Great Community

We moved my father to Country Gardens at the beginning of the year. The staff in fabulous and Dad is very happy there. Management is visible throughout the building.

Great Community

We moved my mother in law into Country Gardens a few months ago and could not be happier with the care and love the staff has provided her. I would recommend this facility to anyone looking for placement of their loved one.

Wonderful Community

Country Gardens is a wonderful community with the goal of taking care of the residents top priority. I recommend this community highly.

Older facility that doesn't compare to the Country Gardens at Dunwoody facility. Across the street from the library so no need for in house library. Surprised that most residents rooms had their doors open during their dinner hour. Some of former residents had changed the closet to a kitchenette at their own expense in the smaller rooms. Some rooms did not have their own thermostat to control heat and air, which was dependent on which hallway the room was located. Staff seemed friendly enough.

Shelley Hamner

Thank you for taking the time to review Country Gardens Duluth. We love our location next to the library and so do our residents! We would love to have you come back for a tour any time!

Bad care

I on occasions take my dad to Country Gardens for Senior Daycare to give myself a break. I am his caregiver. I am really disappointed with country gardens due to them not changing my dad diaper. He wears diapers and I specifically told [Removed] that they need to check him from time to time. When I went to pick my dad up after 8 hours he was soaked. They did not use none of the diapers I sent with him. This is my third time picking him up like this. Its bit free and I pay for a service I am not getting, therefore I will not be going back to them.

Shelley Hamner

We are very sorry to hear that your experience was not positive and we are committed to making you pleased with our care. Please reach out to our Executive Director so that he can meet with you and discuss your concerns in person.

Care and comfort

I like the care that is being received here from the great staff. The community is clean and it has a nice environment for her. The menu is average and they have a lot of choices. The activities are offered for her to join the other residents. We like that the staff is welcoming. We would highly recommend this community for the excellent care.

Shelley Hamner

Thank you for taking the time to give us this feedback. We are glad that you are very pleased with our lovely community! We will continue to work hard to exceed your expectations and make sure you and your loved one are happy at Country Gardens Duluth!

One of My Top Picks

This is a very nice community, and it was one of my top picks for my grandparents. The community looked great, everything I saw looked good. The staff was kind, and friendly. The experience went very well, but I did find another community that suited our needs better.

Shelley Hamner

We are so glad that you are happy that you enjoyed our community and had a wonderful experience. We wish you and your grandparents all the best and hope that they are happy and well cared for. Thank you for considering Country Gardens.

Loved [Removed]. Really liked the place. The rate was really good. Layout may be confusing for Mama.

Shelley Hamner

Thank you for coming to visit us at Country Gardens. We would love the opportunity to have your mother come and live with us. We always make sure that our residents are escorted to meal and events when they first move in so they can learn their way around. We have found that our residents love our cozy at-home feeling. Thanks again for coming to take a look!

Not The One for Us, But A Nice Community Overall

We toured this community for my father in law, and his needs. The tour went well overall. Everyone was very friendly to my family, and I. The experience was a good one, but unfortunately this was not the community for us.

Shelley Hamner

Thank you for coming to visit us at Country Gardens. I'm sorry that it wasn't the right place for you. We would welcome the opportunity to have your father-in-law come and live with us!

This is an assisted living facility. The building is 25 years old, and all units are 1 room suites with small refrigerators. [Removed] is just not ready for this yet. But, the people were very nice, and it was good to educated about assisted living (here) vs. retirement community/indepednent living with personal care options (elsewhere).

Shelley Hamner

Thank you for your feedback. We have four different floor plans to chose from at the community. Although the community is 25 years old, it has been extensively remodeled recently. Thank you for visiting Country Gardens!

My moms care

I like the care here at this nice community. We like that they are attentive. The menu is appealing. They offer my mom activities, but she had not participated yet. We do like the atmosphere of this community. We highly recommend the care and the value of this community to other families.

Shelley Hamner

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us this feedback. It is an honor to have your mom as one of our residents. We are glad you are so pleased. If there is anything we can ever do, please continue to let us know!

Comfortable with My Mother Living Here

I'am satisfied with my mother move to this community. It is a nice place with caring people. The staff is great, they are caring for her and her needs well. She has gotten involved in the community with the activities they have available. The meals are hit and miss she says. Overall I know she is safe and in a good place. This is a community I would recommend to my family and friends.

Took A Tour!!

During my tour of the community Plantation South i noticed that everything was fairly clean and organized. They offered transportation for the residents and had activities on site. The meal plans they had seemed good and healthy. I got to see all of the community including their dinning room, bedrooms and their indoor common areas.

