Greenfield Senior Living of Spotsylvania - Fredericksburg, VA

My wife loves it here!

The staff at Greenfield Senior Living are great. They are very helpful, caring and friendly. They keep me posted and up to date with everything that's going on with my wife. We are very happy!

Very grateful to Greenfield

Greenfield took great care of my mom. She resided there a year and I visited her every week. I saw how they cared for all residents. Staff were kind to everyone, always willing to support them and chat with them.

She was well liked by everybody there and had the most professional treatment. She passed away when she was 92. Four staff members attended her funeral which I appreciated very much.

Thank You Greenfield!

The six months my mom has been at Greenfield Senior Living Of Spotsylvania has been an amazing experience for her. The staff have been kind and attentive and have treated her with dignity, kindness, and respect. She can be hard to please and yet she has not has one negative thing to say about the community. In fact she loves it there so much she does not want to return home. Thank you so much to all staff at Greenfield!

Great Place for Grams

My family is so impressed with Greenfield Senior Living of Spotsylvania! It was a hard decision to make to move Grams into a home- but the staff here has been so helpful, caring, and loving that they have made this easier for all of us! Greenfield of Spotsylvania is so friendly, quaint, and homey. Grams is happy to be around friends and have different activities to do. Our family can now relax knowing that she is being so wonderfully cared for! Thank you Greenfield for taking such great care of Grams (and Family)❤

This is working out well

The staff here are working very hard helping my mom with her adjustment here, they really like her and that makes her feel special. Mom recently had a fall and they were so quick to take action and to call me. The management is very good at making sure they address my issues like when my mom lost some of her laundry and had someone else clothes mixed in with her's and they took care of it. I also like that my mom's meds are monitored by the nurse practitioner and they call with suggestions about different types of care they feel my mom might need.

Not impressed

The staff did a good job with my tour but I was not very impressed with this community, it felt more clinical and depressing. there were not many amenities for the residents, in fact, their game room was a table pulled out into the hallway. The rooms were small. I just knew that I did not want my mother to come here.

I know he is safe

The staff at this community are great about keeping me informed of my dad's progress. They worked with us to get him moved into the community in a timely manner. The caregivers are there for him whenever he may need assistance. They are very accommodating with the meal times and the options that are available. Sometimes it is hard to reach someone in the evening, however once they get my message they are quick to respond. This community is off the main road and I would recommend it.

Comfortable Living!!

This place has been nothing but wonderful to my mother. The staff have been very patient and have provided her with excellent quality of care. I do wish she would get more involved in the activities they have available but she does enjoy the dinning experience with the other residents. Overall I am pleased and would recommend this place to anyone.

A very depressing facility. It's more of a nursing home than Assisted Living.

worth the look

overall first hand experiences were very good

Good so far

Things are going pretty good. I do appreciate that Greenfield calls me to give me updates because I do not live close. They have done a very good job with her rehabilitation as well. I would recommend this community to anyone who lives in that area.

Great place!!

The staff at the Greenfield Senior Living have been very accommodating. My mother is still adjusting and they are helping as much as they can. The place is very clean, and the caregiver that was taking care of my mother before thought it was a good choice as well. The food is good and they had a lot of holiday activities.

A Good Place To Move Too

My tour of this community went well, this is a nice community. The staff I met was kind and friendly. They answered my questions and were informative. The community looked good. It looked nice and clean, and well maintained. This is a good place for anyone to move to.

My Dads short time at this facility.

I felt that I was given bad information regarding the room set up and level of care they were able to give. I was told that in the private room, our family member would be able to control temperature. That was not true at all. The emergency pull for falling did not work. Not nearly enough staff. It was just a very bad experience.

Great Care at the Greenfield Assisted Living, Spotsylvania, Va.

My mother has been in the Greenfield Senior Living of Spotsylvania, Va. since August 2014.

The facility is clean and cheerful. All the staff bends over backwards to accommodate the residents and their families.

The Director of Nurses, nurses and certified nursing aides are great and take so much interest to ensure that each resident is well cared for.

The administrative, activity, maintenance and food staff are so welcoming and will help in any way they can.

I would not hesitate to recommend Greenfield for your loved one/s.

Positive Senior Living Experience...

My father has been a resident in the memory unit of Greenfield of Spotsylvania for six months and we have been nothing short of pleased with the care and attention he receives. While his transition from home to assisted living was hard for all of us, the Greenfield staff did special outreach to my Mom, assuring her that Dad would be cared for. The caregivers are patient and nurturing with him; the nursing staff makes sure we are aware of any medical concerns; housekeeping and maintenance staff keeps the facility clean and functioning; Dad eats three meals a day plus snacks; has clean clothes; and whether or not he chooses to participate, there are games, church services, entertainment, and even road trips, etc. provided weekly. Greenfield publishes a monthly calendar of events so on any given day we know what is going on in the memory unit. Caregiving is very demanding and Greenfield definitely steps up to the challenge.

