WITHOUT my permission. Today when I visited, he had sores on his arms and no one knew why. There were no shirts in his closet and again, no one knew why. I got there early today to go to church with him (that's held inside Greenfield) - no one came down to get the Reflections residents. Maybe because there were only 3 people working in the Reflections Unit???? I escorted 4 Reflections residents upstairs. What would've happened had I not been there? Additionally, there used to be decorations upstairs in the Reflections unit - no more. Its bare walls. Ugly bare walls. Terribly disappointed and researching other places for my dad. This place has gone from hero to zero.

I liked this facility. The coordinator is absolutely fantastic. She is very attentive and gathers information about your family and the prospective resident in an effort to make sure that both the family and the resident will be happy with choosing their facility. The facility is clean, friendly and inviting. The facility is a little older than some others in this area, but they are already planning renovations which will further enhance the residents experience there. The staff-resident ratio was good. The residents were up, clean, and well dressed. None of that plaid and polka dot nonsense you find at some facilities. I did not see a courtyard for the Memory Care residents so that is a drawback, but I definitely think this facility should make your touring checklist. This facility has 24 hour access to its residents which is also reassuring.

Chelsea Brown

Hello! We are so glad that you enjoyed visiting our facility. We make every effort to ensure you feel welcome and at home while meeting with us. It is always a difficult decision when selecting a place for your loved one, and we like to ensure you have all the information you need, to make the best informed decision. As for our Memory Care, they are given access to the courtyard on a daily basis weather permitting. It is a secured courtyard so they have free range to explore while in a safe environment. Thank you for your kind comments, and concerns. We hope we can continue to assist you in the future.

The staff at Greenfield Senior Living is friendly and helpful. My Dad has adjusted well at this facility. There are activities daily that the residents are encouraged to participate in. The facility is clean and very nice.

Greenfield is a "homey" atmosphere. The building is located on a hillside with apartment buildings behind, a 4 lane divided highway in front and a fire station on the other side of the highway.
Positives: Staff is family oriented and friendly. People are clean and not pretentious. Rooms are clean and have bathtubs instead of showers. Most of the clients were friendly to each other which speaks loads of the care they are given.
Negatives: really none.

Chelsea Brown

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments with others who may be struggling with many challenges of trying to find the right place for their loved ones. We love our family and our proud to have the honor of taking care of those who cared for us. The senior transition is extremely important to each of us. Thanks again, Linda Bishop (Executive Director)

Everything has been Super

They are very caring. They all seem to be really interested in helping the patients. They do whats necessary. The patients are well cared for. The food is very good. My husband eats well and he enjoys it. I go almost everyday to visit him. Everything I have seen has been super. Before he needed memory care, I toured 5 or 6 facilities and this was the best one. The staff is kind and very responsive.

Linda Bishop

It makes my heart feel so good when others our as happy with our family as we are with them. We take pride in the love and care we provide to our loved ones. We feel we are blessed to have the honor to take care of those who took care of us. We have the best residents and families too!!! This is their home and our home away from home! We love, love, love coming to work each day to be with them and to try to make each day better than the day before! Thank you for taking the time to share your feelings. Please know we're here for you as well. My door is always open and you can call me at work or on my cell any time. Thanks again! Linda Bishop-Executive Director

Only OK.

Although the staff are friendly and seem to genuinely care about the residents, there are not enough staff members to take care of the needs of the residents.

Linda Bishop

Thank you for taking the time to share how friendly and genuine our staff is in loving and caring for our loved ones. Greenfield ensures that we never run short staffed. We are (1-8) staff to residents which provides more care and coverage than what is regulated by the state. Some of our staff may have been tending to others in their rooms or showering residents at the time it may have appeared to you that we did not have enough staff members. We would definitely hire more staff if and when needed. All of our families are aware that this is assisted living and they have the right to hire full-time private duty care to have someone at their bedside 24/7. Your feed back is very important to us. Thanks again for sharing your comments for our loved ones and staff.

Sincerely,
Executive Director

Linda Bishop

Thank you for taking the time to share how friendly and genuine our staff is in providing love and care for our loved ones. Greenfield ensures that we never run short staffed. We are (1-8) care staff to residents which provides more care and coverage than what is regulated by the state. Some of our staff may have been tending to others in their rooms or showering residents at the time it may have appeared to you that we did not have enough staff members. we would definitely hire more staff if and when needed. All of our families are aware that this is assisted living and they have every right to hire private duty care to stay by the bedside 24/7. Your feedback is important to us. Thanks again for sharing your comments for our loved ones and staff.

Review of Greenfield of Stafford Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Stafford, VA

Great tour. Strolled through both the AL & MC units. Everything smelled nice, residents seemed happy and well cared for. Loved the puppies interacting with the residents. Had a chance to speak with medication administration staff. Thanks for a great tour!

Linda Bishop

We truly appreciate your visit and giving us the opportunity for you to meet our loving and caring staff. We are always here if you need us!

About what you'd expect

For the most part things have gone alright with Greenfield of Stafford. They do as well as they can for the level of care that they are set up to provide. As long as you aren't going in expecting one on one 24 hour care the service should be good overall. The staff are caring and hard working.

Linda Bishop

Thank you for your kind words regarding our loving and caring staff. Unfortunately, with 62 residents and this community being an assisted living, we are not required or able to provide one-on-one bedside care, 24/7, however, we do allow private duty if the family desires. Thanks again for your kind comments!