Christina Trentham

Thank you for taking the time to review our community. We are very honored to have the opportunity to love and care for our residents. We take pride in knowing that we are providing the highest quality of care that we may offer for our residents. We hope you will choose to make our community home.

don't be fooled

Beware. This place is not what it is represented to be. Do not believe the brochure, Doctor comes in ONE time a month. Transportation that they make you believe is abundently available is not. Half broken down van only moves on Thursday morning to go to Walmart for exactly 45 minutes. There is one grocery trip a week.
Many people there should be in a nursing home. PS has NO Life Saving Equipment. [removed]

The food is horrible. The home made soup they talk about is water,grease and flavoring(i was in the food business). The portions are ridicoulusly small. 90% of the time, on Sunday night dinner is ONE SLICE of low cost iunch meat between 2 pieces of bread with maybe canned beets.
Yet the staff walks around with huge plates of food .

The staff is under paid, UNDER STAFFED and with the exception of a very few simply do not care. I had more medication mixups

I could write forever about P.S. The only thing important is filling the next room.

P.S. leadership will look you in the eye and tell you this is one big happy family

really good

Most everything with Plantation South Duluth has been really good.

My mother does sometimes have a hard time understanding some of the care givers due to a language barrier.

Other than that everything with them has been very good.

Not quite as bright and airy.

We toured here while we were looking. They were a nice place, and in a pretty good location. It wasn't quite as good a fit personality wise, not quite as bright and airy as the place we chose. There was nothing really wrong with it. We just liked another place a little better.

Son of person who stayed there for a week

Mom wasn't too happy there. They got her up every morning at 6:30 when she normally sleeps until 9 or later,
They also did not help her with her CPAP machine like they were supposed to and she ended up not using it while she stayed there for a week. She said the food was ok but not great.

Menu needs improvement and more variety

The only issue is the menu, they were very deceiving in the brochure stating that they have certain items and they do not. Overall the care and cleanliness is very good and she is getting a good level of the care she needs.

Clint Dockery

Thank you for your comments! Meal times are special at our community, a time when our residents can experience great food and also gather with friends. Meals are chef-prepared, well balanced and focus on the nutritional needs of older adults, as directed by our registered dietician. Our menus vary and the menus appearing in our brochure are samples of what may be served. Although we have served many of the listed items, we have found that some are not favorites of the majority of residents and therefore not offered. Our goal is to make meal time a pleasure and we welcome all comments from our residents and families. Please feel free to contact me directly if there is a dish that you or your loved one would like to see on the menu.

Sincerely,
Farnece Roberts
Executive Director

Friendly place, happy people

I think they do a wonderful job at Plantation South, it is a great place! The facility itself is well kept and clean, and the residents are well cared for. It really feels like one big family here, the staff are friendly and helpful and the residents seem happy. Whenever I visit it feels like nobody here has a bad day!

excellent care

Every experience I have had so far with Plantation South Duluth has gone well. They take excellent care of their residents, and it is a very nice place for my dad. I am very pleased with them so far. It is a very friendly environment. The staff there is all very nice and friendly, and it is a very clean facility. It has been a good experience and I would highly recommend Plantation South Duluth.

Small environment but I felt the rooms were somewhat dated. Lisa was a gracious host.

Keep the staff guessing when you'll visit. Be very nosey.

Spot checked my fathers medications and found someone else's meds mixed in with his. I received assurance he was not administered the meds but I was extremely disappointed it happened.
The weekend help is awful. I used my fathers call button and it took 30 minuted for someone to respond. They said they were on break. Unacceptable!
I dropped in to visit one day and my father's wheelchair was missing. I found it near the dining facility. Not sure why he wasn't returned to his room in his wheelchair or why they did not return it.
All assisted living facilities are essentially the same. The money goes to the upper management and sales. The real help is very low paid workers who are trying to make ends meet. Sometimes you get lucky and the people genuinely care but often the help just aren't paid enough to care.
I recommend wherever you place your loved one stay involved and be VERY nosey. Never come at the same time every day or during the week. Keep the staff guessing when you will be there and when they deserve it, be a huge pain in their [removed].
Lastly, my father died 7 days into the month. The month was already paid in full and I was told I would be refunded the pro-rated amount for the month. It took 1 month to get the refund and I felt it was short. I spoke with the facility and they agreed I had been shorted several hundred dollars. It took another month to be given the difference.

There just wasn't enough personal care.

I left and came home. There were just too many people involved. It was too big a place, they had too many people to take care of and not enough staff. There just wasn't enough personal care.