Nice facility take a tour!

My father has been a resident of the facility for about a year. Overall I am pleased with the care. They have onsite medical care (doctors and nurse practitioner) , physical therapy and activities for the residents. The facility got a complete rehab a few years ago and it is very clean and beautiful. The staff is very friendly. I never worry about my father and feel he is in good hands. I also feel that you get a lot for your money at this facility as the prices are reasonable compared to other facilities. This facility was recommended to me by a social worker that works for a local hospice group. Her father was also a resident at the facility. I am a nurse and I recommend that you take a tour of this facility.

My experience

A dementia care facility is completely different than any other care facility. When my mother needed dementia care, I was totally unaware of anything related to that realm. All I learned came from this facility and they are well versed and educated. Working there takes special people. I continue to be amazed at how loved and personally cared for the residents are. Each resident has his or her own set of needs and the staff knows those needs. There are many activities, celebrations of holidays, and family involved events. I always know when I leave that my mother was loved and cared for while I am not there. That is the most important part.

Very Pleased with Decision to Move Parents to Greenfield

It was necessary about 4 years ago to move my parents into an assisted living situation . Our choice at the time was another local facility. Over time the care level decreased and we reviewed the other options in the area, ultimately selecting Greenfield.

Having loved ones in this life stage is very challenging for family, and the decision regarding who to entrust with their care and well-being is both difficult and important. We have been very pleased with the decision we made.

There are many aspects I find appealing aabout Greenfield, but a few in my view sets them apart from other local options.

1. The management is great and the staff is skilled and caring, and they work well together. One failing of other facilities I have observed is that the staff does not communicate well with each other, and resident care suffers as a result.

2. They offer great rehab services (PT/OT/ST) through an on-site, full-time, third party provider. The individual therapists are outstanding and they integrate rehab goals into the daily activities of the residents by working with the Care Managers.

3. They have developed a very strong relationship with a physicians group who regularly visit the facility to see residents. Both an MD and a PA are on-site on a weekly basis. This, and the existence of a full time Wellness Nurse position, allows timely and proactive care. My parents hospitalizations have decreased dramatically as many common problems, such as UTIs, are caught and treated early, avoiding a trip to the hospital.

One consideration I would pass onto those selecting a facility, that I learned the hard way, is not to place too much emphasis on "luxuriousness" of the facility. Greenfield is very nice, always clean, well maintained and offers the amenities other facilities do, but it is "modest" compared to some. It appears they invest more in a greater staff to resident ratio and some of the other areas mentioned above. The undeniable truth is every facility has to make about the same profit margin, so it is really less about how much they spend and more on where they choose to spend it. In the end, the level of care family members receive is by far the most important consideration.

The bottom line is I truly sleep better with my parents in Greenfield than I did before.

Rude head nurse

The nurse I talked to was very rude and was yelling orders to the workers showing very little respect. The building was nice and clean but the nasty attitude of the nurse was very off putting. I can only imagine how residents are treated if that's how you speak to your workers. My mother will not be going to this facility.

Also a nice facility. I'm not sure about a bathroom being shared by three residents from units on either side of the room.

A complete nightmare.

Recently I made arrangements to move my father to Greenfield in Spotsylvania. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful right up until things went horribly wrong.
-They did not inventory or label the items I brought for his room.
-They did not inventory his person to make sure he was not bringing in anything dangerous.
Since my father has dementia, he still had his wallet, keys, and two pocket knives. One of which he used to threaten a staff member and the other he used to dismantle a window on his 2nd day and he eloped. This facility left him in the ER of the local hospital for 18 hours insisting my father must have PTSD or some other issue other than Dementia because of the violent 'fight or flight' behavior he was showing.
I feel this is irresponsible. I told them my father was RECON USMC. I told them he would be combative. I don't understand why they didn't label his belongings or screen him upon entry. I don't understand why they would not take him back from the ER once he had calmed down. They left him there and refused to take him back. It was a nightmare for me and my family to have to pick him up from that ER and find a way to care for him while we found another facility.
In the week that followed, I waited and waited for them to contact me with a plan for their own psychiatrist to evaluate him. I called them every day to ask. After a full week I was told their psychiatrist would not evaluate him, and I would need to get a 3rd party licensed psychiatrist involved, even though he had received two evaluations at the hospital and they deemed it was just the Dementia, and no underlying psychiatric problems were detected.
Finally, after a few weeks, I received my un-cashed check in the mail. But there was no letter or note or anything in the envelope. Just my check. And a few days after, I got a bill for the 2 days my father was there.