Very nice place

This place is very nice looking, and they always keep it clean and well kept. The caregivers are all responsible and responsive, and very friendly. I visit my loved one here all the time and they've really made an effort to get to know me and my loved one personally, which I appreciate.

Linda Bishop

We appreciate you taking the time to comment on our community and staff. We love our residents and our extended families. We truly enjoy coming to work each day to make a difference in the lives of others. It takes all of us to communicate and care for our loved ones as a family. They deserve only the BEST!!!

Restful Environment

Greenfield is convenient to I-95, the staff is helpful and caring. The facility grounds are well kept and has benches for the residents to enjoy some fresh air on warm days. The price is competitive with other facilities we toured and I felt comfortable with the administrators.

Linda Bishop

Thanks so much for sharing your comments about our community. We are definitely competitive with other communities. My door is always open and I give all famiy members my personal cell phone number to call any time, day or night, weekday or weekend. My residents are my family and their care and ensuring they feel loved is the most important and meaningful job I have. Thanks again!

Did a great job here

I thought they did a really great job here. They seem to be a good facility, and they were able to provide all of the care we needed at the time we needed it. The staff were always very pleasant and professional, and the facility was always clean.

Linda Bishop

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinions. We take pride in loving and caring for our family members with kindness and a smile, no matter what the task is. Delivery and approach is everything!!! Thanks again!

They were very friendly.

They were very friendly and comparable to the one we chose. The location was not as convenient for us. They seemed nice.

Linda Bishop

Thanks so much for sharing your comments. We're so sorry our location didn't meet your needs but pray you've found the perfect location for your loved one. The challenges a family faces can seem so overwhelming. Once, a decision has been made to find an assisted living and families realize how much of a wonderful opportunity it is for all involved, many are able to start getting their own lives back!!!

I liked the facility. Mich...

I liked the facility. Michelle was an excellent tour provider and gave me much information. I would seriously consider Greenfield of Stafford if and when he needs to go into a Memory Care Unit.

Linda Bishop

Thanks so much for sharing your experience in our community. We are always here if you need us even if it's just for advice, our day program or respite if you just need a temporary break. Taking care of loved ones, working, and facing life's challenges is a hurdle many of us never want to have to face. You're doing a wonderful job, but know we're here if you ever need us!

Things are going fine, really good ca...

Things are going fine, really good care, she particiaptes in bingo and she participates in the group activites and they have the church services on Sunday, she participates in that. one of the things they could imrpove with dementia patients- my moms situation is, before she had the fall in April and the stroke, she was very sedintary- she had all this rehab at Greenfield and she got real strong but in the morning they get her dressed and bring her out into the general population because she's a fall risk, even though she's strong, she's weak on her legs so she can't be in her room by herself. Because she's sitting and her legs are down, her legs are swelling, i was thinking about bringing a recliner into her room but she can't stay in there so I don't know what to do.

Chelsea Brown

Thanks so much for your continued support and faith in us. Your Mom's comfort, safety, and well being are our utmost concern. We're sorry we have not heard of this concern before now, but rest assured that you are more than welcome to bring a recliner in for your Mom, and we will put in place regular checks, to ensure her safety while not in the main common area. If there is anything else we can do to make her stay more comfortable please don't hesitate to let us know.

We could not be happier with Greenfield of Stafford!

My husband's Aunt Nancy, who is 100 years old, moved into Greenfield in April 2013. We moved her to the memory care unit because she has Alzheimer's Disease and her strength had deteriorated to the point that she could no longer walk with a walker and had to be taken everywhere -- even to the bathroom -- in a wheelchair. She had fallen a couple of times at home and it was clear she needed more help than we could provide. Within a few months of moving to Greenfield, Nancy was once again walking with just a walker completely on her own. Her overall health has improved and she continues to improve. She is happy and engaged in the many activities offered to her. Everyone who works there is kind and caring. We are very impressed!

Chelsea Brown

Nancy is such a joy to have as part of our family here. She is my right hand lady during our morning exercises, helping me count out the sets we do! She keeps me on track when I lose my way, just so longs as I keep the Chiclets flowing!!

Mom likes it!

Mom made the decision herself that she wanted to move closer to me and live in an assisted living community. A Place for Mom was very helpful in supplying information on several communities in my area and after visiting, mom decided Greenfield of Stafford suited her best. She has wonderful things to say about the staff and enjoys the many activities during the week. She considers it her home after 3 months of living there :-)

Linda Bishop

We absolutely love your mom and her sense of humor. She brings so much to our Greenfield family!

Very good, very pleased

Greenfield of Stafford is smaller than some of the larger facilities we toured. We preferred the smaller ones. The Meals are good, I had a couple of meals with mom. The people there were friendly. The rooms were pretty big too, 12x 18 for an individual room.

Linda Bishop

We appreciate your positive comments. We are always happy to receive feedback in which can always look for opportunities to make a difference in the lives of our loved ones!

loved this place, offers daycare.

loved this place, offers daycare.

Linda Bishop

We love being able to help families that need assistance during the day, just a short break, or for those that need to take a vacation for a few weeks. So glad to provide this service to care givers to have a much needed break!

At Greenfield of Stafford, we provide care for your loved ones and, at the same time, help them maintain their independence. Our beautiful, clean neighborhood-style assisted living community looks and feels like home, ensuring our residents' comfort while we provide the care they need. We offer a full range of social activities keeping our residents activities and challenged.

For seniors with Alzheimer's and other related dementia's we provide a safe, secure, warm and stimulating environment. Recognizing the specials needs of your loved ones, Greenfield provides an innovative approach to personalized care while preserving the dignity of each resident.