Shekinah Home - Norcross, GA

Good Care for family

I toured this community and was not liking that the community was older. I did like that they had a lot of care takers for all of the residents. They do offer a lot of activities for the residents. We would recommend this community as someone is needing attention more often. They have a good value for the care that is given. They are very helpful.

The staff members were very helpful, I was interested because my Best Friend had chosen this to be best place for her mom, but she passed away before she could move there. I Like Norcross, however it would match what my Mom expects.

This place wasn't very good. A friend and I went to see it. Wasn't what I was looking for. It was up on a hill and a very small front and back yard. It's not where I would like to be. Dirty too.

From the West Coast to the East

Following my father's death, I decided to bring my mother to Atlanta so that she would be near family. I called "A Place for Mom" and was referred to Rebecca who immediately got information that made every decision easy and helped facilitate getting my mother across country. I was even given information regarding the airport's customer service for wheelchair assistance. Rebecca with "A Place for Mom" took all the information regarding my mother's needs and paired that with location preference. Rebecca made me feel immediately at ease and in a gentle way paved the way to Shekinah Home. Shekinah was the perfect answer. The owner, Sarah George, is totally dedicated to each of her residents and interacts with them in an insightful, loving, and caring way. The staff at Shekinah stepped in immediately as a team to respond to all my mother's medical, physical and emotional needs. My whole family is comforted by the care our mother receives at Shekinah and we are so very thankful for the people who guided us there.

Shekinah Shines

Shekinah is a Godsend! The staff is the best! Ms. Sarah and Ms. Kim are kind, caring, and professional. The concept of having all patients together is so helpful to them all. We searched for a long time and are so happy with Shekinah. The room is lovely, and the activities are uplifting. Most important is that my mom is safe and happy!

The staff was incredibly friendly. The facility is under renovation which will help update the facility. The rooms are decent size but do not have any kitchenettes.

Shekinah Home

Very good place for your loved one, they were very attentive and made arrangements for his arrival and went the "extra mile" to make sure someone was there to welcome him and take care of him. Home is clean and had great activities for him.

It doesn't look like a five star hotel, but they have five star care.

For what they are charging and the service, compared to other places we have used, I think they are a very good value. Based on the staff that I've met that are very friendly, they have not had a lot of turnover. The staff are committed and pleased with their job. They do have different activities and people coming in, however, they don't take outside trips. That's not as big of a deal as I thought it would be. Right now, I would not change anything. I like that it is not corporate owned, it's family owned. They have a good general morale. It's not as impressive as the fancy places, it doesn't look like a five star hotel, but they have five star care.

Of the places we've visited, this is ...

Of the places we've visited, this is the best of the places that best meets our needs. I'm in the process of filling out the paper work for VA benefits to see if we can meet the costs. I've also visited Courtyard Gardens in Lawrenceville, but the cost for memory care is out of our range to pay for.