Seemed like a nice place

We had our loved one here briefly for respite care. It wasn't a great match in terms of what they provided and what my loved one needed, but I appreciated the effort they put into making it work. It seemed like it would be a nice place for someone with less unique care needs.

A great place for our Dad

Our Dad has been a resident for 18 months. The staff is professional, helpful and very courteous. They are most helpful with Dad when he is in need of additional therapy. I visit Dad almost daily, his room is bright and clean. He feels safe, secure and comfortable. We are happy with our decision to have him living at Plantation South Duluth.

I couldn't say enough bad things about them.

I couldn't say enough bad things about them. She would get sick on their food. When they say you get a cup of soup, it's a half a teacup and half full of grease. The food is not good. It was not clean, their cleaning was a duster, and take out the garbage. The room was very small with only enough room for a bed, a chair, and a dresser. I wouldn't let a mouse stay there. The visiting doctor will charge just to walk in the door even when there is no need to see the resident.

Clint Dockery

As the Executive Director here, I am very sorry that you feel your experience with us was not a good one. As these are concerns that I have not previously heard, I would love the opportunity speak with you regarding your experience. As we are aware meal enjoyment is quite subjective but we strive to always present a pleasurable dining experience with great food choices including homemade soups. Please feel free to contact me at: [removed] or [removed].
Farnece Roberts

Dad had a bad experience with assiste...

Dad had a bad experience with assisted living in Texas so we were concerned and wanted to find a place where he would be happy. We couldn't be more pleased with Plantation South. It is truly a community. The staff are great. They are loving and kind and are genuinely concerned about him.

no memory care section. goo...

no memory care section. good location, nice people, men dad's age he would enjoy. Nice room - Magnolia - 430 sq ft. Older decor - they say their food is exceptional and that the chef spends time with the guests getting feedback. Very small courtyard but nice front porch area. Liked the feel. A little larger than CY/LS but not by much.

This was by far the warmest...

This was by far the warmest most community feeling place we visited. The Executive Director spoke directly to Dad rather than just talking to me. She seemed genuinely interested in his well being.

Pleased but needed more care

It was wonderufl at the time for her needs, it was something she could afford and they were very good with different things. Their activities weren't the swiftest but generally it was good and she relaxed a bit and started making friends. She did her own thing and just 2 days before she moved dehydration had set in so bad, the doctor came over because they call him in and had them send her to the hospital, she had really did on a number on herself. Where the problems come in is mom just needs a high level of care. We were quite happy with them and after she had her little episode we just decided that she needed more help and more watching than they were able to provide. They said they could give it a try and she wanted to go back there but we were up in Athens and I couldn't just hop in the car and go see her.

This is our choice. More affordable.

This is our choice. More affordable.

For over 40 years, we have been setting the standard in Senior Living. Our commitment to family values such as integrity, reliability, and excellence is more than just a business philosophy- it’s a tradition. Be sure to visit our web site at www.PlantationSouth-Duluth.com

At Plantation South Duluth Assisted Living Community we offer a choice of lifestyles based upon your individual needs. We provide Assisted Living, Personal Care, Short-term/Respite Care and a Senior Day Program. Whatever lifestyle you choose, you are assured of our most important commitment: providing quality care with respect and compassion in a home-like atmosphere.

The Short-term/Respite Program and Senior Day Program at Plantation South Duluth Assisted Living Community have been designed with caregivers in mind, enabling them to enjoy vacationing, shopping, handling emergencies or just rejuvenating while a loved one is cared for in a home-like environment. Our Short-term/Respite and Senior Day Programs are available 7 days a week, including weekends and holidays. Providing a structured, fun, active day within a home-like atmosphere is always the priority.

Our 24-hour staff is here to provide you with the support you expect and the care you deserve. Our service packages includes medication assistance, prescription ordering, bathing assistance, 3 delicious meals daily, arrangements and transportation for local medical appointments, shopping, banking and activities. We also include apartment housekeeping, daily activities and social programs, complimentary notary and fax services, and much, much more. Small pets are always welcome!

At Plantation South Duluth Assisted Living Community we provide a wide variety of activities and social programs to stimulate the minds and bodies of our residents. Such activities include computer classes, pet therapy, trivia, entertainment, music, church services, garden club, library club, monthly birthday party celebrations and much more. We aim to meet everyone’s needs, providing an opportunity for companionship yet all the privacy you may desire.

We are here for you when you need us, offering a full range of services. Our family values and standards of excellence prove that Plantation South Duluth Assisted Living Community is your best choice for senior living. Why don’t you stop by today for a tour of our premier community? Our caring and experienced staff is here to answer any questions you may have. Come and see how seniors get the most out of life!