Connie Clem

We are saddened to read this review. As a Commonwealth of Virginia licensed assisted living and memory care facility, dedicated to providing the levels of quality senior care for our residents, we are mandated to provide for the safety of all our residents and staff operated within these guidelines in all cases of service and care. As such, we are unable physically or pharmaceutically to restrain residents who experience a combative episode or inflict life threatening physical harm to other residents or staff. Doing so would not be in keeping with our dedicated mission of service and care to seniors.
Admission of all Greenfield Residents involves a thorough assessment of care needs, however at times, the complete detailed information with regard to medical history is not always known or provided. Should a situation such as this occurs we would engage our community geriatric psychiatric and medical director for guidance and recommendations. Additionally, county police and rescue squad are engaged to transport to the area medical center. Regular communications with a medical center's ER team, our medical director and geriatric psychiatrist is maintained. At a point of discharge recommendations are obtained from our geriatric psychiatrist and medical director, preferably in conjunction with family members as to the best interest of the resident. In some cases it is to seek further assessment and treatment at a mental health facility. These resources are given to a family, with the guidance that should appropriate treatment be rendered the resident could return to the community.

We deeply regret that we could not appropriately meet this resident or family needs.
Doug Nevitt
Executive Director
Greenfield of Spotsylvania

Pleased with the care

I have an Uncle staying here everyone is courteous and really seem to care for his well being. He mentions how well everyone treats him here which helps me sleep at night.

Connie Clem

Thank you so much for your kind words. We will continue to strive to provide the best possible care for your loved one.

Greenfield Senior living is an outsta...

Greenfield Senior living is an outstanding place. The staff did an excellent job caring for my mother, and services were great. I would say this facility is top of the line!

Excellent care

Our experience with Greenfield Senior Living has been a good one! The staff are very responsive, professional, and very knowledgeable about handling my loved one's particular issues. We knew the transition was going to be difficult for her, but the staff here really managed to stay out in front of any issues and handle things before they became problems.

For the most part we have been fairly pleased.

This was a respite stay. Response time depends on the CNA, the nursing is very good, the therapy has been very good. The activities personnel really do try to engage. The food isn't fresh it's canned, it would be nice to have a cook on site, they do try to accommodate. It's a lot of the same food, some variety would be nice, they do make an effort. For the most part we have been fairly pleased.

We are very pleased with Greenfield! ...

We are very pleased with Greenfield! What we like the most is the size. Their maximum capacity is 66 residents (about half in assisted living, and half in memory care). The size is a good fit for our loved one. The type of care they give is an ongoing battle, and I think they do a great job! The staff are all very friendly! They remember our names better than we remember theirs, and if we ever have a question, they make sure we get an answer and call us back right away if they need to. They genuinely seem to care, and it's not a facade.

They seem to be very attentive.

They seem to be very attentive. She has adjusted well. They have a lot of different activities and they have singing groups come in and they have someone come and do their nails once a week. It's a fairly new facility, they are just getting ready to celebrate one year.

We are very satisfied.

We are very satisfied. The food is good, I would say a five. There seems to be a turnover, the head nurse has changed, and other nurses too. The head nurse is an L.P.N., not an R.N. which surprised me. We chose them because the number seems to be something they could deal with, there weren't a whole lot of people there.

Completely satisfied

We are very pleased with the accommodations, the responsiveness to inquiries, and suggestions. The food is very good; options are available if the main menu isn't liked by the resident. The facility is brand new and clean. Sarah, the Activities Coordinator is wonderful. She's always doing things with the residents, trying new things to get residents involved. All of the staff are very friendly, helpful and concerned about every resident and the families of the residents.

I would recommend it

When mother went there they had just opened and I think they were having some growing pains. The staff was friendly and they were competent but I think they were overwhelmed sometimes with taking in new people who require extra attention when they were getting settled, which is not outside the norm.

My mother's dementia was too severe for her to participate but the activities that I saw were good and appropriate for that unit. Overall, it was good. I don't think I could have found a better place for her. I would recommend it.

Rooms were small. Don't really know a...

Rooms were small. Don't really know about activities or schedules. Liked 2nd tier care.

At Greenfield Senior Living of Spotsylvania, we believe you deserve exceptional care in a loving, supportive environment. We've redefined senior care by offering services and amenities that allow you to age in place, and give you access to the best geriatric medical services in Spotsylvania county. We'll collaborate with you and your family on a personal care plan that is customized to meet your individual needs. Continuing care living options include assisted living, memory care, short-term care, and hospice care.